Ratings for Dr. Nand K. Goel

Saw this doc while he was on call for Calgary. I had a eye emergency and the staff were able to accomodate me. Even though it was a long wait, Dr Goel spent as much time with me as I needed and answered all my questions. Truthfully, I was quite anxious due to the lack of care from the emerg docs but Dr Goel showed much compassion and care. The receptionists were very friendly and efficient, getting my referral processed and followed up with me only a couple days later. Very fortunate to have ran into Dr Goel as a doctor. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

One of the best doctors I've seen - patient, knowledgeable and empathetic. When you are in his office, he listens and gives you his time. Yes, its a busy office, but what do you expect for a specialist? He is busy for a reason. Appointments are booked 6 months in advance and I've seen the girls at the front work their butts off. Phone calls, scheduling, and dealing with weird patients. I've overheard and witnessed last minute cancellations and patients with unreasonable requests. The girls do the best they can in a high demand, high stress environment. They are always friendly and productive with me. Sinply put, show up to your appointment and everything will be fine! Will definitely recommend :)

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr Nand Goel receptionist is so rude, I called in for appointment and she put me on hold for 45 minutes and she hang up the phone, called her back and she told me to call next day and it was 2:50 pm when I called her and she told me can't take the call because office is closed

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

one of the busiest doctors out there but he spends as much time as you need once it gets to your turn!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Goel is a very good eye doctor but his receptionist (Chinese sounding) is not so. As if she's telling - oh yah I have the power to put you on schedule or not. Not even one sign of empathy like I'm sorry when I told her to reschedule due to work ( needed to work as scheduled, difficult to find jobs in Alberta now; rescheduled because in my work it changes from month to month). I'm writing this because I will not be able to feedback this to Dr. Goel or his clinic manager (if he has one). Dr. Goel , you also owe your success to your patients and if you look at most of the comments its very consistent that you receptionists has a problem. Are they paid well? I'm just wondering. I hope the clinic receptionist service will improve.

Submitted November 23, 2016

This is THE worst experience I have ever had with a doctor's office. The receptionists are so rude, condescending and ignorant that I chose to see another doctor after waiting 6 months already. I missed my appointment because I was in emergency at Foothills hospital and I phoned in that same morning and attempted to reschedule. I offered to pay the $25 missed appointment fee but instead the first receptionist instead was rude and actually raised her voice to me and so I asked to speak to a supervisor. I got more bad attitude then from the staff that has been there the longest...Janna...actually hung up on me when I asked to talk to a supervisor about the disrespectful conduct of the other receptionist on the phone. When I realized that there was no office manager I told Janna that I would wait and speak to the doctor about my concerns in November (another 3 month wait) She got upset, hung up on me and then called me back and told me that my doctor needed to submit another referral for me as they would not allow me to have another appointment without another referral. I asked her why she had just hung up on me...and her response was...yeah...that's how we do things around here. Seriously...total lack of Professional conduct! I asked my doc to refer me to another specialist with staff that treats people like human beings. Goel may have been a good doctor but he certainly has poor judgement on who he hires to work the front desk.

Submitted August 18, 2016

very good! very fantastic very handsome! sexy too!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I really disagree with previous (and only) negative review of this doctor. He is very empathic towards patients and works hard to help them. If all specialists were as intelligent and as kind as him, we would all be very lucky!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Would not recommend. more interested in making money than spending adequate time examining patient. I have switched and found my new doctor provides better care and diagnosed problems this doctor missed.

Submitted December 26, 2015

Very Nice Doctor . would recommend him with no problems. He did a great job on my eyes. Had no pain and I can see better than he said I would.. GREAT JOB dr Goel

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015