Ratings for Dr. Kurt Eickmeier

I did not have a good experience with this dentist and ended up switching. My former dentist has since informed me that the problems with my teeth are related to the cavities Dr. Eickmeier filled. There are overhangs on the fillings he did which has made it extremely difficult for me to floss and will likely cause me further damage in the future. He was also very rude.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Terrible, worst dentist ever. Cleaned my teeth? only used the metal pick, no water, no polish, left my teeth stained. Left a huge chunk of filling material on the side of a broken tooth, told me there was nothing he could do about my toothache, 5 other teeth with holes, didn't want to fix I am guessing - no pride obviously. Said I had to see an orthodontist due to a jaw problem. The nurse is very nice and felt bad for the rudeness I'd endured from this uptight know it all, who doesn't give any consideration to patients needs, whatsoever. I have a spine injury which means I can't lie back in the chair, he put the chair all the way down anyway and didn't care how excruciating this actually was for me. Inconsiderate jerk Wouldn't recommend to anyone. worst experience I've ever had I like Julie, concerned for patients well being, maybe making up for the incompetence of the dentist.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I am very happy with Dr Eickmeier I was a patient of his fathers all my life until he retired and am glad his son has taken me as a patient. very good work and the price is good also

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I went to Dr Eickmeiers dad for many years in stratford until he retired. I was nervous after he retired to see a new dentist as he was the only dentist ive ever been to. I was delighted to learn his son Kurt Eickmeier was in Mitchell and was well worth the drive. He was very helpful and put me at ease right away. I am so pleased to have such a great dentist and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Worst dentist to go to. He makes me book several appointments for work that should be completed in 1 appointment. And doesn't even do the job right the first time. I had a cavity filled by him and after I always had pain trying to chew so I thought my bite was off so I went to him to finish his work and he assured me that everything was fine. So I went to Decks and it was way off! They solved the problem and I had no more pain! Also the assistant there always smelled like a dirty ashtray so she was quite revolting and the secretary doesn't even keep up to date so you never get informed that you are due for a checkup. He also never asks for your preferences, so you practically just open your mouth and he does whatever he wants and you get a massive bill for his terrible work.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I have been going to Dr Eickmeiers for 14 years and have never had s bad experience. Always explains procedures and his hygienists that work for him are very friendly and always accommodating

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I had my braces done by Dr. Eickmeier. I was not happy with the end result, as I am left with an overbite, few teeth are still not straight, and my top teeth are not centered! I told Dr. Eickmeier I was not happy with the outcome and he refused to do any more work on my teeth, saying that he could do damage if he moved things around any further. I went to Stratford for a second opinion and the specialist said that Dr. Eickmeier probably had two choices when he started out with my braces: have less of an over bite and more un-centered OR centered and more of an overbite. So I was angry at the fact that he never once ran this by me to see what mattered most to me. He doesn’t seem to communicate well with his patients, as he barely talks and isn’t overly welcoming. I now go to Deck Dentistry; Dr. Greg and Dr. Carolyn are friendly and welcoming, as well as their staff. They have been up-front and clear about what they are considering doing and get my feedback before proceeding.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Went in to correct issues with root canal he had done twice the side of the tooth then cracked. When second apt he was suppose to fix my cracked tooth he first went on to fill two small cavities and waited over two week to correct painful cracked tooth. Will find a new dentist unprofessional. Never once explained the size of the many cavities I was suppose to have or has never showed me an ex-ray. Receptionist was very pushy and rude.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

My daughter had a filling done here, lots of pain afterwards, took her back charged $100 to say it was sinus infection....it wasn't. Because the filling was done improperly, a root canal was tried by another dentist and it was too late. Tooth was removed from a teenager and this was the only cavity she has ever had. We left there right away and would never go back.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I was very nervous about my dental appointment - I had a tooth that hurt and was worried about having a root canal. Dr. Eickmeier reassured me that he would try to fix the tooth and only do a root canal if necessary. He placed a filling to soothe the nerve, and later I went back for the permanent filling. My tooth feels great! He was friendly, cordial and helpful. His staff were friendly and understanding of my fears. Great office!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010