Ratings for Dr. Stanley D. Bosta

My husband has had two office visits with Dr Bosta. He is flat footed and given he works on his feet all day was in need of custom made orthotics. The first visit resulted in Dr.Bosta simply giving him a coupon for inserts at Gordon's. The customer service over there is non existent and the staff has no desire to assist you what so ever. Needless to say the $70 inserts purchased there were useless and provided no relief or support. So my husband went for a second appointment in which Dr Bosta again tried to hand him another coupon for Gordon's. My husband expressed that this was not helpful at all the first time and so he wanted custom made orthotics ( which is what he originally wanted from Dr Bosta from the beginning). Dr Bosta immediately became very snobbish and curt with my husband and walked out of the room. His assistant came in and acted in the same manner handing my husband a prescription to go elsewhere for custom made orthotics!!! However they didn't hesitate to charge him a $25.00 copay each visit. So if you're looking for a coupon Doctor, he's your guy but if your looking for a Doctor who shows concern for his patients and provides quality care /service look elsewhere!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

He operated on my toe (hammer toe surgery) in May and it has not healed and continues to be swollen with a bump larger than the bump he was supposed to remove and repair. I went for a second opinion and was informed that he never should have done the procedure he performed and that in all probability, it will never heal. My only option is to wait for another two months and then attempt to perform yet another surgery (this time in the hospital) and there will be no guarantee that my toe will ever be normal again. I am so stressed and so upset as I cannot wear a proper shoe and if I elect to have a second surgery, I will be in a boot for six weeks! Dr. Bosta yelled at me when I had the nerve to question the outcome of my surgery and told me that with attitude, my toe would never heal. I would hope that my toe would have healed with a proper surgical procedure and that my attitude has absolutely nothing to do with this disastrous result. I am horrified. I will never go back to his office and I will tell anyone who looks at my deformed toe why it looks the way it looks and how it happened. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

My son and I have both been patients of Dr. Bosta. He is excellent! He is efficient, competent, and a very good communicator. Dr. Bosta fixes problems with a minimum of fuss. Never keeps you waiting. He's the only doctor I actually enjoy seeing. Total confidence!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Bosta is the best surgeon around. He and his staff are EXTREMELY professional and give great direction from start to finish. If you listen to what they tell you pre-op, you will have no problem with your paperwork getting to your company on time, fees expected, or recovery. They are ALAWYS on time ,within 15 minutes, and the happiest doctors office I have every had the pleasure of attending.I do not know what I will do when he retires. He better train someone in his techniques , class and professionalism. Mercy South Side was a fantastic place to have the surgery, but a little pricy.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Don't ever say you are having troubles after he operates on you! If so, you're basically told to "get lost" that you're wrong and that "GOD" doesn't make a mistake! No compassion towards his patients and automatically assumes things. Had surgery almost a year ago and am still having problems that he doesn't want to hear about! Now I have to find another doctor willing to take on his mistake and hopefully correct my problem so I can have a normal life again! It's time to retire there old fella!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Always pleasant and professional. He is old school and definitely something the medical field has missing for years! He will send you thank you notes for your visits and referrals and is compassionate and knowledgable. He resolved an ongoing issue for me that I was suffering with for years. He is a very positive and caring person, as well as a great Doctor. Other physicans should take notes on how he provides not only great service and solutions to his patients, but he truly cares about your well being. He even called my son while we were on vacation to see how he was doing after his procedure, as well as sending him a card. Who does that anymore?! My whole family now goes to see him if they have issues. I highly recommend Dr. Bosta.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I couldn't have been happier with my surgery/experience. I was referred to Dr.Boats and will now never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Bosta operated on my foot to remove a bunion. He was so thorough in explaining the procedure, and his nurse Kathy contacted me twice to answer any questions I might have about the procedure. I could not ask for a more professional, kind or caring doctor.The surgery was totally successful and my follow up care could not have been better. He is fantastic as a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Called office to check on short term disability forms to turn into work. Was lectured about not following proper procedures by Kathy, the nurse. While she did write on the paperwork that there was a $10 fee for processing, my work wasn't able to get me the paperwork until about a week after my appointment. By that time, I was in a hurry to get them to Dr. Bosta and forgot about the $10 fee. A week later, I called the office only to be told that I didn't follow proper procedure nor did I follow directions to have the papers filled out. I would have been more than willing to pay the $10 earlier. It would have been nice to get a friendly reminder or a phone call by Judy who is responsible for filling out the paperwork. Now I am unsure if I will make the deadline for the work papers to be turned in on time and may need to cancel the surgery. Customer service could be improved by the office staff as a whole and by Kathy the nurse.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

This man allowed me a normal life! He diagnosed my foot problems and directed the foot surgery to fox them. 20 plus years later, I'm doing okay. Without his care, I would have been unable to walk. God bless him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Dr. Stanley D. Bosta's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Delta Dental