Ratings for Dr. Walter J. Duffy

Dr Walter Duffy provides outstanding psychiatric service for the Lincoln community. The location is nice but is in the far southeast corner of the city. The office is very busy so referral appointments are required. Very positive staff.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I don't even know where to start. I sent to him as a child, years later I came to him for help with him knowing I was a recovering. Meth addict. The only question he asked me was "when was the last time you used?" I told him "a month ago". He stared at me for a good 30 seconds, starting writing out a prescription, handed it to me and said "I'll see you in a month" the prescription was for a high dose of of adderall, which is almost identical to meth. He had ruined my mothers life, and who knows how many others just to make a quick buck. I don't believe he has a soul. He lies to patients about side effects, and when they confront him he will say "I never said that" HIS policy is that you must come in for an appt for a refill, i wonder why? $$$. Now he has HIS own pharmacy selling the drugs he is prescribing. How is this legal? His nurses are so uneducated... it's not good when you ask a question about two different medications and the nurse says well one is stronger than the other why would you want to go on the weaker one and when I informed him that there made up of completely different Active ingredients, and asked maybe it might have a different effect on the body he has no answer for me he scrolled through his little computer for a good five minutes and I'll he can tell me is one is absorbed into your body differently than the other I was 22 years old when I stumped one of his leading practitioners. dr. Duffy belongs in prison

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

1) The first question his staff asks is, "Will you use our pharmacy?" The medication that was recommended was not on my insurance formulary, so it would be very expensive. Staff still recommended I take the samples I was given, even though I was not going to be able/did not plan to continue on the medication after the trial period. 2) Lots of interns or grad assistants, so every visit is the same questionnaire (what meds are you taking? how are you functioning? how are you sleeping, eating, feeling: anxious/depressed/angry, etc.) with a different intake person. Didn't feel heard, cared for, or understood. 3) Know of several children taking LOTS of meds prescribed by Dr. Duffy. The common response from parents when we discuss treatment/care for their child with ADD/ADHD, depression/anxiety, or other mental health issues is, "No, there's no therapy, we just go there for meds."

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

This is a pill mill doctor of the midwest. You go to his office, tell him what controlled substances you want a prescription for and he write it out for you and dispenses it at his office so no outside pharmacy knows what he is doing. No conscience!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Dr. Walter J. Duffy's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med