Ratings for Dr. Jeannie MacGillvray

Dr. MacGillvrary is a top notch surgeon and the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. I can't say enough good things about her she is just plain awesome ☺

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Not only is Dr. MacGillivary an very skilled and knowledgable Surgeon, she is one of the most compassionate people that I have met in a long time...this world needs more people like her !

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Kind, compassionate, skilled and knowledgable Surgeon. Goes above and beyond for her patients. Very appreciative and thankful for everything she has done, including and following my surgery.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Thoughtfull, caring, compassionate will make the time to see you and make sure your comfortable! Very grateful to have her take care of me!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

A very skilled surgeon, professional, sensitive to fears, explains everything out so I knew exactly what to expect. Sincere and genuinely compassionate in her duties. We in the strait area are so fortunate to have such a highly skilled professional medical person in our community. Review based on an inguinal hernia repair jan 7,2013. Thank you Dr Jeannie

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

We are blessed to have Dr MacGillivary in Antigonish. I recently had surgery and she took the time to fully explain the procedure putting my mind at ease. It was successful and I am most appreciative.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

I am sorry to say,that three years ago I went into Dr.Macgillvary,for a routine operration,that almost cost me my life.after the operation I had a feeling something was wrong,but was rushed out of there,only to be back in the hospital two days later with the most unbearable pain.2wks later I was sent to Halifax to have three more operations to correct her mistake,and spent 3wks there recopperating.Her mistake and manner towards me was horrilbe making it seem that it was my fault,and that I was a making up the pain i was enduring.i can only hoped she learned from this situation

Submitted December 18, 2011

Dr. Jeannie MacGillvray is without a doubt the BEST surgeon I have ever had. She is very pleasing to the eyes, and she dresses very professional. Her voice and tone is very calming for those of you who get nervous when they see a surgeon. On that note be prepared because she is straight forward and explains everything in detail from the best case scenario, to the worst case scenario. She is honest and will not beat around the bush. She is always willing to listen and answer any of her patient’s and or their spouses’ questions or concerns which they may have. Trust me she will not rush you out the door, until you are clear on everything. Her office staff is both knowledgeable and very accommodating. (Keep in mind her assistant has many more customers to deal with than just you, so be patient and show some respect to the assistant. Besides she’s the one who books the appointments and surgery dates)

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. MacGillvray is a very professional and knowledgeable surgeon. I just completed a procedure with her - she was extremely kind and caring. She took the time to explain everything step by step. Antigonish is very blessed to have such a wonderful skilled surgeon !!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

She is a fantastic doctor! She is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner. We are very lucky to have her at St.Martha' Hospital.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011