Ratings for Dr. Ruth Dowe

Worst staff and Dr i have ever witnessed ...good riddence too bad she isn't taking the old receptionist along with the ignorant blonde. We need family drs who LISTEN and WRITE things down.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

VERY GOOD SHE IS LEAVING OUR TOWN AS SHE WAS INCOMPETENT AND SHE DOES NOT AT ALL THE WORD EMPATHY

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I love her. She even asked me about my allergies (which I had said nothing about) and prescribed me something when I was in for a completely unrelated issue. Im upset she is leaving our town :(

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

doctor dowe is one of the best doctors we have had.She has been quick to diagnose my condition and follow through with good results .Whish we could keep her in chatham

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Dowe needs to either be a family Dr or a anesthesiologist. She is failing big time as a family Dr. You wait 6 wks for an appt. and then it is cancelled and you have to wait at least 2 wks more. She forgets to follow through on ordering tests and the rude ignorant office staff gets ticked off when you complain about this.She acts like she is listening to you but nothing ever gets resolved. She never writes anything down. I would not recommend Dr. Dowe to anyone!!! There are only 2 left in our family of 7 that continue to go to her and when they can find another Dr. to go to they will be gone too.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Best Doctor ever- very intelligent and cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Was not pleased with dr.dowe at all...do not waste your time going to her

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Dowe for several years now; each time I've gone I've been faced with the incompetence of her and her staff. Her front staff is normally very rude and tends to be dismissive, waving you off like they're better than you, and are simply wasting their time with you. Dr. Dowe, I've also had many issues with, ranging from having appointments cancelled, to going into her office, and walking out moments later with none of my issues addressed. She doesn't write anything down,has "claimed" to have put in several referrals, all of which, haven't ever actually been sent through. She also fails to listen or understand where you're coming from, ignoring you when you're describing symptoms and claims to know what's going on. Fails to understand the meds don't work, and continues to push them. I've been forced to suffer and forfeit my schooling and such due to her lack of assistance or care.With my mental health issues, she's neglected them, and has left me still to suffer. 0/10.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Have never had to deal with such incompetence, the front two should be fired immediately, wait times intolerable only to listen to an arrogant Dr who writes nothing down and forgets and then if confronted she will threaten stoppage of prescriptions, and thats only when she is there, horrible overall, go work at the hospital.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I feel exactly the same,the staff is incompetent and the Dr. needs to understand that there needs to be respect and trust between patients and your family practitioner,she does not want any interaction when concerning your health as she knows all yet writes nothing down.Learn your rights as a patient and do not let her bully you,if she does contact the Ontario College of Pshyians and Surgeons to file a complaint.There is no excuse accepting poor healthcare, Dr. Dowe people are in need of a full time caring capable family Dr. not a part time Dr with implorable staff,shame on you.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013