Ratings for Dr. Richard C. Geary

My face developed a red, splotchy appearance and was very painful to touch. Rosacea runs in my family and I suspected that was the culprit. Dr. Geary looked at my face for a few seconds and concluded that I had acne. I told him that even as a teenager I never had any acne worth noting and even if it was acne that wouldn't explain the burning pain I was feeling. He told me that the pain I was feeling was muscle tension and needed attention from someone other than a dermatologist. Muscle tension. In my face. I also brought up another issue was bothering me. I told him my fingernails were unreasonably thin and showed him how they bend nearly in half both forward and backward. He looked at my fingers under a magnifying glass and told me that my nails were a perfectly normal thickness and that I should wear gloves when doing anything with my hands: dishes, gardening, typing, etc. That was both my first and last appointment. Oh, and FYI, I got a second opinion. It's Rosacea. Imagine that.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Richard C. Geary's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wheeling, WV