Ratings for Dr. Joe Pham

I am very impressed with Dr. Pham's knowledge, diagnostic skills and ability to explain complex problems in simple terms that I can understand. I have had many terrific GI doctors including several at the Mayo Clinic, and Dr. Pham is among the very best.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

If I could give the secretary a zero rating, I would. She's incredibly rude and makes the practice look bad. The doctor himself is amazing but good luck having a rational conversation with his incredibly rude and obnoxious secretary.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

An excellent doctor. Is able to quickly diagnose and assess the severity of the disease with prompt referral to the best specialists in the field. In medicine, punctuality with regards to patient wait times, is relative. This usually varies based on how complex or severe the patients' disease is and therefore more time would be appropriate. His team is excellent and very helpful. With regards to his knowledge, well just take a look at his educational background. In conclusion, Dr. Pham is a class act with very good doctor-patient communication skills.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Pham since he opened his practice on Dorval Dr. He is not only a great doctor but a great guy. My husband and one of my sons have also been his patient. Thank you for your excellent care.....Sonia

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr pham is a a well educated and professional G. I. He takes the time to talk to the patients and accommodates to their needs. It may be a long wait but it's definitely worth it. I highly recommend him for all your G. I. Needs.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Pham is an excellent doctor. He is very detail oriented and provides a clear explanation.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I waited so long to get an appointment and then had to be moved out to a further date without an explanation. His secretary never answers the phone or puts me on hold and doesn't come back. So far I've had a bad experience but I hope this doesn't happen to everyone. I've asked my doctor to send me to another GI

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr Pham saved my mother's ( Beth) life. I met him at OTMH in emergency. He discovered her pancreatic tumour very early. He referred us very quickly to an amazing surgeon ( Dr Jayaraman) that removed the tumour. Dr Pham's office assistant, Khadija, was also outstanding. Times were very stressful and she went over the top to make sure that all my mom's medical records were transferred quickly and efficiently. Dr Pham continued to check in on my mom well after her care was transferred to the surgeon. I am so thankful to have this time with my mom. Thank you Dr Pham!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Joe is a new breed of doctor that is collaborative in his approach r to health care delivery. He is absolutely outstanding and I am very privlliged to be his patient. He is compassionate yet skilled. And I would not have it any other way. His office staff are extremely helpful especially juggling my busy travel schedule to fit me in to get my colonoscopy at the new hospital. I would heartily recommend De Pham for any GI related issues.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I was one of Dr. Pham's first patients when he finished his residency. He has always been kind, caring, approachable and very good at explaining every procedure. When I insisted to be referred to a different hospital for surgery (he had recommended OTH) he did so. He takes the time to spend as much as needed at every follow-up visit. I have had over 20 colonoscopies in the last 10 years. I'd never want anyone else for my procedures. He has supported my clinical trial, obtained compassionate approval for a new drug, came to see me in ER whenever complications (not treated by him) landed me there. He is the best, and I have seen multiple GIs (including some in his shared practice), at McMaster, Mt. Sinai (Toronto and NYC). He has zero ego and will gladly refer you to colleagues as needed. His staff have been perfectly pleasant and helpful, returning calls, making sure my referrals and insurance paperwork was done. You can't do better than him. If you have to wait sometimes it's because he is spending time with another patient, exactly the way he will spend it with you when required.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016