Ratings for Dr. Lesley Corrin

I went to see Dr.Corrin for a neuromuscular issue since birth that no one was able to diagnose. I honestly did not expect her to give me an answer. She is very helpful so far and thourough. I can tell she researched a lot when I came in to my second appointment. The first time she did an emg for just one muscle. She said she could tell it hurt a lot so she did not want to pain me if not neccesarey. She said that unfortunately to understand how my muscles work one does not cut it so I will have to get it done for an hour. She said I really am a puzzle but she will keep working on it and hopefully the emg will give clues. She did a very thourough assessment and felt everything. She is very friendly too. I had to wait an hour last time but who does not in Canada. It is an overall healthcare system problem. I recommend her. I was not sure about to go to her because of the reviews. I love her.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Although it has been a number of years since I've seen Dr. Corrin, I feel compelled to write a review after reading so many negative ones. Don't expect a regular office or a regular doctor. I found Dr. Corrin's behaviour to be inconsistent - sometimes she was rude and other times very personable. However, she did take my complaints seriously, got me an MRI within a week, diagnosed me and sent me on to a specialist. These days, with cookie-cutter doctors, many of whom couldn't diagnose an ingrown toenail, it was refreshing to find a good diagnostician.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

this is an excellent doctor. she found that i had carpal tunnel syndrome and wanted to find out why! she ordered lots of blood work and found out that i am diabetic. thank you dr corrin we need more doctors like you

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

i saw this doctor after seeing 6 other doctors. she immediately made the diagnosis. an amazing diagnostician . thats an art and i am so fortune that i saw her. her office is immaculate and her staff very helpful . i think that people with a negative attitude she look to themselves and be grateful for our healthcare

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I agree with everyone about the dirty clinic. When it was my turn on the examination table, the paper on the table was wrinkled and out of place, obviously used. the dirty worn out examination table underneath the paper was just as bad. I tried to sit on part of the paper that appeared to be unused but she had some files on table so I could not move the paper and I had to put up with the dirty paper. I never know she was the doctor during the entire visit, I though she was one of the technicians. She asked me for detail of my problem, she then check me by asking me to perform the basic movements of the limbs. From reading these reviews, I thank GOD I did not need needles from her.The doctor left and her technician came in to do the nerve test, the technician has a very bad attitude. The doctor came back afterwards and declared everything is normal. To be fair, the doctor did spend a minute to answer my questions. The doctor did not say anything that would allow me to give her a good score for knowledge. Overall experience: similar to most medical clinics in Scarborough; not the worst and definitely not the best; all doctors and staff lacks respect for the patients; worn out/dingy clinics that we have to put up with.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I wish I had read these reviews before I saw her as well. I had the same experience. Had to wait, she had the worst bedside manner, and seemed almost put off that she had to do some work that day. Her intake evaluation was pitiful, nor did she take the time to determine my problem or understand what led me to being referred to her in the first place. The nerve conduction test was then conducted by a tech in under a few minutes, and neither of them provided any feedback other than it looks normal and I'll send a report. My referring neurologist was in an office down the hall- not sure why she didn't read his report BEFORE I saw her? She is one of the rudest doctors have ever seen. And I had to wait over a month for this BS, and now I will have to see someone else who actually knows what they are doing.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Look up this Lady's credentials on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario; she is not a qualified Neurologist. She is a General Practitioner with one year of Residency training in Neurology (Neurologists have a four year Residency training program). From what I saw she knows very little neurology and is so arrogant she is dangerous. Why does no-one complain to the college of her pretending that she is a neurologist when she is not.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

She started off being upset that I didn't have a printed copy of the referral form, even tho it was from a doctor two doors across from her in the clinic and the referral was already up on her computer. She was very dismissive and would cut me off when i explained my symptoms. She seems computer adverse and was reluctant to go thru my records on the computer file. Instead she kept asking me about the information. Had me fill up forms that are clearly labeled to be filled in by the physician.Bad bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

no introduction, used paper on the exam bed, she asked inappropriate personal questions which have no effect on injury. nerve test was completed in under 90 seconds - which according to others seems too short to properly perform. No bedside manner and no information given. Now have to wait to see someone else...

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Can I give zero stars? Saw Dr. Corrin recently for a nerve conductivity test. The appointment was at 10am, and I was on time (early, even) waiting in the waiting room. A woman (who I later realized was Dr. Corrin) told the front desk person she was going to get a drink, and disappeared for 10 minutes, coming back with a pepsi. It was then that she asked me to come into her office, and I realized it was her. She had no notes on why I was there, and asked me to explain what my issue was, but didn't seem to be listening, and kept cutting me off. She did some reflex tests, and I could see that her fingers were all cracked and dirty. Ew. I went into the other exam room, and a technician performed the conductivity test with the voltage on my hand. Now all of this is happening rather fast, so Im feeling kind of uncomfortable, and at no point did anyone explain what was happening. Then, Dr. Corrin came back in and was complaining about a duffel bag she left on the ground and how bags get dirty in the winter etc. Okay whatever. She then put on gloves, took two packages, set something up on the laptop and put a very long needle into my bicep area without explaining what was happening. Im sure for people who are scared of needles, this approach would take the shock away from it, but Dr. Corrin proceeded to remove and re-insert the needle into different points on my arm and hand. She then said "That was normal, Ill send a report" and walked out. Was absolutely the worst medical experience I have ever had. Would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018