Ratings for Dr. Joseph Yuh

I understand he has to see lot of patients and have busy schedule. However he seems he is always in hurry and feels like my session need to be end soon as possible. Most of time I have to rehearse myself about my health concern ahead of time because he will be out of room in 3 minute. Also he seems he get offended easy if I look up any known symptoms from internet, but only reason I will do my internet search because I feel like he is not taking any symptoms seriously and I'm overworrying about myself. Don't get me wrong he is great person, perhaps tired from seeing patients everyday for long periods of time

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

No eye contact when answering questions. Seems put out when you ask him anything. Very condescending. Do not recommend him for anyone. Find a doctor who shows more concern for his patients

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I don’t have anything bad for Dr Yuh. All thumbs up except for the waiting time, but it means he takes time with patients,which is a good thing. Receptionist are great and helpful though we missed Lucy and the secretary after her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Was lucky to get Dr Yuh as Family Dr. when mine suddenly retired. Have never had a problem with making eye contact, rushing appt. or staying at the door. Never short or disinterested. Always interested in reason for appointment, very knowledgeable and has no problem with referrals when required. Never have to ask or beg, he offers. Follow up on labs etc with a call for follow up is very reassuring - looks at the reports. Of course I don't waste appointment time, only go with real problem: not a social visit. Maybe you get the same treatment you give him. - politeness goes a long way

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Terrible doctor , I'm looking for a new family doctor .

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Yuh since I was around 12, and I am now 24. I recently had to switch doctors because he always seemed disinterested, especially in giving me certain visual and physical exams. I am a woman, so I thought maybe it was a gender issue. But I can't be sure. If I ever had a yeast infection or anything that worried me about my vag ina, I would have to BEG him to take a look, which I don't think one should have to do with their doctor. I definitely got the impression that he thought I was annoying whenever I came in with any issue that was se x-related. His usual nurse (the male one) rolled his eyes at me once when he saw I came in twice in 1 week. Dr. Yuh also misdiagnosed a skin rash once which was irritating because he was continually brushing it off and calling it dry skin, which it DEFINITELY was not. I ended up having a condition on my back and arms, diagnosed by the dermatologist that I had to plead for a referral for, that needed more than just lotion LOL. Go figure. Overall, he definitely went to med school, but he makes zero effort to build a rapport with his patients. And like I said, I had been seeing him since I was a pre-teen. I think that warrants genuine conversation and a caring attitude from him. I started going to Womens College and walk-in clinics a few years ago and would only go to him for referrals or doctors notes! I would avoid him if you're a woman or if you have serious health concerns...Basically if you need a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Dr Yuh has been my family doctor for 8 years. He was the only doctor that referred me to do the appropriate testing when I was experiencing severe stomach problems which lead to my diagnosis. I had gone to several doctors prior but they never referred me because they figured I was young and assumed there was nothing wrong with me. Dr Yuh is very knowledgeable and thorough in his explanations and examinations regarding your issue and he does not hesitate to refer you to specialists because he likes to make sure he coveres all possibilities and circumstances. I have noticed at times that he talks more then he listens but I find that he coveres all my concerns either way so I am ok with not saying all that I want initially. Also, I find that you can only bring up to 2 separate issues to him at a time because of time constraints. I can understand that he may have a colder, more detach stance towards his patients but when my concerns are thoroughly covered in detail every time and I don't leave the room with more questions I am satisfied. One negative aspect is that he doesn't have much patience for people who overreact when they have an issue or people who visit him for reacurrimg problems that he has already been very thorough with. I have had this experience because I also have severe health anxiety and have visited him several times for the same issue in the past when I couldn't manage my anxiety very well. He does become visibly annoyed but I think as long as you have reasonable concerns about your problem he is very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I have been seeing him from the moment he took over the patients from the old doctor, approximately 13 years ago. He was good at first and then started distancing himself from his patients. He stands at the door and doesn't come close, he doesn't get to know you or ask about work or family anymore. I do think that some appointments only need to be 2 mins long, because all I need is reassurance that my new sun spot is not cancerous. But I wish that he showed more care and quality service to his patients. But Surrey Medical Centre is amazing! I would never say a bad thing about there service and care.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Used to be nice up till 3-4 years back. Hardly try to have eye contacts with his patients. When a person tries to avoid eye contact either he is ignoring you, having attitude or lying. Seems like he has first two habits. He is more of a speaker than listener. People only go to the doctor when they have issues either physical or mental as doctor's office is not a picnic spot. A good doctor tries to understand what a patient is feeling and experiencing, physically and emotionally, and communicates that understanding to the patient. Dr Yuh lacks this big time. It looks like he is emotionless robo doctor. He has knowledge but that is useless if patients are not happy and satisfied. His nurse and receptionist are good. Lucy was excellent but no more works. Overall- He can become a better doctor if he starts listening to his patients and show them that he cares for them.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Notice how the rating is only high because of the Staff, not because of Dr Yuh. To all the people giving him 5/5 stars do you not think it's weird that multiple people are complaining about his attitude while you find him to be "perfect"? It seems very inconsistent. Not very nice and caring, only cares about himself.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017