Ratings for Dr. Arturo Garza

I just have a question ? I ended up tying and burning my tubes and I wanto get pregnant , I never had a problem getting pregnant before ,what would be the most effective way to get get pregnant. I have been wanting to go see this doc?

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Successful IVF, blessed with a healthy BOY! After 4 miscarriages in the USA and subjecting myself to many exams only to be told that mechanically there was nothing wrong and it was just bad luck. Really? I just couldn't accept that. I of course visited different GYN's to get a different opinion. I always miscarried before the third month of pregnancy. :( It was such an emotional rollercoaster. Then years passed and in one of my family visits to Texas and having my GYN check ups in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico, I broke down and mentioned it to that GYN. Who was honest to tell me that he wouldn't waste my time or money in the fertility side of my problem. He referred me to DR GARZA, who he mentioned was his friend and had studied together. His words exactly were, "...you have already spent so much money, it wouldn't hurt to spend about $100.00 (US DOLLARS) more to see him..." I quickly agreed and DR Garza saw me the same day for a consultation. He reviewed my medical records that I had hand carried and advised of repeating an exam, a hysteroscopy, because he wanted to see for himself the interpreted results. After that he informed me there was nothing wrong with my uterus, no scar tissue, etc. The next was a blood exam, but my husband was not with me, he had a suspicion but wanted to make sure first. He quickly gave me some forms and instructed to have the blood drawn in Georgia and have it shipped to a university in Chicago, IL. There were only 2 places in 2008 that completed that specific exam. This exam, forgot the name of it, would check my husbands blood work and mine separately, then combined together. What do you know!? My immune system would reject my husband's white blood cells, hence attack the pregnancy once my body recognized there was something there that didn't belong...in plain language for me to understand of course. The diagnosis, LAD, (please refer to DR Garza for this as the abbreviation may be incorrect). The treatment was simple, for 3 consecutive months, my husbands blood was drawn, vaccine created with his white blood cells and injected in both of my forearms. It stung a bit, redness occurred and some swelling. Nothing I couldn't handle after going through so many losses. This was my last attempt to motherhood. I had plan B. If becoming a Mother was not in God's plan for me...I had a job lined up with a contracting company in Kuwait. All I was waiting on was to see if this very last thing would work. The treatment for me was harsh...as I had to suspend it right before the transfer of the embryo due to overreaction of the drug treatment and had held liquids inside of my body that was very painful and uncomfortable. I got admitted to a private clinic. Then fear settled in of what could have happened to me...the worst was not over...I swelled all over and you couldn't distinguish my knees from my legs...looked like elephant legs! About4 months later I returned and finished my treatment. This time...all wet smoothly. Was confirmed I was pregnant and with a boy! I stayed in Texas until I was about 4 1/2 months pregnant. DR Garza and his staff were all wonderful. I am bilingual so I didn't encounter the language barriers or monetary interpretation some have. FYI, the exchange rate at a money exchange house is different than the rate accepted at many if not all places of business. My experience was true to the dollar quote from the beginning. Our son is now 7 years old and at birth weight 9 1/2 lbs, brought into the world 2 weeks ahead of due date due to a concern of his weight. Ladies, don't give up hope...I had our son at the age of 39. My only child. Try everything in your power to make it happen. If after it all it doesn't work...Pray to God to give you the strength to accept it and move on. Adoption was also an option for us. Be blessed and thank You DR GARZA and his staff. His clinic is fully staffed and very sanitary and clean! Most of his patients are from the USA. FYI, DR Garza put up with a lot from me once I returned to GA. I was so fearful to lose my pregnancy/baby that I questioned each and everything my high risk GYN/Endocrinologist doctors wanted to perform.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

Good doctor , good staff except the cashiers , the doctor is not aware of this. I used cash in US dollars to pay and the cashier scammed me using the exchange rate for example $1 US dollar is around $18 Mexican pesos , for example my meds cost was $7400 Mexican pesos but my bill was7400 pesos/18=411US dollars , but those 2 dishonest ladies told me $740 US dollars so they did 7400 pesos/10 instead of 7400 pesos/18, second time they said my bill was $355 US dollars , I did pay with a debit card and the receipt showed 3550 Mexican pesos on my bank statement it came to $197 US dollars and that's when I found that they scammed me first time & was trying to scam second time also if I did pay with cash in US dollars. So if you pay with cash they take the difference, but when u pay with debit or credit they can't scam, because the machine is setup with correct market exchange rate so they can't scam because they won't be able to get the difference out from the transaction. My problem was that they didn't give no receipt for the $740 I paid so I can't report the issue to the doctor. Some ladies here said the doctor said their Frozen embryo transfer would be $500 , but when they went to pay they were told it was $750, I assume the cashier scammed their $250 if they paid with cash. I know lot of people are scared to use their credit card abroad which was my case, but there is no risk , even if your bank charges you a small fee for international use of card it's better than paying almost double to the scammer. If you want to pay with cash ask them to itemize in Mexican pesos and double check the price on the box of the meds because the price is there in Mexican pesos , so all you have to do is to divide the total in pesos by 18 or 18.5 to calculate the fees in US currency. I hope this will help someone out there. I hate dishonest people and the sad part is that they are doing this without the doctor's knowledge. The doctors said med price for is between $800 to $1000 US dollars , but with the cashier scam you will probably pay upward $2000 . BECARFUL ladies

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Im on my second transfer, my first ended in a negative. I am now on my second 3 blasto transfers and will test on 11/16/15 for hcg levels... im hoping all goes well Doc charged me 500 for frozen transfers and one of the ladies wanted to charge me an additional 60 for the consult which i did not pay cuz doc told me I would not pay over 500. All other ladies there were paying 500 as well becareful cuz they were making think he charged 800 and doc sometimes is confused about his prices.... he didnt seem confused to me at all ... i have 2 more 5 day blastos.... i hope i test positive this time .... im very stressed ... im a fertile person i had a btl and remarried both my husband and i have kids but we want to have our own .... we dont have any issues or complications related to infertility.... hoping this frozen transfer works for me ....

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Have twins named Giovanna and Gilberto jr biggest blessing thanks to doctor garza after my second try I got pregnant don't give up he is a good doctor and he will try his best to make your dream possible I waited 10 long years tried everything and nothing worked till I found doctor garza online.he really doesn't explain but I guess because he know what he's doing..

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

My first transfer was sucessful wanted another baby failed, tried again and will be having a boy . I have no more embryos 😀, don't give up ,the pain of injections and the whole process in nothing compare to having a healthy child.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Hi there, i was going thru ivf after here in USA didn't give me hope. I have had 3 surgeries which led to find I had endometriosis and a malformation of my uterus.(bicornate uterus) I had decided not to seek any more info about babies because of my last doctors advises about my % on becoming pregnant.😔 5% chance. But some how God send me this person that recommened doctor Garza and he gave me hope😃 I had tried ivf twice n nothing happened but willing to go for my last try. I have 3 more embryos left and of course am nervous, anxious, scared but am also happy and with all my hope in God and open to what he choose to give us. Whether is a good news or not. This time iwanna do it different; loose weight, check my health first, go more peaceful and let God do the rest!!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I am currently going through an FET with Dr. Garza. My first IVF was unsuccessful. I really enjoyed the experience the first time even though it was a failed cycle. The driver picked up my husband and I everyday for my first cycle and brought us back to our room. However, this time he has picked me up for my appointments but has been un able to drop me back off. The medical van has dropped me off at the bridge and I walk over where there are usually taxi cabs waiting. I am staying at Value Place and the cab ride is about 16$ I really hope he can take me back on the day of my transfer. Over all Dr Garza is a good Dr and seems to be a nice man. I will recommend him to anyone. Only one bad thing I can say is it seems like everyone is on the same protocol. If it doesn't seem to be working he just adjust the dosage of you meds from there. And as for the cost for an FET they will tell you $500 but at the end it ends up being more like $750. There was another lady at the office yesterday who was going through the same situation she was told $500 but when she went to pay she was told $750. I have to pay at my next appointment which is the transfer and I was told $750 also. Which I'm not complaining at all because that is still an awesome price. Total with meds I'm only spending $1000 , verses in the states just a few hrs away it's about 4X that.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. Garza is very respectful and aside from all the patients he has, the clinic is quiet and organized. The reviews are correct, do your research on invitro, they don't explain it very well, mainly the staff, not the doctor I felt lost at the beginning. I'm sharing this post because I know the feeling of hope. We DIDN'T get pregnant even if my body was producing follicles, & good embryos. People told us we were going against God's will, I don't agree, God gave us the opportunity to try. Dr. Garza was honest form the beginning, I was 38 yrs old at the time & that meant my chances were low. After insertion, my embryo's for some reason did not cling. We are both fertile, we both have children from our first marriage, I couldn't stay home from work because we needed the money to pay for the procedures, so I think the stress didn't help, Prbly a million reason's but at the end ,God knows best. We tried for 6 mnths, paid $10,000. Price varies, depends on how many rounds you go thru & how much help u need , my last round, I did not need the medications to produce follicles because 2 of our embryo's were frozen from the 5th round. Matamoros was horrible, war was going on, but the clinic is located very close to the bridge & safe. Some ppl speak bad about him, they say he gave them false hope & fed them the same lines about keeping the faith, I think they're hurt & disappointed that they did not conceive. That's understandable. My disappointment was having to go for the pregnancy test, then a week later having to cope with the bad news. The younger the better. BUT, at the end I think it's up to God. Do the research Follow the recommendations PRAY FOR A MIRACLE. A friend went & had a boy. What a blessing. Sometimes I feel I was being selfish because I did ask the doctor if we had an option of choosing the gender but he told me he did not offer that service because he felt that was going to far, that only God could decide. But after reading some reviews, I guess he does have that option now. maybe a lot of people were requesting that service &he does need to have patients to stay a float. Now I think that if u really want children just be grateful if you conceive. The clinic and staff are very clean, the doctor is very kind (Dr. Garza) I wasn't to found of the lady doctor, I felt she was always rushing me. I did talk to Dr. Garza about it and he agreed, but he does need the help there. Try to make your appts with him. Be patient. The clinic is safe and peaceful. I felt peace for some reason, I just did. DO NOT BE GRUDGEMENTAL if that's even a word. He does tell you, this procedure is not guaranteed. There are a lot of factors considered. The area is close to the bridge and we didn't encounter any problem's and please note that many times I went by myself because my husband was working , we were driving over there while Matamoros was going through a war zone, it's calmed down now. After 6 rounds, we did not conceive, we spent about $10,000. We could not continue, could not afford it. If we could we would've. I thought about saving money and trying again since I had more knowledge on the procedure and my body was actually producing the follicles I could've borrowed, sold a car or whatever but God knows best. About a year later I went through major problems at work, I had to hire a lawyer, then a couple of months later, my granddaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia, only God knows what the future holds, trust him. If I had conceived, I probably would've lost it with all the worrying. We've decided to wait for the grand kids.I'm not sure if this is a complaint, I can't come to terms with the way the final round was handled, I really thought I had conceived, but I went against the doctor's recommendations and took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative, few days later, took another one and it was negative, so that was the end. I cried, we were heartbroken and I did not go to the last appt for the blood work results, what for, I did not want to hear it again. But what surprised me was that the clinic did not call me to follow up. I never heard from them again. Maybe they just knew I needed my space. They can't predict how people will react to the disappointing news. I heard stories from other patients of how people went crazy ,blaming the doctors. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT, AT LEAST THIS OPTION IS OUT THERE. I MUST MENTION THAT MY GYN, FORM BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS REFERRED ME TO DR. GARZA. Trust in God. Several other's did conceive even in their 40's. mainly because they did not lose faith an kept trying. Feel free to ask me questions if it helps via email bellyballon@gmail.com.Women in their late 30's, you can also consider paying someone to carry your embryo. I wish everyone the best, God be with you. The procedure is not painful, IDK why some complain, maybe some discomfort, but not painful. I'd actually like to call Dr. Garza to ask him to recommend a good plastic surgeon over there. I'm now concentrating on me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I went almost 2 years ago and even though crossing the border is very scary nothing ever happened to us. The 1st time I got inseminated with 2 eggs I got pregnant and now have one yeqr old triplets!! one of my eggs split in half. The Dr. Is amazing at choosing the best fertile eggs and using those . The staff is very helpful they don't know much English bUT they will communicate with you and the place is immaculate clean.. it's worth the drive to go there but just a tip spend the night in Brownsville crOSS over before your appt. Or like 630 7 am and go straight to be office after go immediately back to the border . Do not linger around there. Pray about it and God will direct your path on what decision to make.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015