Ratings for Dr. Lisa Ballanger

Dr Ballinger has been our family doctor since we moved to Toronto over a year ago. She is very knowledgeable and professional. Some below have commented on her manner, and I agree with the writer who noted that they would rather have a smart doctor than a charming doctor. Well said. If you want someone to hold your hand then no, she is probably not the doctor for you, but she is very intelligent and I feel I can trust her with my family's health.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Saw her at Toronto general hospital ER. She needs a lesson in bedside manners. She is cold and rude. She seems to care less about the issue. Hope I never have the pleasure of dealing with her again.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Ballinger for over 10 years; she is an extremely knowledgeable physician (ER MD at TEGH) that is quick to refer to the appropriate Specialist when necessary. She always takes the allotted time (and more) to resolve any health issues that I bring forward. She is progressive (has implemented eRecords) and pro-active.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Worst Doctor I have ever had the unfortunate circumstance of meeting. I am astonished at how she managed to obtain a licence to practice medicine. I almost died because of her! Horrible, wretched woman! It was a goddamn nightmare! She wouldn't know medicine if Hippocrates himself handed it to her!Horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I have been seeing Dr.Ballinger for 2 years.In my opinion i do not suggest this doctor office. I was asked by a secretary the reason i was there for in front of other patients in the waiting room. The wait is average. I was told by Dr. Ballinger that i'm dirty. Called my mother "money banks" and did not think a psychial examine was nessesary more than 3 occasions. I am now seeking a new doctor & continue to have health problems. Thanks for your time.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

I have been seeing Dr.Ballanger since 1993 or longer. In this time she has been very rude to me. I saw her for an ear infection and she started to lecture me for getting it in the first place. I have autism and find that she has no compassion whatsoever as to understanding how I might be feeling about the situation. Dr.Ballanger is someone who likes to take sides and it is never mine. I am sure she doesn't care about me at all. My guardians have told me for years that I would find no one better but now that I am living with my Dad I found someone who is a million times better. My new doctor is very nice and treats me with respect. If you are seeing Dr.Ballanger and don't want to see her anymore there are better choices out there. I hope this helps a lot of people.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I have met few family physicians and I must Confess, Dr. Ballanger is NICEST of all the physicians I have seen in Canada. Her knowledge, her foresight, her Genuine Interest in patient's welfare is unparallel. She is very Kind, yet firm but an Exceptional Physician. She is very punctual, her staff, Ann is very nice and will always accommodate on the same day or next business day. I am Very Blessed that I met Dr. Ballanger and she accepted me as a patient. She spends enough time with me for my concerns, she explains all her views to me answers all my questions, treats me with respect, and she sees what could be the trouble in 5 years down the road. Dr. Ballanger is Highly skilled, professional, knowledgeable, has best interest in her patient, very respectful and very Beautiful person...

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

i have only been seeing her for about a year but her attitude is always overwhelmingly rude. She continuously questions my judgement because of my marijuana use (minimal) and actually refused at a point (but later took it back) to help me any further. She gave me no warning and reduced me to tears when she cut me off a pain-killer cold turkey, sending me to the hospital multiple times for withdrawal that she refused to help with or apologize for. She made her up her mind long ago that I was a drug addict and, in my opinion, goes out of her way to be unhelpful every single time I beg for it. I find her bitter and in spite of my constant honesty and effort, I cannot convince her I need her help more than her harshness.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I appreciate the punctuality of Dr. Ballinger. I had a previous doctor who was ALWAYS behind schedule, leaving patients waiting up to two hours for their scheduled appointments. This is the main reasons I switched doctors. My only concern with Dr. Ballinger is she is always rushed. I don't feel she is very thorough. I've had my annual physical with her for about 6 years now, and never once did she send me for blood work, except the one time that I insisted. I've asked on other occasions and she says I don't need it. My concern is that heart disease is very prevalent in my family and I would like to know my cholesterol levels etc now while I'm healthy so that early detection is possible should I ever have a problem. In any case, blood work is a part of the yearly physical so why is she in too much of a rush to give me this service that I should be receiving? I often do to walk-ins because it takes too long to get an appointment. By the way, I'm a 25 year old female.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

Dr. Ballinger can sometimes be abrupt, but do you want a charming doctor or a smart doctor? Me, I'll take smart anytime. She is on top of my health concerns and she really manages my health. She is never reluctant to send me to a specialist. She is the fourth doctor I've had in Toronto (I've lived here my whole life) and she is definitely the best. I literally trust her with my life. I'd highly recommend her to anyone who values medical advice and care over bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010