Ratings for Dr. Valerie Capstick

I had surgery to remove tumor and do complete hysterectomy. She did hysterectomy but didn't remove all tumor cells. She told me there were some left behind. She didn't have time to remove them because she had to go home. Why to even bother removing them when she would get paid same whether she removed one tumor or 4 tumors.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Today I am 7 years cancer free of cervical cancer but...this is NO thanks to Capstick (I don't feel she deserves to be called "Dr."). While Capstick almost cost me my life, thankfully Dr. Heywood in Vancouver was able to save it despite Capstick's MANY errors and misdiagnosis. Capstick's cockiness, God complex, or whatever you want to call it, caused me to be misdiagnosed, leading to 2 unnecessary surgeries (one of which she botched, causing me to hemorrhage resulting in a third surgery within hours of the second). The unnecessary surgeries I endured were the result of her incorrectly interpreting the lab results regarding the size of my tumor. Not only did this cost me several precious months of proper treatment but I live with the fear that repeatedly disrupting those cancer cells by those surgeries could have caused them to disperse into my blood stream/lymphatic system and cause a recurrence down the road. To this day I suffer from chronic pain as the result of my second surgery and PTSD from my experiences with this hack. After my third surgery for the hemorrhage, I became my own advocate and researched like I never have before. That's when I found my lifesaver Dr. Heywood in Vancouver. I had gone to an attorney shortly after treatment in Vancouver and was told I had an excellent case against Capstick but also informed that malpractice cases can take years. Ultimately, after all I had been through and still trying to recover from an almost year long battle, I decided I my health was more important than the stress of a lawsuit. Now that I am stronger, I wish I would have gone through with it. PLEASE take my review, and all the other bad ones into consideration before letting Capstick treat you.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Very knowledgeable, knows her stuff. She was great with me, I was comfortable asking questions and confident in her abilities. Her bedside manner, well I saw her for 5 minutes, 2 hours after the operation, so I can't really comment.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

If you or a loved one has Dr Capstick immediately seek a second opinion or find another doctor. My Mom was treated by her and her team when she was first diagnosed with Stage 1 endometrial cancer in the spring 2016 and they performed the "robotic surgery" a hysterectomy to remove the cancer. She confidently assured my Mom that she was clear of any traces of cancer after the surgery and that she would have quite a few more years with a good quality of life. Well she was wrong and her entire team misdiagnosed my Mom's cancer, it quickly spread to her abdomen "metastatic cancer" Stage 4. My Mom suffered a lot of pain and passed away in the fall 2016. Dr Capstick lacks compassion and bedside manners, she is smug and arrogant and is full of herself. She rudely told my Mom in front of family, "I wouldn't be surprised if you died tomorrow", it brought my Mom to tears. Dr Capstick never considered or cared that my Dad had just passed away few weeks ago from his own battle with cancer. Her own reaction was to give her own professional opinion and she showed that this was a selfless act. Sometimes a person and their family are looking for a glimmer of hope, not a harsh opinion. We switched doctor's and hospital shortly after, my Mom was given palliative care and treated by kind doctors and nursing staff, she was able to pass away with sense of grace and dignity.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I just had a complete hysterectomy by Dr Capstick. Since the day I was told I would need this procedure I have been so scared. Prior to Surgery she came to talk over the steps that would happen in the OR. She was extremely patient, kind and funny. I felt safe after our pre-surgery chat because she was so confident. I knew going in that her and her team were the best.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

My sister just passed away at the age of 27. She was a patient of Dr.Capstick at the beginning of her diagnosis. She had surgery and was given the all clear and then after was told that they had made an error and read the reports wrong and my sisters cancer wasn't gone. Critical time passed and we will never know if that time would have made a difference. My sister was an amazing and beautiful person and now she is gone. If I could give 0 stars I would.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I was having a very hard time getting surgery times with other doctors. Dr Capstick had me in the OR within 2 days of my first visit. I am so very grateful for her and her entire team and the awesome job done fixing me up. I have found her to be EXTREMELY approachable, and am confident that if any issues arise relating to my surgery I would be seen by her without hassle. I most certainly don't wish for anymore health issues which would require her professional input, but I liked her so much that I wish we were friends who could talk about things other than my nether regions.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

She is awesome ! Very unique skills, and I would say up to date. She is a doctor of the future. I like her very much.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Wonderful people, each and everyone of them. From the greeting at the front door to the reception desk.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Capstick is wonderful and so knowledgeable. She's no nonsense when it goes to her work but a very pleasant woman. She took a very stressful time for me and made it manageable.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016