Ratings for Dr. Gino Pecoraro

I could not recommend Gino more highly! I had trouble falling pregnant, our GP referred us to him and since then everything has just amazing. I was high risk with my pregnancy but it was managed wonderfully. The nurses call him Doctor picky because he knows his stuff. My husband and I could not say one bad thing about Gino or our pregnancy/delivery experience.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

The very best on/gyn in Brisbane. So very clever and professional. Jeannie is a lovely lady, I can't believe someone would write nasty things about her.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Wonderful caring absolutely a miracle maker highly recommended and experienced.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

So happy with Dr Pecoraro. My husband and I call him the PecSTAR. I'm so excited to be in his care for our second baby. He's an extremely capable, good old fashioned MD who doesn't waste time on nonsense fads and fashions. He's also very funny, engaging and kind. I would recommend him to anyone,

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I had to travel a fair distance to see Dr. Pecoraro. He was definitely worth the journey. He nailed my issues and fixed them immediately. His knowledge with my extensive history was very reassuring. He was kind, caring and articulate. Definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

one of the most experienced doctors i have encountered. He is kind, caring and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Gino cared for my health and that of my baby consistently throughout my pregnancy and safely delivered our son. During pregnancy I didn't think to mention some of the common issues such as morning sickness, fatigue and hip / back pain as I thought they were 'just to be expected', however, Gino always asked specific questions around these issues then addressed them and followed up next visit to see if his recommendations had helped (which they always did). I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable and evidence based approach to my pre natal care. Post delivery I had some issues (not of any fault of Ginos) and I found that he was fantastic - Gino was so calm, confident and skilled He checked in on me at least once every day I was in hospital. He is slightly more expensive then some other obgyn however I think you get what you pay for with him. I would rather pay slightly extra for this advanced level of expertise. I noticed some negative comments below and can only say that if you want a high level of evidenced based care and your goal is a healthy mum and healthy baby, Gino is a fantastic obgyn. If you have firm ideas on your delivery that may not be inline with best practice or go against current literature, I would look for a different obgyn. I look forward to seeing Gino again when we have baby number 2.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Found Gino to be a very talented obstetrician, knowledgable and straight to the point. Talking with other medical professionals he is a very well respected doctor around Brisbane. I get the feeling you have to pay a little bit more for Gino however the cost of knowing you have one of Brisbane better obstetricians is well worth it. Followed up straight after theatre with the cesarean and made an additional visit outside of what he was required to do to ensure everything was ok.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

After my initial couple of visits I deemed him a great gyno, he suggested I go through a full laparoscopy / key hole surgery to identify the endometriosis I was complaining about, after coming out of theatre, he was nowhere to be seen, I was told this procedure would only be day surgery and I would go home that afternoon, I ended up staying in hospital for just over 1 week (not his fault, obviously the endo was much worse than expected) however I was asking the nurse every day when I would see Dr Pecoraro and remained confused and concerned, they kept saying hopefully tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow. He finally turned up 3 days after my surgery and basically told me what we already knew pre surgery - that it was endometriosis and he had to take my appendix out. This information would have been handy on the day I woke up from theatre, including the expected timeframe that I would be staying in hospital – it’s not fair waiting 3 days to find out the prognosis and what’s going on! It took 3 full weeks to recover and my endometriosis pain had not changed one bit, I am still dying once a month to this day. I haven't been back as I’m really depressed in regards to the cost (I am still paying the finance off, it’s been 4 years!!) the secretary (she is a rude b!tch) is really sour and doesn’t want to know you once shes got your money..

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I am going for Gynaecological reasons. He puts you at ease. Very humorous in his approach which is what is needed from a doctor who looks at women's bits all day!! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014