Ratings for Dr. Alka S. Patel

This is a small office with few staff members. The staff have always been pleasant with my 4 children (ages 3-12). They've removed teeth, cleaned and offered good advice in getting early orthodontic treatment for my daughter. We're quite pleased. If you're looking for a pristine, spacious office with a large number of staff and quick in-and-out service, this might not be the place for you. However, if you don't mind a rather simple office and atmosphere where the staff remember you and take the time to dispel a child's fears, this might be worth a try.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

I had recently been in to see Dr Patel for a worsening toothache and inflammation for which she had prescribed me antibiotics. She had completely ignored the fact that i was in excruciating pain. I had requested pain medication from her but she told me to take over the counter meds which i had told her i had already taken. She refused to prescribe me anything stronger than a weak pain killer and to this day I am still in a ton of pain. Upon calling her back to tell her this, her secretary was rude and said i should find another doctor to take my tooth out faster (she referred me to an oral surgeon). She would refuse to even talk to me over the phone. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE ORAL PAIN (Tooth or gum) AS SHE WILL NOT PRESCRIBE YOU ANY PAIN MEDICATION. She treated me like my pain did not matter and talked down to me. How is she a dentist if she doesnt understand tooth pain? She is by far the WORST most INSENSITIVE doctor i have been to.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009