Ratings for Dr. Lawrence M Wells

Our experience with Dr. Lawrence Wells was extremely infuriating and I advise you to find another doctor, unless you don't want to be treated like a human being. Despite poor reviews we had seen prior to our visit we decided to give Dr. Wells the benefit of the doubt. Boy, was that a mistake. Not only do you wait a long time in the lobby area, but you wait an even longer time in the exam room. When we finally met Dr. Lawrence Wells he was very dismissive. The first thing he asked when he entered the room was "who's first?" No proper introduction or anything. We asked him about my numerous moles (if they seem safe, and what could possibly be the cause) and he said there's no answer to a question like that just like there's no answer to what causes diabetes. Are you serious???!!! Of course there are factors that can lead to diabetes and we were thinking that with his 20+ years of experience he could offer a better explanation to why I have so many moles, or at least he could have offered an answer that was not as pompous and condescending. This was enough of a glimpse into his bedside manner, and instead of having my other family member be examined right after we decided to leave. Do yourself a favor and save yourself some time and your co-pay. There are better doctors out there. Trust me, we went to one right after!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Didn't bother examining my skin which is genetically hypersensitive. Doesn't listen to patient at all. Prescribed tretinoin without proper instruction ( speaking too fast, didn't advise me to wear sunscreen while on tretinoin, prescription unsuitable for hypersensitive skin which resulted in second degree burn and told me to keep using it which is negligent).

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Went for a hair loss issue. Extremely poor bedside manner. Starts yelling and refuse to answer any questions. If you have a sensitive problem, do not go!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I've had only good experiences with him. And I like his sense of humor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Nasty, refused to answer questions, ridiculed patient. I will never go back to him as he would not explain what he was doing, what he was diagnosing, what he was perscribing. He was cruel, but said it was a bad sense of humor. No, it was not a sense of humor but a grandiose sense of himself. Beware.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Professional and quick. Great staff. Wait time sometimes is long.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Wells is a good doctor if you don't have serious skin problems, like skin cancer, that demand lots of attention and hand holding. His bedside manner is not the best, but I've seen much worse. If you come in there with a straightforward skin problem, he'll take care of you and prescribe whatever you need. He's a real dermatologist, not a beautician with a medical degree. Finding a dermatologist in Queens is not easy, especially one that takes insurance; and Dr. Wells takes almost all insurances. Compared to the shoddy assembly line dermatology at Advanced Dermatology in Fresh Meadows, Dr. Wells is a big improvement. The wait time at Dr. Wells' office is about 30 - 45 minutes, compared to over two hours at Advanced Dermatology. If you live in the Eastern Queens area and are looking for a dermatologist, then your choices are limited and Dr. Wells is really your best option. He's nice enough and seems to treat my various skin issues in the proper manner.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr Wells has very poor bedside manner. When I asked him to explain in layman's terms the procedure he was using, he responded, " this is too hard for you to understand. Just let me do what I have to do. He infantilizes his patients. Not sure his medical knowledge is accurate based on info from specialists in related fields that I consulted. A good dr for 1970, not 2011. Egotistical par excellance!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

When I asked Dr. Lawrence M. Wells, the medical term of his DIAGNOSE he refused to give me the information. He also said that I came to his office for his diagnose and his knowledge and experience and that he did not want me to research his diagnose. I decided that since I can't research his knowledge, experience or diagnose that I did not want to return to his office.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr. Lawrence M Wells's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)