Ratings for Dr. Bernita Young

Dr. Young is rarely on time for my appointments. One day I had an appointment for 11:00, I sat in the waiting room until 12:10 before she finally called me in. When I do finally get called in, Dr. Young always seems to be rushed and very rarely takes the time to listen to my full concerns. One visit she actually misdiagnosed a knee issue I had, finally I actually had to demand she take x-rays and ultrasound. Also when trying to book appointments with Dr. Young, the reception staff can be rude. I am at the point where I am looking for a new doctor. I've had enough if Dr. Young wasting my time.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been with Dr. Young for over 36 years and she has been by my side through all my issues. She helped me by performing therapy talk, hypnosis, calls at night, special arrangements if needed. She has been very good with my kids growing up and they just love her and continue to see her. We now live over a hour away and still travel that distance to see her. I would say she is not allowed to retire because I would not trade her for the world. She's the best, love's her job and works hard. The government needs to stop punishing all doctor's for some bad apples. Sherry

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I have been receiving excellent care from Dr. Young for over 37 years, since my teens. She is an exceptional listener, very professional and is collaborative. She is thorough and is very good with follow up; she even phoned me herself one weekday evening at 10pm (still in the office!!) to provide me some valuable information. Who does that? Since I have moved a few times, I have commuted to Etobicoke to continue to see her to receive her consultations and care. Due to distance I have at times asked if I could be referred to specialists in my own city, and she has accommodated this request with results going to her. She has been instrumental in my good health as I have an ongoing condition that requires monitoring, along with another practitioner, and they work as a team to successfully keep me very healthy and well. When Kathleen Wynn talks about cutting doctor fees, I wrote to the Premier to her to stand up to this plan, and stand up for the rights of my excellent doctor, who is so valuable to her patients and to her community. Dr. Young takes care of many cultures in her practice...she is non judgemental and compassionate. She is a gem. Competent, articulate, organized, methodical, warm. She is efficient and will move along at a healthy pace, but you will get all your questions answered.. The only thing I would change if any, is sometimes you will wait a bit for your appointment, (the later in the day is more likely to be a problem as the more the # of patients, it cause DRs to get off schedule)..., and getting admins on the phone takes a bit of time; you may be put on hold,but will eventually get your call answered. Don't call if you only have 1 minute, it will take a bit to get to a live person.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Thorough, good listener, highly skilled. Busy yet takes time needed. Staff are helpful.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

The greatest doctor ever. I have been with her for over 34 years and she guided me through my life experiences. She has sympathy, listens, and guides you in the right direction. She's the best!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

I've been seeing Dr Young for 3 years and I like her a lot! Although, I've only gone for annual physicals and the resulting follow-up appointments I've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes after checking in. I'm very pleased with the thorough yet concise answers she provides for my many questions. She is very focused and very professional always showing appropriate conern and follow through with any symptons I present. I'm usually pretty stressed with medical appointments of any kind and her calm demeanour always settles me down. Thank heavens for doctors like her!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

The wait to see Dr. Young is brutal. One day I sat in the office for 3 hours before she called me in. I find that Dr. Young vary rarely looks right at you. One day I went in for my yearly physical and the whole time, she never looked right at me, she was always looking around the room. There are times she does not listen. One visit I went in with a sprained foot and she sent me for an x-ray on my knee. The reception staff are all very rude and ignorant. I give Dr. Young a poor rating and would never recommend any one to see her.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I find her kind of odd. She doesn't look you right in the eye and by passes alot of things.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Young for a great many years and find her to be very caring and thorough. As for the long wait, I would rather wait to see her than someone who has no bedside manner or compasion.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

HealthFirst
  • Humana Gold Plus
  • Humana Medicare
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
  • United Healthcare Options