Ratings for Dr. Agnes To

Extremely rude to her patients. She need to be hospitalized to get herself calm down. The patients she treated the more people be hurt. She should stop practicing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Unsympathetic and rude doesn't care at allπŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Very glad to see this psychiatrist is not working at RCH anymore but sorry to see she is still practicing. Her cold and abrupt demeanor was of no help to me at all. Her first comment to me was that she would not be treating me which surprised and confused me. When I was trying to answer her questions she told me to "hurry up, hurry up". I left her office feeling far worse than when I arrived and realized that I hadn't even been able to relate my greatest concerns at the time. I was told she would refer me on to an appropriate "clinic"--she never did. I had occasion to read the report she wrote to my doctor recently and it was full of inaccuracies. I could not believe she was a practicing psychiatrist. She displayed no empathy, no reassurance, or sympathy even. Just a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I had been a patient of Dr. To for 8 years. I feel the same as the other patients' comments on Dr. To's attitude. What I want to add on is her non-professionalism in prescription. She prescribed me Remeron to treat my anxiety, initially at 15mg. I did not have any improvement. She gradually increased the dosage to 45mg. I still did not have any improvement but started to feel the side effects, dizziness and nausea. As I told Dr. To that my anxiety did not improve, she increased dosage of Remeron to 60mg!!! (I was told that the recommended maximum dosage for this medication is 45mg.) When I took the prescription to the pharmacy, the pharmacist was so surprised of the high dosage that he had to call Dr. To to make sure that he did not get it wrong. I took 60mg Remeron anyway; there was no improvement on my anxiety but the side effect increased tremendously. I returned to Dr. To. She finally said, with cool indifference on her face as usual, β€œI cannot help you anymore!” At that point, I felt that I had enough ! I didn't want to see Dr To anymore. I sought for help from my family doctor instead. My family doctor said she could not refer me to another psychiatrist but she helped me to switched to another medication, Ran-Escitalopram. This medication worked! I gradually improved and finally recovered ! It is just a common sense that a patient needs to try another medication if the one taking does not work. Dr. To made me suffer for 8 years!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

She is one of meanest doctors you will find. I would try to avoid her if possible.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

The worst doctor I've ever encountered. Brutal towards patient and family members. Vancouver Coastal Health should fire her. She is unhelpful and downright cold. Dr. To needs a psychiatric assessment herself as she seems very anxious, aggressive, and unsettled.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

She is very unprofessional in so many ways. Her attitude towards client was cruel and treated client as a "criminal". What my feeling from her was zero compassion, cold-blooded etc. She sees her client as really "client". I was there for consultation and asking for help and support; however, I see myself more like an inmate. I decided to see no more psychiatrist in my life.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Hi, I am the one who entered the first comment. I still think she's a cold, bare-minimim psychiatrist. I understand people have deal with different things around the world, however, there is a very high standard here in Canada. I am not a psychologist, but I have a degree in Psychology, and work in the HR field. There are more and more cases of mental disorders because of high stress in the environtment we live in. The more populated a city becomes, the more cases you will have. I have seen SEVERAL psychiatrists over the past 15 years. She was the WORST. I know Psych Drs medicate bcuz that is their training. It is not the fact she will only medicate, but it is her approach. In western culture, you are expected to behave & talk with a bit of sensitivty in this field of work! I might as well talk to some Dr. online then if she will only give me 10 min & not help me wean off the meds SHE prescribed.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

During my first visit, she was very serious face, but she demonstrated good professionalism. I am not expecting doctors to smile to me and do not explain to me my medical condition. She answered my questions as I expected, direct and honest. She helped me to understand my situation and I asked her to talk to my family members so they can understand my sudden change of moods. Reading the comments below, makes me think that some people only wants to hear what pleases them and not learn the facts of the illness.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

My friend told me to visit this website yesterday. Dr. To has seen and helped three members of my family and a few of my friends in the last few years, at different times. We all find her very helpful and knowledgeable. I am so surprised at the negative comments above. Dr. To has always referred us to the psychotherapy program available in the community, I find the service in the psychotherapy program excellent. I come from another country. Compared to what we have back there, we are living in a heaven health care system.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010