Dr. Dave Billings

Ratings for Dr. Dave Billings

He's amazing. He cares. He listens. He helps. We're lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

What a difference a new office manager makes. The phone is answered every time I call and not on the 35th time and she is courteous and empathetic, like Dr Billings. He takes his time with us and cares. His interns treat patients like numbers but he has not forgotten that we are humans with feelings and genuine concerns. Perhaps its a generation-thing.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Billings is a good doctor, especially in ER, but unfortunately this clinic is disorganized which results in a very poor overall experience. Staff does not answer phone, so it is impossible to book or change an appointment unless you drive there and do it in person. Plus you rarely get Billings, usually one of his fill ins. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I have only ever seen Dr Billings in the ER but each time I have seen him I have left being taken care of. It is refreshing to be taken care of by someone who is so respectful and empathetic. He really cares about who he is treating. One of those Drs. you know loves what he does and is meant to do it. You are in good hands with him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I received a letter this week from his office with the cost of doing business with him. I have found out that this is legal but it is certainly not morally right. I have been in the hospital and can not drive or go out until this medical device is off of me. So as I needed a renewal of my medication the pharmacist faxed the request for a renewal. And delivered it free. Today I received a bill for $17.00 for that renewal. That bill was billed even before I got the letter with the costs. When I do not need the Dr why should I have to go to his office to get it? So then he can bill OHIP for writing on a piece of paper. Never is my blood pressure take - no questions about anything - I just ask for a prescription - did you ever wonder why health care is so high? I was also told I could see his nurse and she could do the renewals - so even then I do not see the Dr - it is so I go in so OHIP can be billed. I am a senior and do not have a lot of money. I even have trouble paying the extra for drugs that the government does not pay - so now I guess the answer is - do not get my pills until I can drive to go to the Dr and get the pieces of paper. Also it is very hard to get an appointment at a time I can get there. He once told me that he did not believe in a two tier medical system - well I guess he has changed his mind and now has totally bought into the two tier system. I once believed in him but over that last few years his moral and ethics have changed - he is not the person he once was -- I wonder if he can look in the mirror and see the person so full of love and caring that arrived in Southampton not so many years ago

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

feel blessed to have him as our family doctor. Rog and Deb

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Amazing doctor. Shows genuine care and respect for his patients. Has a practical approach to issues, and explains things clearly and simply for patients. Really enjoy his approach to patient care.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Excellent. Takes time with patients. You never feel as though your taking up his time. Empathy is nice to see in this day and age. A busy man....sometimes its a wait to see him, but you know your in good hands when it counts.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Billings is very personable but as a family doctor he was very hard to see. His secretary made decisions to block seeing him, even when many requests were made. Usually I was told he was unavailable and even when it was expected that I would be seeing him, I would show up to once again be seen by an intern. It isn't right that an elderly person is expected to remember and repeat their long medical history over and over to various interns for almost all medical appointments. And follow up, if any, was usually done by a different intern so once again the full medical history had to be repeated. And the medical advice did not always coincide with the previous intern. I understand that there needs to be training but a patient should be able to have their request met to see their own doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Billings is a God Send. I have been suffering for years with Depression and he has made the past months of my life wonderful. I thank him from the bottom of my heart. Sharon D

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011