Ratings for Dr. Sudhir Amba

I have lupus of long duration. I moved to Barrie and started with doctor Amba .He has been excellent in his approach.He explained my condition thoroughly and answered all my questions better than my previous Rheumatolgist. His office is generally on time and Has pleasnt staff.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

He has been my doctor for rheumatoid for last 25 years and I am walking because of him . Last visit was my 25 the anniversary And I choked up when I saw him. IHe has been for me all these years and supported me whenever I have called. His manner is polite and he is always considerate of my time.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I got my diagnosis and treatment to my satisfaction. he spent all the time I needed to satisfy myself and explained all the possible options.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

This doctor without running any tests other than an xray on my hands said nothing was wrong with me. I was DX soon after by another rheumy with Ankylosing Spondilitis and MS by a neuro. Good health care doesnt seem to exist anymore.

Submitted November 20, 2014

I have found him to be stand offish and unprofessional. I try not to judge as doctors should know their profession. Not once has he taken the time to do a thorough hands on examination of my feet. His examination is to look over his desk at my foot and say they are swollen and provide me with a prescription. Last visit he made a comment / recording on his tape machine that was untrue and total wrong with no grounds to make such a judgement of me as a patient. This false reporting and diagnosis can cause life style changes to someone on a disability. Spends little time with you. Certainly know why his waiting room is empty when I arrive.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I found Dr. Amba was straight forward with me. I like a doctor that does not fluff things up. I got a shot in my heel for Planter Fisciitis which I have had for almost 2 years. I am able to walk again without pain.I was absolutely terrified to get the needle and the doctor was patient and talked me through my fear. I would recommend him. I liked the fact that my appointment was on time and I didn't have to wait for hours in a waiting room like some other doctors offices.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I have seen Dr. Amba 6 times and not one visit lasted longer then 5 minutes. He pushes pills and does not listen to a thing I said. Very rude and did not seem to care at all. I am now seeing a new doctor and what an amazing difference. I would not recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

He's a pill pusher and after being on a wrong dose and wrong meds caused serious damage to my digestive system and blood so I took myself off them. That was in early 1997.... I then spent the next 6 years with a naturopathic doctor correcting my body.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I thought I was being too sensitive and that maybe he wasn't that rude. Obviously it WAS him by all the other ratings. I went to have a cortisone shot in my heel spur he told to to sit on the exam table lifted up my foot and stuck his thumb nail right into the middle of the sorest spot on my heel. When I reacted, he simply said you need a cortisone injection..writes me a script tells me to go to the pharmacy, fill and come back. When I came back the front office staff told me to take a seat on the table, he walked in lifted my foot, injection and walked right out. I asked him about the other foot, which I have ex rays to prove the heel spur..he simply said your are here for the right foot and then continued into his office...Lacking bedside manner is an understatement, zero personality.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I was very disappointed with this doctors attitude and non caring style. If you are in pain don't bother with him go and find yourself a better doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013