Ratings for Dr. Jose Rodriguez

One of a kind surgeon! Very accommodating to his patients! Thanks doctor for being so patient centered and for always making sure that our needs our met. thank you again!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I owe Dr. Rodriguez my life...I had a hernia operation performed by Dr. RODRIGUEZ back in 2001 and have only fond memories. Recently, I was diagnosed with a benign Desmoid Tumor in my abdominal wall to which the Doctor who was seeing me was preparing me for what would have been life-changing surgery...think Frankenstein! Thankfully, I had an illumination one morning and decided to call Dr Rodriguez, who specializes in hernias and therefore looks at abdominal walls all day, (after many years of doing major surgeries)...needless to say, the surgery that he performed was minimally invasive and I was back to performing physical exercise in no time. His bedside manner is the best that I have experienced...his knowledge and experience will be gravely missed when he retires on July 1st. We were all very lucky to have had Dr.Rodriguez in our community...and I wish him the best in his retirement. GP

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

The best doctor that I have ever had the privilege to know. What an absolute pleasure to deal with. A true gentleman and an amazing doctor. Lorne M.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

EXCELLENT DOCTOR! VERY RARE LEVEL OF EXPERTISE WITHIN HIS FIELD. VERY SAD TO SEE DR. RODRIGUEZ RETIRING. THE SYSTEM WILL LOSE AN INCREDIBLE DOCTOR WHO RECOGNIZES HIS TALENTS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. GOD BLESS YOU DOCTOR RODRIGUEZ. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR RETIREMENT. BEST REGARDS, JOSEPH.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Recommended by my family Doctor Gut. Dr. Rodriguez was just fantastic, he operated on me in 2006 for my right inguinal hernia & belly button hernia at the same time. Wonderful recovery. Went back this past December 2015 for my left inguinal hernia and again very successful, recovery was instantly. He babies you as if you were one of is own. Thank you so much. G.L.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I recently got operated for the second time with Dr. J. Rodriguez. the first was a right inguinal hernia a few years back and now in December 2015 my left inguinal hernia. Both times were a success, amazing Surgeon, very skilled , fast recovery and amazing post surgery attention. He calls every morning to know how you were recovering. Always answers his calls. I am so happy to have chosen him. thank-you very much... L.V.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

This comment is not to rate Dr. Rodriguez Can anybody tell me how much inguinal hernia cost at Dr. Rodriguez clinic? I called the Doctor office, but his secretary refused to give me an answer. She told me I have to take an appointment with the doctor, and it will cost $230.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My father recently had a hernia operation, which was performed by Doctor J. Rodriguez. He is a very professional an humble human being. My client Doctor John Rowen referred us to him and said he was the best in town. I was a bit sceptical but extremely surprised when they called me back within 12 hours to schedule and appointment due to a cancellation. We couldn’t make it so an appointment was set for the following week. We saw Doctor Rodriguez and he was able to schedule a date for the operation one week before the Christmas break…wow! The service on all levels was top notch and on time. My father experienced minimal pain. Doctor Rodriguez explained in detail the process prior, during and post op in clear terms – they even took care of obtaining the hospital card. My father is 85 years old and he has been quite disabled, having lost cochlear vestibular function on both sides. So he is effectively deaf and his balance has been lost. Due to this, I was requested to be present in the operating room so I can communicate in writing any questions or comments the Doctor needed to relay to him or vice versa. Following the operation, Doctor Rodriguez followed up by telephone. He wanted to know on a scale of 1 to 10 what my father thought of the whole process. My father gave him a 10 only because he could not give an 11, as the limit was 10. Service of this calibre is hard to find and it will be remembered and appreciated for years to come. Thank you Doctor Rodriguez!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I am a 71 year old male with strong painful hernia. Searched on the internet, I found Dr. J.Rodriguez on the “Rate your doctor” site. I read 20 pages of comments, with 99% of 5 stars, I could not believe it. So I decided to meet him personally and on the 11th. September 2015 left a message on his phone. 3 days after, his receptionist called me and gave an appointment for the 14th September .On that day 10 minutes conversation with Dr.R. I made my decision to go with him for my surgery. Thanks to Mr. George Zadoyan, Dr.R’s patient, for creating this site where I found Dr. J. R., like many others did before me. After inquiring about my health and a physical check up, he told me I had an inguinal hernia on my right side and needed surgery. He explained in details the surgery and recuperation procedure which made me feel very comfortable about his abilities. He gave me all his coordinates and private cell number In case I had more questions and sent me to the hospital for Ultra sound. Because of the severity of the pain, he offered me an early date for the operation due to a cancellation and I agreed. On the 23th September the day of the surgery, he gave my local anesthesia while being reassuring. 1 hr 35 min. later, with 4 mesh patches, I was sent to my room. He came to check me, explained how to have a successful recuperation made sure I had a driver. I came and left the hospital in 4 hours later and walk on my own to the car. He called me home that night to make sure there is no fever or blood on my dressings. He called me back for the next 3 days. It was a painless operation and fast recuperation. I resumed my normal activities in 2 -3 days, full capacity in 10 days. I highly recommend Dr.R. for his caring, humane, humbleness, knowledge and surgical skills. Thank you very much Dr.Rodriguez. After 3 months I re read the total 20 pages of comments, what they say about Dr, Rodriguez is 100% accurate and true to every word. AREVSHADOUTIUN ERGAR GIANK KEZ .H.I.P.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Ggvvcss d hhzddccvvvvvvvcccvvvvvccccccccfffcccccvvcv

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Dr. Jose Rodriguez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rodriguez is a graduate of the University of Medicine, Madrid, Spain.(1961) He interned at St.Mary's Hospital in 1966-1967 and did his residency in surgery and pathology at The Jewish General Hospital. St.Mary's Hospital appointed him to the hospital staff in 1971. Following his six years of training in surgery and pathology he obtained a fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He was named Chief of Surgery at St.Mary's Hospital Center in Montreal where he oversaw the department from July 1979 until 1987. As Associate Professor in the surgical department at McGill University his interests were hepatic-biliaray surgery as well as abdominal wall hernia repair. In 1976 he performed the first major hepatic resection (right hepatic lobectomy) at St.Mary's Hospital associated with the McGill University Surgical Department. He has performed surgery on a wide variety of cases but has been focusing on hernia repair, especially abdominal wall hernias since 1999.

• Spanish
  • Italian
  • French
  • English

• McGill University (Grad. 1971)

• Inguinal hernia
  • Umbilical hernia

• American College Of Surgeons
  • Chief of Department of Surgery-St.Mary's Hospital Centre(1979-1987)
  • Assistant Professor of Surgery at McGill University (1980- Active)