Ratings for Dr. Wallace Pon

Dr. Pon's receptionist is the worst the one that has been with him for ages not young and she is from the Buckhorn area. Some redneck woman with a huge attitude problem I can say that much. I had to call back about my crown that this dentist along with a root canal. I went back to my old dentist during that time because of his crazy receptionist who was out of it. I am sure she is a coke head by her behavior she is nuts believe me. 10 yrs went by and I end up having a infection in that tooth. The one dentist at the office took an xray only to find a file that was left in my root. I was sick and in pain. A specialist from Vancouver who comes to town had to remove this file. Dr. Pon paid for this to be done as he admitted it was his fault. I would not recommend this dentist and I would suggest when searching for any professional check their background history before hiring them to look after your health.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

26yo female: Amazing staff and dentist. He's my dentist and orthodontist. Exceptional care and always available when I need to be seen last minute for my braces. A gem!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I think Dr Pon and his team are awesome. In the last two years I have had him do a root canal and have had a tooth extracted. Both procedures were painless. He has a dry sense of humour that uptight people might take personally, but I think he is great. At this point I wouldn't go anywhere else. Beautiful new office and his main dental assistant (cant remember her name) is super friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

One of the receptionists has a sharp manner and acts annoyed that you are there. Not helpful when you ask questions. Once treated her new employee in an extremely demeaning manner (in view/hearing of patients in the waiting area). Dr. Pon is okay, but not very personable and doesn't offer information unless asked. He really lays on the guilt to the patient, regardless of age (eg. my 11 yr old child) during checkups. Also recommended a questionable procedure that I double checked with our regular dentist - they strongly discouraged it and recommended a better course of action. My child always dreaded going because of the lack of gentleness by one of the dental assistants while working on teeth/braces. Overall communication in this practice is very lacking. He was recommended to us because of the reasonable cost, but I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I thought I was saving money by going to Dr.Pon. Instead I had to have my daughters braces put back on by another dentist because her teeth moved in one year.Not only did we waste money his receptionist is rude and acts like you owe her money. I would never recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Had enough of his office. I think he is ready to retire! Very pushy about getting braces to the point that he was saying strange things in front of my child. Other highly recommended office said child not ready for braces for another 1.5 years. When in for regular appointments, he has not been very nice to my children when they have been nervous about getting needle. Office staff has been extremely rude in past to other staff and patients, I observed while waiting for my children. There are A LOT better choices in dentist's. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

I am very dissapointed in Dr Pon's ofice! The ladys at the front desk are rude and i believe them to opperate in a shady manner!!! Very pushy to pull teeth and get braces!!! Not impressed with this office and there lack of dignity.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Pon is friendly, skilled, and I have yet to be made to wait. His assistants are great, and the ladies at the front desk are helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

Submitted July 25, 2012

I have always had great experiences in Dr. Pon's office. The staff are all friendly and caring. I was especially impressed with how great they are with children! My son actually enjoyed his first experience so much! So important to make a good first impression with children and they nailed it!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

So far, I've been mostly happy with Dr. Pon. He's kind and personable. I went to him for braces to avoid the gliz & glamour of Elliot and Lo (big screen tv's, fake smiles, and pushy sales tactics). I'm a little worried because one of my teeth is now loose and Dr. Pon appears to be a little mystified by it. The braces that were installed are very sharp in places, which is strange to me. Why wouldn't the dentist want all the edges to be super smooth? As per the reception, I've found them a little hot and cold. One has been very warm and nice to me and other remains cold, although more chatty and receptive last time I was there. I can totally see why others are making comments about her. I'll keep you posted with my braces process.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010