Ratings for Dr. Joe Pham

Dr. Pham is an excellent doctor. He is very detail oriented and provides a clear explanation.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I waited so long to get an appointment and then had to be moved out to a further date without an explanation. His secretary never answers the phone or puts me on hold and doesn't come back. So far I've had a bad experience but I hope this doesn't happen to everyone. I've asked my doctor to send me to another GI

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr Pham saved my mother's ( Beth) life. I met him at OTMH in emergency. He discovered her pancreatic tumour very early. He referred us very quickly to an amazing surgeon ( Dr Jayaraman) that removed the tumour. Dr Pham's office assistant, Khadija, was also outstanding. Times were very stressful and she went over the top to make sure that all my mom's medical records were transferred quickly and efficiently. Dr Pham continued to check in on my mom well after her care was transferred to the surgeon. I am so thankful to have this time with my mom. Thank you Dr Pham!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Joe is a new breed of doctor that is collaborative in his approach r to health care delivery. He is absolutely outstanding and I am very privlliged to be his patient. He is compassionate yet skilled. And I would not have it any other way. His office staff are extremely helpful especially juggling my busy travel schedule to fit me in to get my colonoscopy at the new hospital. I would heartily recommend De Pham for any GI related issues.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I was one of Dr. Pham's first patients when he finished his residency. He has always been kind, caring, approachable and very good at explaining every procedure. When I insisted to be referred to a different hospital for surgery (he had recommended OTH) he did so. He takes the time to spend as much as needed at every follow-up visit. I have had over 20 colonoscopies in the last 10 years. I'd never want anyone else for my procedures. He has supported my clinical trial, obtained compassionate approval for a new drug, came to see me in ER whenever complications (not treated by him) landed me there. He is the best, and I have seen multiple GIs (including some in his shared practice), at McMaster, Mt. Sinai (Toronto and NYC). He has zero ego and will gladly refer you to colleagues as needed. His staff have been perfectly pleasant and helpful, returning calls, making sure my referrals and insurance paperwork was done. You can't do better than him. If you have to wait sometimes it's because he is spending time with another patient, exactly the way he will spend it with you when required.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

If you have to reach Dr. Pham's office by phone forget it. His assistant, whatever her name is NEVER picks up the phone or returns messages, it' amazing to me that she can get away with ignoring the patients the way she does. I mean what is the point of her being there. The mailbox is usually always full with ignored messages. Just terrible service, unfortunately all the doctors work out of the same office so you cannot switch because they won't see you if you have seen someone else even if you request it. It's rediculous.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Pham is a calm, methodical doctor who always puts the best interest of his patients first. If I have ever waited at his office, it is due to the fact that some other patient requires a bit more care at that particular moment. In turn, he has had to spend additional time with me on occasion when my disease/care warrants it. He has called me at home to check on my health. His secretary always has a warm smile. His GI peers praise his abilities. I have moved since under his care, but continue to drive from Niagara to receive the best GI care around. I refuse to go to Mount Sinai as the best is here in Oakville. Sorry Dr. Arya, you have been great too but, Dr. Joe is number one.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I now have chronic palmoplantar psoriasis on my hands thanks to him. I have to double glove my hands at work and worry if I can continue, it is so depressing. I wish I just had my crohns which I have learned to deal with for over twenty years as the psoriasis on my hands is a nightmare. He argued with me for over two years about every concern I had and finally won scaring me into taking Remicade. He totally misrepresented the danger of side effects, dismissed any alternatives, and had a snappy answer to everything including all the negative internet information out there. Now I have this painful side effect for the rest of my life, and all he had to say after was that "I gamble and lost", and not that he gamble with my life! I have worked with tradesman in many dangerous situations for many multinational companies and never been hurt. If he were in the trades and would have gambled with others lifes as he did with my he would be in serious trouble. Now all I can do is pray for a miracle to heal my hands, and wonder why I was so foolish to have not have just run away from him - HE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON I'VE EVER MET!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr. Pham gives no attention to any stress you might be feeling prior to the procedure even though you have expressed it clearly in his office. Throughout my procedure he bragged about his wife Vanessa and his new daughter He cared nothing about ME or how I was feeling.I have raised 3 wonderful sons, all in successful careers. I was a stay at home mom and sometimes it was stressful, but I nursed each of them for YEARS, saw them through their school years etc. I now have 4 amazing grandchildren....2 granddaughters and two grandsons. I have a Bachelor Of Arts in Education and a Bachelor of Education in English and Latin and have taught grades 1 through Grade 13 ( now grade 12.) I do not think I deserve better than any other patient, but Dr. Pham is so proud of himself and his own achievements and family and has no care or concern for his patients. He is a huge disappointment to me and I do not wish any further connection with this man. I will not have another colonoscopy with this Dr.,Ji

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

always over an hour late for appointments. Doesn't seem concerned about my concerns. Big ego. Overall...asking for referral for new Dr.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014