Ratings for Dr. Allan Okrainec

Dr Okrainec performed my gastric bypass in September. He is phenomenal! I have had little to no complications. My stay in the hospital was uneventful, and even though I could have been discharged the next day...he decided to wait an extra day to spare me a trip home in rush hour traffic. Truly a caring and compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This Man is short of amazing. My mother in law suffered from a HUGE hernia for years when she saw Dr Okrainec, he told her the hernia was over 85% pushed through. she is one month post surgery, hasn't felt this great in YEARS, Dr, Okrainec, you gave her a life back, I have recommended you to a friend of mine as well, thank you for helping my mom in law, and thank you for the big hug you gave her outside the meeting room, you are the best

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Great doctor, did my gallbladder surgery a few weeks ago and can't complain. Very speedy recovery (was able to go back to work in 4 days) and no complications at all. However, has just been to a post-op consult and had to leave before seen the doctor. Waited for over an hour for my SCHEDULED appointment, and when went to talk to the receptionist she was very rude saying that it was not her problem, I could either wait or just leave. Since I was already late for work I left. To be fair, it was not his regular receptionist Massy, just another woman filling in for her. Will try to reschedule my appointment when his regular receptionist comes back, but to be honest is a disrespect to the patients. I understand he is a doctor and emergencies do happen and I was not critical, but I was a doctor's office, with a scheduled appointment, not at the ER or a walk in clinic. Over an hour of waiting is just an abuse, I had to miss work for this appointment, ended up not having it, being late to work, paying a fortune on a cab and having to endure attitude for the receptionist... Great doctor, but not pontual at all and lacking staff...

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Amazing surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. Went to remove my gallbladder goes above and beyond for his patients - 5 stars!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Okrainec saw my mother in law last week, he will be doing her surgery in September, this man was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and compassionate, made us all feel very informed and realized,I would recommend him for sure, will let you know how we feel after surgery as well

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Just had my six check-up after my hiatus hernia repair. I had some serious complications to the surgery, Dr, Okrainec explained everything thoroughly, and did an amazing job. To me he is one in a million. I was truly blessed to have such a skilled surgeon work on me.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Brilliant surgeon. Highly recommend. Kool guy. Did my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Terrible surgeon. Botched my elective heribia repair and refused to acknowledge my complication. Saw his residents more than him. Would NEVER recommend this "doctor"

Submitted March 3, 2017

Brilliant surgeon!! What a great doctor and caring person. Very kind and explains every procedure and test.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Best doctor ever. He treats patients like gold, he is an example of what doctors should be in Canada, most doctors are not like him and brush you off, if Helath Canada checks his website, give the guy a raise and a prize.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016