Rate Dr. Jose Rodriguez

Dr. Jose Rodriguez's Ratings

Dr. Jose Rodriguez is a briiliant, highly skilled surgeon. In addition, he is warm, empathetic, punctual, and efficient. I have had numerous surgeries with many other surgeons over the last 30 or so years. I am 62 years old and have multiple health issues. However, no other surgeon even comes close to reaching Dr. Rodriguez' level of excellence.
All aspects of the umbilical hernia surgery: consultation, pre-op appointments, surgery, and post-op appontments were conducted in a totally stressfree, caring, and medically proficient manner. There was minimal post-op pain and swelling. I had the surgery on a Friday morning. I was home by lunchtime and then prepared supper for my husband a few hours later. I was able to drive my car two days after the surgery. The healing has gone incredibly well. About 10 days post-op, I started working out on my treadmill.
Thank-you Dr. Rodriguez!
H.H.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2913454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2015

Dealing with Dr Rodriguez was a very pleasant experience. I got my first appointment immediately and then booked my surgery shortly after. Surgery day was quick and efficient and was out of the hospital a couple hours after surgery. He followed up me me every morning to see how I was doing and all the follow up appointments very amazing as well. I highly recommend Dr Rodriguez to everyone.
DM

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

Was planning to go to a private Clinic in Ontario called the Shouldice clinic for hernia's but was told by a relative who works in the medical field to have my hernia fix by Dr. Jose Rodriguez who she considered a excelled doctor who specialize in hernias. So I check him out on the internet. At the time he had 183 reviews and they were all 5 stars. This I found hard to believe. Who get 100% satisfaction these day in our Quebec system? So I check up with a other person that also works in the medical institution at St Mary's and she had the same response as the first one. So I went to see him. I was impress with his professional service and prompt response. Have to say this is my second hernia operation that I was going to have. The first one was in 1987 and I can still remember the pain after the operation for the next 4 days up to this day. Dr. Rodriguez explain to me his procedure of doing the surgery. And he told me that there will not be any pain afterward. This I found hard to believe also. So I accepted to pay because he is not in the medicare system. This is what happen to me : I arrived at St Mary's Hospital one half hour before my schedule hour of operation and waited in the waiting room around 15 to 20 minute.. Then I was led to pre operation hall were I change into my operating gown and given a sedative. After 10 to 15 minutes was led into operating room. They say that this was the only local sedative that I was given. I do not remember anything after entering the operating room. I woke up back in the waiting room were the nurse was taking my vital signs. She told me that I would have to stay there for the next half hour till I go the bathroom and urinate. Having done that the nurse told me that I can get dress and go home. But I was not to drive my car. My wife was waiting in the waiting room for me and we left. I walk 3 blocks to get to the car. I had no discomfort at all. Got home and did not take any pain medication at all during all my recovery. Dr. Jose Rodriguez call me at home for the next 4 days then had 4 office appointment with him. After 3 weeks help my neighbor push her car into her driveway because of mechanical failure. I have to say that it has been a pleasant experience as compared to my first hernia operation in 1987. RD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2015

Excellent surgeon, he always treats his patients with incredible care and kindness. Effective hernia operation without any pain, fastest recovery. He had the unheard kindness to drive me home from St. Mary's Hospital!
More than a doctor, he is a real friend of all his patients! Dr. Rodriguez es mas que un doctor, es un amigo de verdad! Si todos los médicos fueran asi, estaríamos viviendo un sueño!
Thank you so much Dr. Rodriguez!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2015

PROFESSIONALE , SERVIZIO IMPECABBILE,PORTA MOLTO RISPETTO AL PATIENTE,PREZZO ABBORDABILE,E ASSISTENZA DOPO INTERVENTO MOLTO BUONA,GRAZIE MOLTO DOTTORE; da Mongiardo

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2839289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

From the initial visit to the follow ups Dr. Rodriguez was above all my expectations. His explanations of all the details of the procedure were very re-assuring and calming. I was able to have my surgery 11 days after the initial visit which was extremely appreciated due to the pain I was having during work and golf. I was able to return to work on the Monday morning following Friday surgery with no problems and my job is physical as I'm doing manual therapy in the complementary health care field.
As for my passion of golf, I was able to swing fully 7days after surgery and return to play on the 8th day. Subsequently, I played 8 of the next 9 days with no pain and a full rotational swing for the first time in 7 months.
I was extremely impressed by the phone calls for follow up by Dr. Rodríguez and his attention to detail. If it were possible to rate the entire process above excellent, I certainly would do it.
GC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Rodriguez'z was recommended by my company Doctor. He was available to meet me soon after I called for my appointment. Dr. Rodriguez made his diagnostic very quickly, got me an echo graphic at St- Marry's hospital the next day. Pre surgery meeting - surgery day and post surgery follow up was very nicely done by Dr. Rodriguez and his staff. Very professional and knowledgeable surgeon.
Y.G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2832854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Rodreiguez was pleasant and very reassuring. He did the hernia surgery and 1hour later I was on my way home. He called several times to check on me. There was actually no pain. All in all it went very well thanks to a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Like many that commented here, I am completely satisfied with Dr. Rodriguez's less invasive ,local anesthetic surgery and it is the way to go for a speedy recovery. At both the pre-op and post-op stage he there to give you instructions that must be followed, and really have minimal impact on your normal daily life with a caveat don't try to overdo what you partake in. I highly recommend this surgeon. SC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Dr. Rodriguez is a charming person. I was looking for a surgeon who would repair my two hernias with local anesthetic, as I wanted to avoid general anesthetics because of my advanced age. He was recommended to me by at least two physician colleagues and two other friends who had already been operated by him with success. My initial anxiety regarding the operation was laid to rest very professionally by Dr. Rodriguez. The operation for one of my hernias was arranged quickly at St-Mary's hospital. The procedure went without a hitch, supported by excellent pre and post operative nursing care. I was able to leave the hospital for home about an hour after the operation and had by first post operative visit at Dr. Rodriguez's office 3 days later. During those 3 interim days, he checked my progress daily by telephone. I needed only Tylenol for the pain and I returned to my regular activities a week later. I have now completely recovered and am thoroughly satisfied with the excellent outcome of the operation, and have arranged with Dr. Rodriguez that he operates on my other hernia in June 2015, three months after the first intervention.

I highly recommend him to all hernia sufferers.

C.B.