Ratings for Dr. Jose Rodriguez

Recommended by my family Doctor Gut. Dr. Rodriguez was just fantastic, he operated on me in 2006 for my right inguinal hernia & belly button hernia at the same time. Wonderful recovery. Went back this past December 2015 for my left inguinal hernia and again very successful, recovery was instantly. He babies you as if you were one of is own. Thank you so much. G.L.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I recently got operated for the second time with Dr. J. Rodriguez. the first was a right inguinal hernia a few years back and now in December 2015 my left inguinal hernia. Both times were a success, amazing Surgeon, very skilled , fast recovery and amazing post surgery attention. He calls every morning to know how you were recovering. Always answers his calls. I am so happy to have chosen him. thank-you very much... L.V.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

This comment is not to rate Dr. Rodriguez Can anybody tell me how much inguinal hernia cost at Dr. Rodriguez clinic? I called the Doctor office, but his secretary refused to give me an answer. She told me I have to take an appointment with the doctor, and it will cost $230.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My father recently had a hernia operation, which was performed by Doctor J. Rodriguez. He is a very professional an humble human being. My client Doctor John Rowen referred us to him and said he was the best in town. I was a bit sceptical but extremely surprised when they called me back within 12 hours to schedule and appointment due to a cancellation. We couldn’t make it so an appointment was set for the following week. We saw Doctor Rodriguez and he was able to schedule a date for the operation one week before the Christmas break…wow! The service on all levels was top notch and on time. My father experienced minimal pain. Doctor Rodriguez explained in detail the process prior, during and post op in clear terms – they even took care of obtaining the hospital card. My father is 85 years old and he has been quite disabled, having lost cochlear vestibular function on both sides. So he is effectively deaf and his balance has been lost. Due to this, I was requested to be present in the operating room so I can communicate in writing any questions or comments the Doctor needed to relay to him or vice versa. Following the operation, Doctor Rodriguez followed up by telephone. He wanted to know on a scale of 1 to 10 what my father thought of the whole process. My father gave him a 10 only because he could not give an 11, as the limit was 10. Service of this calibre is hard to find and it will be remembered and appreciated for years to come. Thank you Doctor Rodriguez!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I am a 71 year old male with strong painful hernia. Searched on the internet, I found Dr. J.Rodriguez on the “Rate your doctor” site. I read 20 pages of comments, with 99% of 5 stars, I could not believe it. So I decided to meet him personally and on the 11th. September 2015 left a message on his phone. 3 days after, his receptionist called me and gave an appointment for the 14th September .On that day 10 minutes conversation with Dr.R. I made my decision to go with him for my surgery. Thanks to Mr. George Zadoyan, Dr.R’s patient, for creating this site where I found Dr. J. R., like many others did before me. After inquiring about my health and a physical check up, he told me I had an inguinal hernia on my right side and needed surgery. He explained in details the surgery and recuperation procedure which made me feel very comfortable about his abilities. He gave me all his coordinates and private cell number In case I had more questions and sent me to the hospital for Ultra sound. Because of the severity of the pain, he offered me an early date for the operation due to a cancellation and I agreed. On the 23th September the day of the surgery, he gave my local anesthesia while being reassuring. 1 hr 35 min. later, with 4 mesh patches, I was sent to my room. He came to check me, explained how to have a successful recuperation made sure I had a driver. I came and left the hospital in 4 hours later and walk on my own to the car. He called me home that night to make sure there is no fever or blood on my dressings. He called me back for the next 3 days. It was a painless operation and fast recuperation. I resumed my normal activities in 2 -3 days, full capacity in 10 days. I highly recommend Dr.R. for his caring, humane, humbleness, knowledge and surgical skills. Thank you very much Dr.Rodriguez. After 3 months I re read the total 20 pages of comments, what they say about Dr, Rodriguez is 100% accurate and true to every word. AREVSHADOUTIUN ERGAR GIANK KEZ .H.I.P.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Ggvvcss d hhzddccvvvvvvvcccvvvvvccccccccfffcccccvvcv

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Doctor Rodriguez, in my estimation, is probably the best surgeon in Canada. His specialty is hernias and if ever you needed surgery done and on your timetable with absolutely painless surgery, then Doctor Jose Rodriguez is the one. I had my left side, which was more serious, done four years ago and by following the doctor's pre and post surgery directives, I was able to recover in a very short time frame. I also needed my right side done but as it wasn't as serious so I waited until recently to see him again and select a date for surgery. Following the same doctor ordered guidelines I am recovering in a much quicker time frame. And without any pain whatsoever. Doctor Rodriguez's daily post-op follow ups shows an absolute caring about my well being and is ready at a moment's notice to see you if required. Then again that is a rarity as everything has turned out perfect. Obviously there are many good surgeons around but in my view and for the best results, there is no one to compare with Doctor Rodriguez. WRMD

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr J.Rodriquez was just the best, extremely professional

Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr J.Rodriquez was just the best, extremely professional Was recommended by my family Dr because I had to wait 2 months just to get an appointment with a surgeon First visit he diagnosed my hernia ,explained everything and made all arrangements for the operation Was out of the hospital in a couple of hours and walked to my car with my wife ( was not allowed to drive myself ) At home he phoned several times to check up , so concerned and friendly Never had to take the prescribed painkillers because there was no pain In one week I was the old boy again and could do all my activities as usual . What a nice human being , highly recommended for every one who needs hernia surgery without suffering . Thank you Dr Rodriquez HK

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

J etais anxieux au debut mais du diagnostique a l operation seulement 2 semaine suis entre debout et sorti debout 3 hr plus tard avec une liste a suivre et son tel cell Il me tel le matin et le soir tout un DOC WILBY du jamais vue merci .R A

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Jose Rodriguez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rodriguez is a graduate of the University of Medicine, Madrid, Spain.(1961) He interned at St.Mary's Hospital in 1966-1967 and did his residency in surgery and pathology at The Jewish General Hospital. St.Mary's Hospital appointed him to the hospital staff in 1971. Following his six years of training in surgery and pathology he obtained a fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He was named Chief of Surgery at St.Mary's Hospital Center in Montreal where he oversaw the department from July 1979 until 1987. As Associate Professor in the surgical department at McGill University his interests were hepatic-biliaray surgery as well as abdominal wall hernia repair. In 1976 he performed the first major hepatic resection (right hepatic lobectomy) at St.Mary's Hospital associated with the McGill University Surgical Department. He has performed surgery on a wide variety of cases but has been focusing on hernia repair, especially abdominal wall hernias since 1999.

• Spanish
  • Italian
  • French
  • English

• McGill University (Grad. 1971)

• American College Of Surgeons
  • Chief of Department of Surgery-St.Mary's Hospital Centre(1979-1987)
  • Assistant Professor of Surgery at McGill University (1980- Active)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recommended by my family Doctor Gut. Dr. Rodriguez was just fantastic, he operated on me in 2006 for my right inguinal hernia & belly button hernia at the sa..."

April 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently got operated for the second time with Dr. J. Rodriguez. the first was a right inguinal hernia a few years back and now in December 2015 my left ingui..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This comment is not to rate Dr. Rodriguez Can anybody tell me how much inguinal hernia cost at Dr. Rodriguez clinic? I called the Doctor office, but his secre..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My father recently had a hernia operation, which was performed by Doctor J. Rodriguez. He is a very professional an humble human being. My client Doctor Joh..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 71 year old male with strong painful hernia. Searched on the internet, I found Dr. J.Rodriguez on the “Rate your doctor” site. I read 20 pages of comment..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ggvvcss d hhzddccvvvvvvvcccvvvvvccccccccfffcccccvvcv"

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Rodriguez, in my estimation, is probably the best surgeon in Canada. His specialty is hernias and if ever you needed surgery done and on your timetable w..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr J.Rodriquez was just the best, extremely professional "

December 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr J.Rodriquez was just the best, extremely professional Was recommended by my family Dr because I had to wait 2 months just to get an appointment with a surg..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "J etais anxieux au debut mais du diagnostique a l operation seulement 2 semaine suis entre debout et sorti debout 3 hr plus tard avec une liste a suivre et so..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family Dr. diagnosed an inguinal hernia and told me that unfortunately the waiting time to be seen and treated in the regular hospital system would be many m..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jose Rodriguez is a briiliant, highly skilled surgeon. In addition, he is warm, empathetic, punctual, and efficient. I have had numerous surgeries with man..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dealing with Dr Rodriguez was a very pleasant experience. I got my first appointment immediately and then booked my surgery shortly after. Surgery day was quick..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was planning to go to a private Clinic in Ontario called the Shouldice clinic for hernia's but was told by a relative who works in the medical field to have m..."

August 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon, he always treats his patients with incredible care and kindness. Effective hernia operation without any pain, fastest recovery. He had the u..."

August 8, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "H1C0" to "H3T 1Y6". Address has been updated from "None" to "5450 Cote Des Neiges". Suite has been updated from "None" to "210".

July 28, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "514-345-3511" to "514-564-6327".

July 9, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.smhc.qc.ca/en/". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "514-345-3511".

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "PROFESSIONALE , SERVIZIO IMPECABBILE,PORTA MOLTO RISPETTO AL PATIENTE,PREZZO ABBORDABILE,E ASSISTENZA DOPO INTERVENTO MOLTO BUONA,GRAZIE MOLTO DOTTORE; da Mongi..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the initial visit to the follow ups Dr. Rodriguez was above all my expectations. His explanations of all the details of the procedure were very re-assuring..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodriguez'z was recommended by my company Doctor. He was available to meet me soon after I called for my appointment. Dr. Rodriguez made his diagnostic ver..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodreiguez was pleasant and very reassuring. He did the hernia surgery and 1hour later I was on my way home. He called several times to check on me. There w..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Like many that commented here, I am completely satisfied with Dr. Rodriguez's less invasive ,local anesthetic surgery and it is the way to go for a speedy rec..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodriguez is a charming person. I was looking for a surgeon who would repair my two hernias with local anesthetic, as I wanted to avoid general anesthetics..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Je suis un médecin de famille qui a été opéré il y a trois ans pour une hernie inguinale gauche et il y a cinq jours pour une hernie inguinale droite. Ces deux ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "C'était ma première chirurgie et j'étais pas mal inquiet à l'idée d'une anesthésie générale, car mon travail requiert d'être pas mal "sharp", aussi j'ai beaucou..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Rodriguez for an inguinal hernia. Surgery itself was fast and simple and recovery has been great. Four weeks later I am back to 90% of pre..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Googled my way into the golden hands of Dr. Rodriguez. Six months since my incisional abdominal hernia surgery and feeling fine with much more energy. Dr. Rodri..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery for a inguinal hernia on November 7, 2014. The surgery was easy and surprisingly painless. I left the hospital an hour after the surgery, and was..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had surgery August 2014 for inguinal hernia. Went like clockwork by this very competent surgeon. Had surgery at 8AM and had lunch at home at 12 noon. AZ"

November 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Is it possible that you or any one can brake my nose back into place with out rhinosurgry. I wasn't born like this. I want it from big to small. Please feel fre..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In June 2014 I finally dealt with an inguinal hernia I had suffered with for over 3-4 years. Dr. J. Rodriguez was knowledgeable, kind, professional, and reassur..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In Late July of this year I suffered a inguinal hernia after working out in the gym. A neighbour of mine gave me Dr.Rodriguez’s phone number explaining to me t..."

September 23, 2014