Ratings for Dr. Cheryl Aimee Philpott

If I could, I would rate this doctor far above the call of duty. She is professional, yet very understanding. I have been very fortunate to have a Doctor that is not quick to make rash decisions on diagnosis. She has always asked questions, referred me to specialist if required, and most of all showed empathy in some of the deepest times of my life. She has never given up and has helped me look at all options and suggested additional resources when necessary. Her advice will long be remembered as well as her wisdom. It's because of her guidance that I am in a better place today. Words cannot express my gratitude and thanks.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2019

It is my belief that Dr. Phillpot's amazing popularity in Red Deer is almost certainly due to her *very* convincing positive bedside-manner, and not necessarily for true empathy or actual skill as a General Physician. Both my Wife and I are patients at her clinic and have been since we came to Red Deer, and quite honestly every time one of us has to pay her a visit, we walk away with the feeling that she is more concerned with "alleviating our concerns" than she is with actually helping us to get better. This isn't to say that I believe Aimee (Cheryl) isn't a good person or a skilled physician, but rather that I get a keen sense that she, as many Doctors seem to do, is often prone to "humouring" us in regards to how viable she feels our concerns really are to her. And I am often left with the sense that I am being unfairly judged (though she hides it well), as though she sees herself as being a little bit superior (at least as far as the mental faculties are concerned) to those of us who find ourselves at the mercy of our medical system. She often brings out her tablet or directs you to the computer to search up some symptoms on the internet, but I don't fault her to it as I suspect she only does so with those patients she feels are themselves more comfortable with a computer as their at-home physician. I have also noticed that Dr. Phillpot seems somewhat loathe to give an actual diagnosis of anything, and has a tendency to bounce around between ideas and suggestions of what she feels may be going on. Now, I understand that there may be some sound reasoning with wanting to leave the diagnosis up to the specialists, but one would at the very least surmise that after years of visits, she would be capable and willing to put a solid finger on at least *something* a little less vague than "maybe this, maybe that". One can't help but wonder how many of these doctors avoid giving a firm diagnosis so they can keep the 'revolving door' in motion, collecting their bit of change each time you take a trip around (disclaimer: this is only descriptive of how I feel, and not an accusation towards this Doctor of manipulating her patient's good-health to make more money.). I did once overhear her talking to herself after a phone call and calling another patient an idiot for not making her appointment on time, but that was a one-off moment a long time ago and I suppose these things do happen. Even our medical professionals are, after all, only human. All that being said, this is only my own personal opinions regarding my own experience, and not meant to dissuade anybody from going to see Dr. Phillpot. As the ratings have shown, the majority of the people who have been rating her here, and elsewhere (she has two profiles here on ratemds.com, and there are others on various sites) seem to be happy with their treatment. So perhaps this is just one of those examples where some form of bias has come between what should be an unbiased assessment. And perhaps some of it is just me, as I do occasionally feel like she secretly dislikes me and thinks of me as an uneducated idiot as well.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

I have had her as my Dr. For 20 years and going to see her is like going to visit a good friend as she really gets to know her patients and remembers details in your life that isn't medically related. As long as she is a doctor here I will be her patient. She truly cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

Dr .Philpott was our family doctor for many years. She is such an awesome person and an amazing Doctor. Our family was with her for 13 years , we moved back home to Newfoundland and still miss her everyday. Have not found a comparable doctor to her. She was my doctor when we had our second child and when I was facing cancer. She was my rock and thank God for her.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

She was my daughters doctor after she was born at the Red Deer Hospital. She is amazing. Very friendly and caring. She takes the time to explain things thoroughly and make sure all your questions are answered. She doesnt make you feel rushed at all.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Professional, very thorough, goes the extra mile for her patients doesn't just push people though. She takes the time to know her patients and also makes sure she asks how they are and how things are going. have had her since 2005 and will NEVER switch doctors for myself and my two kids.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

The best doctor in red deer She has been my doctor for along time and I wouldn't go.to another

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr.Philpott is amazing. She shows genuine care for he patients. I have been a patient of hers for more than half my life. Although I do feel like she has too many patients and it can be very frustrating when she isn't available for an appointment for over a month and when said appointment date arrives you sometimes wait up to half hour past the booked time. Hard for those of us who book around our own work schedules. But hands down she is an amazing person and doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Absolutely the most amazing doctor in red deer! Hand down! And an amazing role model for children. She's straight forward but intensely caring and attentive to detail. I hope this review gets back to her, although I tell her every time I see her. :) outstanding! There's got to be an award for that!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr Philpott is the most caring , understanding , patient , kind and thorough Doctor that anyone could wish for, and i truly appreciate her being responsible for my wellbeing and care. I feel completely secure and safe with her and will be forever grateful for her being there for me ,every single appointment going above and beyond any other doctor i have ever seen . ( and i work in health care ) Thankyou Dr Philpott you are one of Red Deers finest .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017