Ratings for Dr. Alan Weiss

Very helpful and calm I must say. I've been seeing him for the past 10 years and it gets harder and harder to get in to see him but I understand that he's a busy guy. Put yourself on the cancellation list, works everytime!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

thourough...calm..caring..explains everything well

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I had a large pseudocyst after acute pancreatitis which was completely obstructing my duodenum and making it impossible to eat or drink. He conducted endoscopic ultrasound, put in a stent to drain the cyst into my stomach, and I had immediate relief. A few days later he irrigated the cyst with another scope. I have a follow-up appointment, but I was very pleased with his skill.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Waited for months to get in They cancelled my appointment after A 6 month wait. Doctor recommended a follow Up Scan , waited 4 months never contacted. Doctor is very bright, the practice defines all the worst things u heard about medical arrogance. After more than 1 year, I have to go back to My GP for a referral to another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Very helpful and kind manner. He helped me geton the right medication for my colitis.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Weiss was very nice and comforting when he conducted an endoscopy on my wife. Being new to the city, we shared this information with him and he was nice enough to offer to recommend a GP for us. Worst staff member I've come across when dealing with people in the medical profession. I cant say you will be treated in the same nice manner Dr. Weiss treats his patients. His receptionist/administrative assistant (whatever she is) is extremely rude and very condescending when she speaks to you. Barely lets you finish your statement before she interrupts. When I told her of Dr. Weiss' offer, she immediately went off on how she's known him for a very long time and that's the first she has ever heard him say that. Well guess what!? Life is full of surprises, why don't you go and confirm with him instead of arguing with a stranger. Ridiculous! If there is any other way to get to Dr. Weiss without having to speak to her, highly recommend it!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I found him to be very patient with me and a good listner. He explained things cleary and what my options were. He always has time for me and I never feel that I am being rushed. Overall genuinely caring and friendly. I would highly recommend. I am thankful that he is my doctor. (PLUS...Staff is always being "A" one)

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Weiss by my oncologist GP 2 yrs ago for a suspected IPMN which was thought to be malignant. He performed a Endoscope and said he felt it was more 0f a psuedocyst and because he felt there was no tell tale signs of a IPMN.He instructed me to "quit drinking alcohol" even though i told him i was not a drinker (i am ndn, but don"t drink). He said i shouldn't be feeling any pain and to get off my pain meds (which i don't even take regularly). I felt discomfort after each procedure and he said i shouldn't be feeling and discomfort. Even after a couple more Endoscopes he suggested that i come back in a year, still believing that i didn't need surgery and it was a psuedocsyt and if i lose weight it would go away. Last year i had a ERCP done by another Dr. and was confirmed IPMN and that it needed to come out before it becomes malignant. I think he could be a great Dr. but he needs to improve his listening skills...and trust that a patient knows their body.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

I have been under treatment for over 10 years. I find him the most caring knowledgeable specialist I have ever known. I can safely say I own my life to him

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Weiss for 27 years. In that time I've had several Colitis attacks, he has examined me by colonoscopy about once per year and has prescribed appropriate medication when needed. I have had no problems with him, I've found him to be totally competent and concerned for my health. His manner is businesslike, but then I need a G.I. not a buddy.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012