Ratings for Dr. Richard Liem

I have heard from several patients that the treatment that this doctor gives to patients, is a complete waste of time and most importantly money. One women advised me that this doctor had taken thousands of dollars from her, for treatment that never helped her. CBC Marketplace has also investigated the treatment given by this doctor, and says Dr.Liem should be investigated further, for his claims that his decompression lower back machine helps patients. The people in his videos and online forums, that claim they were helped by the machine Dr. Liem advertises were instructed to praise the effectiveness of Liem's machine.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Just amazing, after years of back pain and going to different chiropractors Dr. Liem fixed my back, and I can finally function normal again. I would highly recommend dr. Liem.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

**** anyone who says anything negative about dr liem I had 28 treatments for2 herniated discs n he needed an mri before started any treatment fixed my agonizing suffering of 2 or 3 years however after a year of normal life whichbi had never thought possible I slipped n fell on granite stairs n re injured myself unfortunately dr liem was no longer in business probaly due to the negative publicity in the media such as market place so I tried decommpression with a different sub standard macine the piece of**** vax d which only made me worse so I had back surgery which although has helped as I was once bedridden it was far less effective as dr liems treatment as I still suffer everyday god bless oxycontin n the poppy which is very difficult to obtain from doctors thanks once again to the negative media coverage **** you cbc n your market place n that other show that was only one sided towards pain medicine n all the people on itg

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Richard Liem SAVED my life, with out him and his new way of treating people I would not be the person I am today. Before I met with him I was having problems walking and was in and out of the hospital. I had an MRI done when I was 22 stating that I had degenerative disc disease, in my L4/L5 region. I went and met with Dr. Richard Liem with my father....who is the biggest skeptic there is. After hearing what Dr. Richard Liem had to say, my father turned to me and said "this man is going to fix your back, he knows what he is talking about". I started his treatments on the "machine" and after all was said and done I felt like a new woman. I had another MRI done after the treatments and it showed significant improvement in my L4/L5 region, that was degenerating away. My Dr's were baffled, they couldn't see how this had happened. Now even to this day I can still do things I couldn't do before all thanks to this great man. I thank him for saving my life!!!!!!!! Thank -you Dr. Richard.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I am a colleague of dr Liem and have known him very well for many years. He was tops in his class and as ambitious as he is kind. As a colleague I can offer this perspective: dr Liem was pioneering a new cutting edge high tech therapy. He was pressented with tons of research and claims from the manufacturer of the very expensive medical equipment that was required. He was also given various tools to market the technology and to spread the word about it by the manufacturer. Later some if the claims given to him in the research and some of the marketing tools were very publically called into question. The hate/cyber bullying began without fairly granting this man a chance to explain. The truth is, this doctor deserves respect for putting a large investment into a new approach he truly believed in and was himself partly misled by the manufacturer. If the procedure was govt funded, like others that sometimes dont work, none of this disgusting witch hunt would have happened.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

Excellent, helpful, knowledgeable and very passionate towards his patients, esp the seniors.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

One of the worst chiropractors I know! All he is interested in in making money. He could care less if his patients get better. If you are looking to get your back fixed, or want decompression therapy, DO NOT VISIT DR. LIEM!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Liem is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He assisted me in my recovery from a horseback riding injury. Thanks to his careful attention and incredible knowledge I am now nearly healed and can continue to live my life fully with little to no back pain. Thank you Richard for everything.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

I have known Richard Liem for many years as I have an office in one of the buildings he occupies. Richard Liem is a good man and has been crucified incorrectly. I look forward to the lawsuit he issues against CBC for their inept journalism. Imagine interviewing a) a major competitor b) a surgeon who missed a cancer diagnosis (anyone calling him and his credentials on the carpet?), Gov't of Canada (for lack of due diligence in introducing the Axiom machine to the marletplace (if they infact feel it is illegitimate)). Shame on everyone who slams this good man who has ALWAYS worked extremely hard in providing for his family. Perhaps one day, I will achieve the honour of Judging others. I truly hope not. Good luck with life Richard. A hiccup won't keep a good man down.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

I went to one of Dr. Liem's clinics and was promised a drug and surgical free solution to my back problem. Even though my back worsen during the treatment, Dr. Liem's employee Dr. Campbell coax me to continue treatment until my family doctor order the treatment to stop. Unfortunately by this time I needed drugs and surgery. After my surgery I requested my money back from Dr. Liem but he gave me the run around by not returning messages, making false promises etc. until one day he said he can do nothing for me. Very unprofessional and dangerous Doctor in my opinion. I noticed the numbers on his website are either disconnected or go to a different company. I wish I never stepped foot in his clinic.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011