Ratings for Dr. Louis Palerme

Second time I have required the skills of Dr. Palerme in six months. Another exceptional experience. His kindness, knowledge and positive attitude was exactly what was needed to deal with a sensitive female issue. Thank you Dr. Palerme!!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Had a hernia surgery done by this Doctor. After 7 years I had a sharp pain while doing an exercise at the gym with 25 lbs weight. My family doctor said he felt a weakness in the mesh and refereed me back to see Dr. Palerme. When I went into see him, he felt around at the old hernia area and said I didn't need an operation. I told him that I'm having pain every day and it hurts to lift anything more than 10 lbs. Anything besides loose sweat pants hurt to wear. I told him this pain is affecting my day-to-day life and he said, "well that's tough, there's nothing I can do." In short, this is the worst doctor I've ever been to.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Very disappointed in this Dr. Palerme. Suffering for months with a hernia, my husband went to his appointment for the Dr. to make a little poke at his belly button area, and said, your fine. You don't need a surgery. My husband has been suffering with this hernia, and what kind Dr. says you don't need an operation!!!!!!!!Lets see him do some construction or hard labour with a hernia! What a jerk! When you depend on someone to work and they can't because of this kind of assessment, it is very unfortunate that he effects our whole family because of this 15 min assessment!.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I had been referred to Dr. Palarme for a seemingly simple surgery. I became quite ill and had to be admitted to the hospital until the surgery, which was usually day surgery could be done. More than a bit freaked out as I'd never had surgery, Dr . Palarme was great. Stopped by to see me to tell me when he hoped I'd get the surgery and see if I was doing ok. Surgery day came and I was a mess. Scared, nervous. The last thing I remember before going under was Dr. Palerme saying we are going to take good care of you it will be better after it was done. Made all the difference in the world! Thank you Dr. Palarme!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

my husband had stomach cancer Dr Palerme put a feeding tube in him and they are supposed to do an ultra sound before hand to make sure the liver is not enlarged and in the way. The dr did not do this so 2 days later he was dead from septic shock as the tube was not placed properly . Now my 10 yr old grandson went in had a ruptured appendix. Dr Palerme discharged him with no antibiotics and he had to go back to hospital 2 days later with infection. Despite having elevated white blood cell count, Dr.Palerme REFUSED to prescribe any antibiotics and told his mother to take him back to the operating surgeon on Wednesday (3 days later). The ER physician learned of this and prescribed 2 different strong antibotics. Even the pharmacist was appaulled with Dr Palerme's actions. Terrible treatment by a supposid senior physician who was actually teaching an intern at the time..........

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I found this doctor had great interpersonal skills (bedside manner) but his surgical proceedure was, in my opinion, of the " time is money " type. That is to say, get in and get it done with low regard for patient healing time.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

The doctor was professional and considerate. He talked to me as an equal. I felt confident that he would provide the best care available, which he did. The MOA in his office was friendly and helpful. Although this was my first surgery ( and I hope my last )if I had to do it again I would go with Dr. Palerme.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

Great Dr Found him very caring,pleasant& good bedside manner. Did my cancer surgery 3 years ago . I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Great Doctor. Answered all questions. took the time for follow up. Cuts to the chase and gives you all the info you need in a polite manner. He's not there to hold your hand in recovery, he's there to get you better.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Great Doc! Very kind and considerate, took the time to address all my concerns.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012