Ratings for Dr. Mary Jane Boyd

Hope Dr. Boyd has retired by now. She is a miserable person with absolutely NO bedside manner. I scheduled an appointment because I had a bump in my private area and was really worried about it. She came in threw a speculum without even introducing herself. I told her I was told I was positive for herpes simplex 1 from when I was pregnant 8 yrs prior. She immediately said "oh yeah you have herpes." Gave the assistant a swab and gave me a wad of paper towels to clean up and walked out without saying anything else. The assistant looked so embarrassed and could tell she felt bad but I was just one out of the many she sees treated that way. I had to ask the front desk what the next steps were and was told I would get a call. I never got a call and had to call myself and they said oh I thought we had called you. I asked for the results and asked to speak with Dr. Boyd. She got on and told me I was positive. Positive for what? She said vaginal herpes. I asked what strain she said one which didn't surprise me. She had no advice other than telling me I had herpes. Regardless what my results read she made me feel like I had a disease and left it at that. If I was younger I can't even imagine how upset and scared she would have left me feeling. This lady should've retired before she started. I learned more from google: While both herpes 1 and 2 cause the same type of painful cold sore, the key difference between the two types is recurrence risk. While you can certainly get herpes 2 on your lips and herpes 1 on your labia or penis, this is mostly likely going to be a one shot deal. This is because herpes 1 prefers to be “above the belt” and herpes 2 “below the belt.” In a nut shell, herpes 1 on the genitals is far less likely to shed sporadically or give you recurrent cold sores and the same goes for herpes 2 in the mouth. They thrive best in their native habitat. That’s one of the reasons to get a lesion swabbed on your genitals, to get it typed to see if it is herpes 1 or 2. If it is herpes 1, you are far less likely to shed the virus and have recurrent outbreaks and are also less likely to transmit it to your partner. That information may just give you some piece of mind. If it’s herpes 2, there are ways to deal, and we’ll review that in another blog later this week.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

This Dr. is rude, uncaring and just not interested in me. The place is like an assembly line. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

This woman was the mosst unconcerned Dr I have ever experienced. We went to the ER and had better treatment. She was rough and so rude, that I was floored. I would nopt take my dogs back to her.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Do not use any of the physicians in this office. Boyd is the worst of them.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

She is very rude. She made me feel uncomfortable. I researched some issues I having and printed out blogs of other women having the same issues. She told me that it was wrong and the only way to fix it was medicine for scizo. I brought my boyfriend with me for support and she was rude to him when he asked questions. She is very unhelpful. I want someone who is going to make me feel comfortable with any questions I have and offer suggestions instead of turn me down and offer me no solutions.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Dr. Boyd is one of the worst physicians I have ever seen for anyone in my family. I chose this location because it was near my home and this physician because I felt a female would better understand my problem. Needless to say, I never received a diagnosis and ended up in the hospital a month later from endometrial systems which caused irregular heavy menstural bleeding leading to blood transfusions. Dr. Boyd visited me at the hospital and stated I may need a hysterctomy but she doesn't work on patients my size. Wow, wish I had known that prior to my first visit with her. Needless to say, I found another physician who realizes that my health issues were life threatening and it is more important to efficient than rude.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

The worst OB/GYN I have ever been to. She is not only rough, rude, and forgetful, but she appears to have no real knowledge of medicine. Twice now other physicians have corrected me on something she told me on very important issues. Repugnant bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Very rough exam. Told me my ovary needed to come out & why not take the other, since I was over forty and didn't need them. She scared me to death on my first visit. I went back twice after that to get my results of testing then I switched doctors. Terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

I interviewed her when I was pregnant and she was horrible. We ended up in a yelling match that my husband and I stormed out of. She should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2007

This woman prescribed my wife the Newva Wring as birth control and Imitrecs for Migraines. My wife has suffered more than any woman should as a result. These prescriptions have caused her severe anxiety and depression, dizziness, mood swings and long long list of symptoms. Only now do we discover (our fault for trusting a "doctor" and not investigating on our own) that these drugs are killing women and causing SEVERE long term side effects for those who survive. She told my wife that it is all in her head. Also that there is nothing she can do, because there is absolutely nothing wrong. Tell that to the hundreds of people who have been DESTROYED by this stuff "DOCTOR"! AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COST! She is so proud of her knowledge that she ignores the facts. She is going to get someone killed!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2007

Dr. Mary Jane Boyd's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Jacksonville Beach, FL