Ratings for Dr. Michael Bentley-Taylor

I would not be alive today if it was not for BT. I have a stroke with no effects whatsoever. I have been a patient of BT for over twenty years. The most caring and kind human being and doctor I have ever known.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

He sounds like a wonderful, caring doctor.When a doctor is'running late' the chances are he is dealing with an emergency, so please remember one thing.That emergency could be you. UK

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

While knowledgeable, I found him to be running 45 mins late, kinda rushed and feel he is going overboard a lil. Went in for a consult as my Fam Dr. referred me as I was having chest pains which were resolved after diagnosis of Acid reflux and meds for that. He still wants me to have an echo and full blown nuclear stress test. LDL was a smidge high(his words) but still well within the extremely healthy range but still wants me to undergo all this? My father had angina for the last 15 years of his life so I guess he feels that I should get checked. Don't know why but that stress test freaks me out as I have to be chemically induced to get heart rate going. Plus they booked me at two different hospitals for the different procedures so hoping I can make it to both in one day!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. BT for almost 30 years. He was patient, considerate, and knowledgeable. My experience was in e2001when I had a blockage to my main artery. His colleagues wanted to do open heart surgery, he suggested putting a stent. This saved my life without going through open heart surgery. I'm gonna miss him. Wishing him well in his retirement.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I have known Dr.Michael Bentley Taylor since 1984 and I am of the opinion that he is the best cardiologist in the world. His vast knowledge, his humanitarian care and approach are unequalled. On many occasions I have contacted him to see people that I knew had heart problems. His answer was always yes and sometimes he would see someone within two hours. He has saved the lives of every one that I have ever taken to him. He is in semi retirement but, continues to practice. My dearest friend and her husband,now near eighty years of age, continue to enjoy life to the fullest because of his personal efforts to maintain their health. I am a patient of the Bentley Taylor and a stroke victim. Because of his excellent care. I suffered no ill effects from this event. We all consider it a privilege to have this gentleman as our doctor. He is without an equal and is deeply admired by other cardiologists and surgeons that I personally know from other countries.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I waited so long in an examining room that I was afraid I would be locked in at the end of the day.When Dr.Bentley-Taylor finally came in he told me to strip to the waist,did not explain what he was doing,seemed rushed and distracted,increased my cholesterol lowering medication without knowing if the dose I was on was doing the job.I had follow-up with another cardiologist after he left our city and it was a totally positive experience.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I would say that Dr. Michael Bentley-Taylor was and is one of the most highly thought of cardiologists in the world. His knowledge, his care of patients, his bedside manner is unequalled. He has recently semi-retired and I wish him the very best.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Dr. Bentley- Taylor has, unfortunately, retired but he was an amazing doctor and an amazing person who cared for his patients and was concerned for their wellbeing. He would take the time to explain all procedures in detail and his knowledge of cardiac problems was outstanding. I hope that he will continue to consult with younger doctors as he would be a wonderful mentor to all entering the profession. I think the highest compliment a new doctor could get would be to say," You are so much like Dr. Bentley Taylor, a caring and concerned professional, with a great sense of humour and a thoughtful and informed bedside manner." I wish him well in retirement and hope that other doctors continue to aspire to the level of care that he always demonstrated.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

The BEST cardiologist in the entire WORLD. Knowledgeable, professional, OUTSTANDING!! Found my rare heart condition that NO OTHER doctor could detect! Save my life 3 times. The BEST bed-side manner of all doctors!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011