Ratings for Dr. Joseph King

Very nice, spacious and inviting office. Doctors are all very knowledgeable - other staff is just plain rude. Sat me down in the procedure room and told me it would be a minute, and then went off to call other patients for an hour. Opened the surgical instruments and left them open exposed to air and possible air borne germs. No apology or explanation for being behind an hour plus and staff never bothered to come back into the room to tell me they were running behind, or just to check up. Great doctors but not personable staff members. Would not recommend based on staff, doctors and office were nice.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

ALWAYS late. Never any apologies for running 1-3 hours late. The man who does pressure tests and puts dilation drops in your eyes is just plain rude. Treatment is okay if you ever get to see a doctor. An 8:30 appt means maybe 10:00 because the doctor is "in surgery" Come on this is not life and death emergency surgery - staff should book knowing how long these surgeries take.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr King is a Great person and a knowledgable surgeon, I had laser surgery at Lasik MD and I am not happy at all, please do not do any surgeory with dr Rasouli at lasik md she burly knows anything about eyes!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I had cataract surgery with Dr. King in Surrey at the Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser center. The office was very nice and spacious. It was super busy but the office was super organized - it was nice to see since most medical offices are slow and dis-organized. I had the eye surgeries done within 2 months of seeing him. Compare that with the other ophthalmologst that I saw 10 months ago and I guess I am still on his waitlist, and no phone calls from that office! The surgery facility was large, clean and comforting. There was no rush or over-booking. The schedule was clockwork. The results were night and day. My brothers and my wife will also have their appointments here. Great job! Recommend highly!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Went in for 'bladeless Lasik' around the beginning of June 2015. Was 20/25 vision within three hours and 20/15 within one week. Eventually stabilized at about 20/20 after a month and a half or so, sometimes 20/15 but not not all the time. My night vision remains excellent (and it was excellent going in). Had some minor light haloing at night for the first two months, off and on depending on how tired my eyes were, but really very minor and frankly no worse than the weird light refraction you can sometimes get at night through glasses anyway. Recovery was amazing and went exactly as expected. Dr. King monitored a small epithelial growth of tissue at the edge of one of the Lasik flaps (apparently a common occurence during recovery) to ensure it didn't get in under the flap, and it stabilized with no issue. I've now visited my optometrist that I've had since grade one for my regular two year eye exam and he said it was excellent work and he has seen many bungled Lasik flaps - this one was basically flawless. I now use eye drops at the beginning and end of each day whereas pre-surgery I used to just rub my eyes. I've stopped that as its a bad idea period, nevermind after having eye surgery. So budget that into your outlook I suppose. I opt to not use preservative eye drops as I am cognizant of long term effects, so I use Hylo drops by Candorvision. $40-50 retail but only $32.99 if ordered via Costco. BionTears also work, but they are single use style and can also add up (cheaper sticker price but need to buy them more often).

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I had Lasik/PRK surgery done with Dr. Joseph King around 8 month ago. The actual procedure was painless but the recovery wasn't really pleasant, so I even wrote already a negative review a few month ago... Today, 8 month later I'm happy. As of my last checkup in November my vision is better than 20/20. If you have PRK, please note that the recovery time is longer than the standard Lasik so it can be challenging to drive or read a computer for a weeks after surgery. Thank you, Dr. King! You are truly King of Lasik!!! S. Stevens

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My first time going to an opthomologist and Dr. King made my experience extremely comfortable. His office is fairly new and clean.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. King office in Surrey is a mess, he is often 2 to 3 hours late, the staff turnover is extreme and I've even heard them say they don't know what they are doing. Although Dr. King is a very nice man (when you finally get to see him) I'm surprised what a mickey mouse office he is running at Fraser Valley Cataract and Laser.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

My surgery (PRK) was done back in February of 2014. For the first 2 month till May I was staying at home on the sick leave with the really bad side effects: eye pain, blurriness, headaches. Today, 4 month later, I feel even worse. My eyes totally unbalanced! I got horrible stigmatism and without prescription eyeglasses I can't now drive a car, watch TV, play sport, can’t enjoy my life. The worst part of this nightmare- as a full time an Engineering designer, I can't completely perform my work! After 2-3 hrs working with computer my right eye starting throbbing with a pain and tears are coming out. This surgery totally changed my life!!! In additional to that I started experiencing with the permanent headaches, sexual misbalances and depression. Dr. King, you were the one who promised me safe and positive results the day of my surgery. How can you fix all of this mess you brought into my life and bring my eyes back to normal so I can move forward with my life? S. Stevens,July2014

Submitted July 1, 2014

Lasik is one of the best things I've ever done. I really enjoy being able to see without glasses. I enjoy skiing and it is freedom for me. It's been a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend Dr. Kings team.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014