Ratings for Dr. Fiona O'Brien

I have found Dr. O'Brien to be very knowledgeable and caring and she always takes the time and listens to me and and that is probably why there is such a long wait. I always take a book with me and read while waiting and just take the attitude that I don't mind waiting knowing that she will take the time to discuss my health with me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Over 70 minutes late. Very disrespectful to be running so late.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Always late, I had a scheduled appointment had to wait 75 minutes for a 5 minute appointment, no apology or respect for other peoples time. Would not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr's knowledge are average. I had to seat in line for 1, 50 minutes, and appointment was very short, 5 minutes. Does not make any sense at all, to wait for a long time, and to be there just for 5 minutes, my issues are still unresolved, and I did not get any help. Not enough time to make the right diagnoses, to identify treatment, to create treatment plan. The receptionist doesn't smile, rude, never explains a reason why I had to wait for a long time. Not professional.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr's knowledge are average. Always extremely late for appointments. Does not listen, and keeps appointment very short, not enough time to name the issues and to receive medical treatment or recommendations. Receptionist never smiles, rude, does not talk and does not explain a reason why appointments are late.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I am coming for scheduled appointments and wait for two hours in line. My scheduled appointments are very short, fast, and doctor's body language shows to me that she is ready to run. She talks fast, doing everything fast and ready to leave. For someone who is retired and have plenty of time.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

She has no people skills, never smiles, never asks about your life and does not build any connection with patients. For her a patient is just a number. Knowledge is average

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Awful. Always late. Always snappy. Never apologizes. Isn't up to date with treatments or information.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Sadly, there has been a steady decline in Dr. O'Brien's service. Though I see the Dr. infrequently, when I do I find our visits predictable. She is always late and quiet frequently by as much as an hour; she doesn't even offer an apology which demonstrates a lack of respect. She appears detached, barely giving eye contact and can be quite snappy with comments. When I couldn't remember my condition from two years ago well enough to answer her question she said, "Well, if it had been that significant you would have remembered it." Suffering from a condition that left me in pain with excessive bleeding I saw Dr. twice, when things didn't change I asked to revisit Dr. due to problems. I was given date 2 weeks out. Went to clinic and then emergency both Doctors stated honestly that they did not know why Dr. O'OBrien had not referred me to an OBGYN a month ago. The medication she prescribed was said to possibly cause more bleeding and not to be used for extended time. Poor care.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

The Hilltop Medical Clinic likely dictates how much time a doctor spends with each patient and also selects the administrative staff, which may explain why doctors run late. From my experience, Dr. Fiona O'Brien is one of the better doctors in the South Surrey/White Rock area. She is a good listener, knowledgeable and never hesitant to refer one to a specialist, if and when appropriate. As she only works part-time, and support staff are seemingly disinterested in maintaining a cancellation list, the wait time to see her can sometimes be lengthy.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014