Ratings for Dr. Edwig K. Plotnick

Dr.P has been working with my husband for the past 1.5 years. His case is severe so he meets with Dr.P 3 times a week. We are so lucky to have found Dr.P--she keeps my hope alive for his recovery. I could not imagine a more empathetic, more supportive psychiatrist who genuinely cares for her patients and their families. She has come in during her vacations for an emergency session with my husband and she is always happy to talk to my husband and me by phone between sessions. Although I'm not her patient, she listens to me and calms me by phone. Dr.P is insightful and intelligent. She can engage in my husband's talk about theoretical philosophy but at the same time knows how to bring him back from such philosophical talk so he focuses on his feelings and the deeper issues he is trying to avoid. Rather than just pushing medication, she takes the time to explore underlying issues. My husband, who was reluctant to do therapy at first, now looks forward to sessions. Thank you Dr. P!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

From the moment you call Dr. Plotnick to discuss an initial consult about your needs with her you'll be impressed & reassured; her genuinely caring, unassuming voice will call you back promptly. You'll glean quickly that Dr. P is far from the stereotypical shrink -- she really cares about *you*. No matter how busy her schedule is she'll make time to help you, without keeping other patients waiting. If you want to feel and function better so you can improve and/or better enjoy your family, other relationships, or any aspects of your personal or professional life, Dr. Plotnick is the call to make - and once you meet her, I'll bet you'll be confident you don't need to find any other. She really is that effective and special. My own experience with her has spanned two EXTREMELY FRUITFUL years and I am GRATEFUL AND HAPPY NOW (yay!). Lastly, I noticed that her new office with easy parking now too :) isn't listed here. Info should be updated to 8830 Cameron St., Silver Spring (301) 588-4260

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Wow! I could not ask for a kinder, more intelligent or more empathetic psychiatrist. Dr Plotnick and I have worked together for about 8 years. She is always on time, returns calls promptly, and has always been able to see me when needed. When I was worried about a specific (non-psychiatric) problem, she went to her bookcase and showed me passages in a book that both informed and reassured. She goes out of her way. I see her as an adjunct to my regular psychiatrist, when my doctor is on vacation, yet we have established and maintained a therapeutic relationship. I am grateful for her humor, her knowledge, her empathy and kindness. Truly, no complaints and nothing that I would improve.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

Dr. Edwig K. Plotnick's Credentials

• Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci, Bethesda Md 20814 (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD