Ratings for Dr. Arturo Garza

Good doctor , good staff except the cashiers , the doctor is not aware of this. I used cash in US dollars to pay and the cashier scammed me using the exchange rate for example $1 US dollar is around $18 Mexican pesos , for example my meds cost was $7400 Mexican pesos but my bill was7400 pesos/18=411US dollars , but those 2 dishonest ladies told me $740 US dollars so they did 7400 pesos/10 instead of 7400 pesos/18, second time they said my bill was $355 US dollars , I did pay with a debit card and the receipt showed 3550 Mexican pesos on my bank statement it came to $197 US dollars and that's when I found that they scammed me first time & was trying to scam second time also if I did pay with cash in US dollars. So if you pay with cash they take the difference, but when u pay with debit or credit they can't scam, because the machine is setup with correct market exchange rate so they can't scam because they won't be able to get the difference out from the transaction. My problem was that they didn't give no receipt for the $740 I paid so I can't report the issue to the doctor. Some ladies here said the doctor said their Frozen embryo transfer would be $500 , but when they went to pay they were told it was $750, I assume the cashier scammed their $250 if they paid with cash. I know lot of people are scared to use their credit card abroad which was my case, but there is no risk , even if your bank charges you a small fee for international use of card it's better than paying almost double to the scammer. If you want to pay with cash ask them to itemize in Mexican pesos and double check the price on the box of the meds because the price is there in Mexican pesos , so all you have to do is to divide the total in pesos by 18 or 18.5 to calculate the fees in US currency. I hope this will help someone out there. I hate dishonest people and the sad part is that they are doing this without the doctor's knowledge. The doctors said med price for is between $800 to $1000 US dollars , but with the cashier scam you will probably pay upward $2000 . BECARFUL ladies

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Im on my second transfer, my first ended in a negative. I am now on my second 3 blasto transfers and will test on 11/16/15 for hcg levels... im hoping all goes well Doc charged me 500 for frozen transfers and one of the ladies wanted to charge me an additional 60 for the consult which i did not pay cuz doc told me I would not pay over 500. All other ladies there were paying 500 as well becareful cuz they were making think he charged 800 and doc sometimes is confused about his prices.... he didnt seem confused to me at all ... i have 2 more 5 day blastos.... i hope i test positive this time .... im very stressed ... im a fertile person i had a btl and remarried both my husband and i have kids but we want to have our own .... we dont have any issues or complications related to infertility.... hoping this frozen transfer works for me ....

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Have twins named Giovanna and Gilberto jr biggest blessing thanks to doctor garza after my second try I got pregnant don't give up he is a good doctor and he will try his best to make your dream possible I waited 10 long years tried everything and nothing worked till I found doctor garza online.he really doesn't explain but I guess because he know what he's doing..

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

My first transfer was sucessful wanted another baby failed, tried again and will be having a boy . I have no more embryos 😀, don't give up ,the pain of injections and the whole process in nothing compare to having a healthy child.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Hi there, i was going thru ivf after here in USA didn't give me hope. I have had 3 surgeries which led to find I had endometriosis and a malformation of my uterus.(bicornate uterus) I had decided not to seek any more info about babies because of my last doctors advises about my % on becoming pregnant.😔 5% chance. But some how God send me this person that recommened doctor Garza and he gave me hope😃 I had tried ivf twice n nothing happened but willing to go for my last try. I have 3 more embryos left and of course am nervous, anxious, scared but am also happy and with all my hope in God and open to what he choose to give us. Whether is a good news or not. This time iwanna do it different; loose weight, check my health first, go more peaceful and let God do the rest!!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I am currently going through an FET with Dr. Garza. My first IVF was unsuccessful. I really enjoyed the experience the first time even though it was a failed cycle. The driver picked up my husband and I everyday for my first cycle and brought us back to our room. However, this time he has picked me up for my appointments but has been un able to drop me back off. The medical van has dropped me off at the bridge and I walk over where there are usually taxi cabs waiting. I am staying at Value Place and the cab ride is about 16$ I really hope he can take me back on the day of my transfer. Over all Dr Garza is a good Dr and seems to be a nice man. I will recommend him to anyone. Only one bad thing I can say is it seems like everyone is on the same protocol. If it doesn't seem to be working he just adjust the dosage of you meds from there. And as for the cost for an FET they will tell you $500 but at the end it ends up being more like $750. There was another lady at the office yesterday who was going through the same situation she was told $500 but when she went to pay she was told $750. I have to pay at my next appointment which is the transfer and I was told $750 also. Which I'm not complaining at all because that is still an awesome price. Total with meds I'm only spending $1000 , verses in the states just a few hrs away it's about 4X that.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. Garza is very respectful and aside from all the patients he has, the clinic is quiet and organized. The reviews are correct, do your research on invitro, they don't explain it very well, mainly the staff, not the doctor I felt lost at the beginning. I'm sharing this post because I know the feeling of hope. We DIDN'T get pregnant even if my body was producing follicles, & good embryos. People told us we were going against God's will, I don't agree, God gave us the opportunity to try. Dr. Garza was honest form the beginning, I was 38 yrs old at the time & that meant my chances were low. After insertion, my embryo's for some reason did not cling. We are both fertile, we both have children from our first marriage, I couldn't stay home from work because we needed the money to pay for the procedures, so I think the stress didn't help, Prbly a million reason's but at the end ,God knows best. We tried for 6 mnths, paid $10,000. Price varies, depends on how many rounds you go thru & how much help u need , my last round, I did not need the medications to produce follicles because 2 of our embryo's were frozen from the 5th round. Matamoros was horrible, war was going on, but the clinic is located very close to the bridge & safe. Some ppl speak bad about him, they say he gave them false hope & fed them the same lines about keeping the faith, I think they're hurt & disappointed that they did not conceive. That's understandable. My disappointment was having to go for the pregnancy test, then a week later having to cope with the bad news. The younger the better. BUT, at the end I think it's up to God. Do the research Follow the recommendations PRAY FOR A MIRACLE. A friend went & had a boy. What a blessing. Sometimes I feel I was being selfish because I did ask the doctor if we had an option of choosing the gender but he told me he did not offer that service because he felt that was going to far, that only God could decide. But after reading some reviews, I guess he does have that option now. maybe a lot of people were requesting that service &he does need to have patients to stay a float. Now I think that if u really want children just be grateful if you conceive. The clinic and staff are very clean, the doctor is very kind (Dr. Garza) I wasn't to found of the lady doctor, I felt she was always rushing me. I did talk to Dr. Garza about it and he agreed, but he does need the help there. Try to make your appts with him. Be patient. The clinic is safe and peaceful. I felt peace for some reason, I just did. DO NOT BE GRUDGEMENTAL if that's even a word. He does tell you, this procedure is not guaranteed. There are a lot of factors considered. The area is close to the bridge and we didn't encounter any problem's and please note that many times I went by myself because my husband was working , we were driving over there while Matamoros was going through a war zone, it's calmed down now. After 6 rounds, we did not conceive, we spent about $10,000. We could not continue, could not afford it. If we could we would've. I thought about saving money and trying again since I had more knowledge on the procedure and my body was actually producing the follicles I could've borrowed, sold a car or whatever but God knows best. About a year later I went through major problems at work, I had to hire a lawyer, then a couple of months later, my granddaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia, only God knows what the future holds, trust him. If I had conceived, I probably would've lost it with all the worrying. We've decided to wait for the grand kids.I'm not sure if this is a complaint, I can't come to terms with the way the final round was handled, I really thought I had conceived, but I went against the doctor's recommendations and took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative, few days later, took another one and it was negative, so that was the end. I cried, we were heartbroken and I did not go to the last appt for the blood work results, what for, I did not want to hear it again. But what surprised me was that the clinic did not call me to follow up. I never heard from them again. Maybe they just knew I needed my space. They can't predict how people will react to the disappointing news. I heard stories from other patients of how people went crazy ,blaming the doctors. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT, AT LEAST THIS OPTION IS OUT THERE. I MUST MENTION THAT MY GYN, FORM BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS REFERRED ME TO DR. GARZA. Trust in God. Several other's did conceive even in their 40's. mainly because they did not lose faith an kept trying. Feel free to ask me questions if it helps via email bellyballon@gmail.com.Women in their late 30's, you can also consider paying someone to carry your embryo. I wish everyone the best, God be with you. The procedure is not painful, IDK why some complain, maybe some discomfort, but not painful. I'd actually like to call Dr. Garza to ask him to recommend a good plastic surgeon over there. I'm now concentrating on me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I went almost 2 years ago and even though crossing the border is very scary nothing ever happened to us. The 1st time I got inseminated with 2 eggs I got pregnant and now have one yeqr old triplets!! one of my eggs split in half. The Dr. Is amazing at choosing the best fertile eggs and using those . The staff is very helpful they don't know much English bUT they will communicate with you and the place is immaculate clean.. it's worth the drive to go there but just a tip spend the night in Brownsville crOSS over before your appt. Or like 630 7 am and go straight to be office after go immediately back to the border . Do not linger around there. Pray about it and God will direct your path on what decision to make.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Hello, Im terrible at writing reviews so I promised myself that when I got back from my treatment I would do this for everyone out there looking into Dr. Garza. First of all my experience was MUCH different than I thought it would be. I live in Colorado and I was scared to death crossing the border I thought I would for sure get raped or kidnapped or something but surprisingly I NEVER once felt unsafe....NEVER. The office is just passed the border in a quiet little neighborhood. I stayed in Brownsville at the staybridge ( best choice by the way) The driver David came to pick me up everyday which was awesome. He speaks no English so if your Spanish is as good as mine don't bother trying to communicate :) he would take me in to my appointments where you should never be in a hurry, bring a good book. Everything went good even though my fist attempt was unsuccessful I felt that the staff was nice even though no one really speaks English accept Dr Claudia and Dr. Garza They make you feel comfortable. The total cost is 2900.00 for the actual IVF and plan on spending in the upwards of 1500.00 in Medications even though they tell you 800-1000 thats just not realistic. I spoke with another lady that was having IVF done at the same time I was doing it and she spent the exact amount. If you go in with the understanding that culturally its VERY different than it is in the states you wont be disapointed. They're not very good at explaning things to you so you really need to be educated when you go into this whole IVF thing on your own. We wanted to do the sperm spinning method for a girl and the cost of that was 500.00 where in other parts of the country it can range in the upwards of 1500.00 Also be aware of the exchange rate of the day in Mexico it can either work in your favor or really against you, for example they told me one day that my meds were gonna cost me 500 american dollars so I used my Credit Card and when I looked at my statement it only came out to 400.00 us dollars. When I went to pay for the IVF they ran my card for 2900.00 or so I thought but the rate of the peso was much more valuable that day so my recommendation is if you dont want to play the game write them a check and you will know EXACTLY what you are spending. I go back in Feb for my FET and I feel very at ease with the whole thing so I really hopes this helps someone out there!! I really wish there was more info on him when I did this the first time it would have saved alot of heartburn :)

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Can you please provide an approximate of the IVF treatment would cost?

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. Arturo Garza's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Good doctor , good staff except the cashiers , the doctor is not aware of this. I used cash in US dollars to pay and the cashier scammed me using the exchange..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Im on my second transfer, my first ended in a negative. I am now on my second 3 blasto transfers and will test on 11/16/15 for hcg levels... im hoping all goes ..."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been trying to get in contact with Dr Garza for a long time. Everytime i call the office no one is avalible that speaks english and no email are returned..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Have twins named Giovanna and Gilberto jr biggest blessing thanks to doctor garza after my second try I got pregnant don't give up he is a good doctor and he wi..."

August 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My first transfer was sucessful wanted another baby failed, tried again and will be having a boy . I have no more embryos 😀, don't give up ,the pain of injectio..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Hi there, i was going thru ivf after here in USA didn't give me hope. I have had 3 surgeries which led to find I had endometriosis and a malformation of my uter..."

July 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I am currently going through an FET with Dr. Garza. My first IVF was unsuccessful. I really enjoyed the experience the first time even though it was a failed cy..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Garza is very respectful and aside from all the patients he has, the clinic is quiet and organized. The reviews are correct, do your research on invitro, th..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went almost 2 years ago and even though crossing the border is very scary nothing ever happened to us. The 1st time I got inseminated with 2 eggs I got pregna..."

March 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Hello, Im terrible at writing reviews so I promised myself that when I got back from my treatment I would do this for everyone out there looking into Dr. Garza...."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Can you please provide an approximate of the IVF treatment would cost?"

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was a pleasure meeting with Dr Garza. He is very knowledgable & receptive. Furthermoe what strikes me most is that though he is of the scientific community ..."

December 3, 2014