Dr. Richard H. Fryer

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard H. Fryer

Dr. Fryer was very personable and professional. Everyone else that I met was also very friendly and professional, both the office personnel and the medical staff. Everyone that I encountered was a joy to work with. I traveled from out of town for the surgery and they were very accommodating. Dr. Fryer was very realistic and upfront in a very positive way. He thoroughly explained his reasoning for his decisions and I felt completely confident in his plan. The results are beautiful. It’s only been a week but I already look better than I could have imagined, thanks to his technique, attention to detail and vast knowledge. This had been a dream of mine for many years that Dr. Fryer and his staff helped bring to life.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Fryer recently removed my breast implants, and it is the best medical investment I have ever made. I had been experiencing pain and discomfort for years, and finally found a doctor who had the ability and wisdom to remove them for me. Dr. Fryer is wise, compassionate, and a perfectionist. I feel like I have had two sandbags removed from my chest! Minimal pain and discomfort, and I look fabulous. Highly recommend the procedure - especially with Dr. Fryer - to anyone contemplating this procedure. Worth ever penny spent.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Since I was a teenager, I wanted to be able to fill out swimsuits and bras nicely, and am so glad I finally decided to take the plunge and get a breast augmentation. I wanted to still look modest, and being 12 days post op, I am happy with my results. After hearing about the Natrelle Inspira SRF silicone implants, I was excited by the idea of getting more volume up top, having a natural look & feel, and with minimal rippling because of the optimal gel fill. My chest/breast width was measured at only 8.5cm (probably one of the smallest in existence), so when choosing an implant size, I was nervous that the selection of implants that I could choose from would be very small. I decided to go with the smallest size that this implant came in, which is 180cc, diameter 9.5cm, and projection of 4cm. With my breast width measurement of 8.5cm, the implant's diameter of 9.5cm is the largest that Dr. Fryer recommended in order to achieve a natural-looking outcome and good result. Even though I was concerned that this implant might look wide on my petite figure, I felt it was the best choice given what was available and what I was looking for. Pre-op size: 32AA or 30A barely Implant: Natrelle silicone Inspira SRF 180cc Incision: Under the muscle Post op size: Around 32B Day 1 post op: Surgery was in the morning. Not much pain, only heavy, tight, sore feeling in the chest. Took 1 percocet pain reliever pill in the afternoon and 1 at night and 600mg ibuprofen 2 times that day. I did not take any naps and had enough energy to walk around my apartment complex for about 15 minutes to get some fresh air. I experienced swelling in the chest and upper abdomen, and felt really bloated. As a side/stomach sleeper, the hardest part was sleeping on my back at an angle with tape placed under my breasts, and a surgical bra on at all times. Day 2-3 post op: Saw the doctor for my post-op and everything was OK and breasts look symmetrical. Still heavy feeling in the chest, took 1 pain reliever pill during the day, and 600mg ibuprofen 3 times a day. Still really swollen and bloated. Day 4 post op: Still a lot of tightness in the chest, did not take any more pain reliever pills, only ibuprofen 3 times a day for the rest of the first week. 1 week post op: Saw the doctor for my 1-week post op, and tape was removed! Recovery is going well, only a little swelling and tightness in the chest. Cleared to wear any bra that's comfortable, but still advised to sleep on back until end of week 3. Started breast massages 3 times a day with slight discomfort, and started scar gel application twice daily. Went to the gym for the first time in a week, and walked on the treadmill for a half hour, then stationary bike for half hour, and a little abductor and adductor machines. Felt good to start doing some exercising again. At 1.5 weeks post op now, I'm really looking forward to my breasts dropping more and becoming softer. I don't think there's anymore swelling or bloating. I tried on some of my old 32A bras which had some space and gaping before, and some of them still fit, but my breasts look really full in them now. Probably best to start buying some new bras because I think I'm a 32B now. Thrilled for the upcoming summer and to try on bikinis soon! Dr. Fryer was the only plastic surgeon I had a consultation with before the procedure, but I felt completely comfortable and confident with him (especially from reading all the positive reviews online). My biggest worry for the procedure were that the implants would look fake, and not fit my really petite frame. Dr. Fryer really listened to concerns, and shared his extensive experience and in-depth knowledge on implants for thin/petite/small figures like mine, and that made me feel that I was in the right hands.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Just wanted to reinflate what I lost through nursing. Wanted to stay within previous cup size. Dr Fryer was great at helping me understand what the procedure would entail, other doc said I needed a lift as well. Dr Fryer said I didn't and showed me where the nipple placement would be and said if I wanted it later he would go on again and just charge the cost for the procedure, nor any other fees. He also noticed by the angle of my ribcage that I would need to wear a particular bra for 3 months to keep the placement. He's discovered that just simply warring a bra day and night for 3 months severely decreases the need for reoperation in bodies like mine. Overall very thorough. My only regret was not asking more qustions about cup size to the nurses afterword. I wish I'd asked them tv's very smallest size insert they had and stated there. Or with my measurements what amount of ccs would get me to a c cup, etc. I'm really glad I brought a baggy shirt to try on so I could see how top heavy I'd look in baggy clothes. I was so scared of going too big and think I did still go a little bigger than I wanted because I thought the size I got was the lowest one they had. But I didn't ask what their lowest size was. So, my fault. All in all, super nap with tv's shape, feel, procedure was a lot less painful than anticipated and recovery was super quick.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

I waited to write this review until I was three months in. That way, I could know exactly how well I recovered. My motivation to have this procedure was purely for my own self confidence. I didn't want it to be a noticeable change to anyone (except maybe my husband). After nursing my two babies, my breast tissue was practically gone. What remained was loose and unattractive (to me). I went to consultations with several plastic surgeons, some charging $50 for a consultation. I ended up going to Dr. Fryer for many reasons. The most important ones being that he listened to what I wanted, and gave me realistic expectations. I didn't feel like I was in a sales pitch and didn't feel pressured to go bigger than I wanted. I was hoping for a Large B/Small C cup and that's EXACTLY what I got. Recovery the first 6-8 weeks was rough (since I have two young kids), but it wasn't worse than Dr Fryer prepared me for. My confidence has greatly improved now that I feel feminine again. If I could to do anything differently, I wouldn't. I can't recommend Dr. Fryer and his staff enough.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I have always been self-conscious of being very flat-chested. Nursing 5 babies didn't help either! I was curious about breast augmentation and if it would be right for me, but it was also a scary idea! I didn't think I was "the type" to get plastic surgery. I didn't want a breast augmentation that would be blatantly obvious or that would scream "boob job!" I just wanted to look good and feel good about my chest. Enter Dr. Fryer. Dr. Fryer and his entire staff were incredible to work with. I felt zero pressure from them. I felt like Dr. Fryer's biggest concern was helping me get the outcome I wanted. He explained the procedure so clearly and took time to answer my many questions. I am honestly amazed at how comfortable I have felt throughout the entire process--the consultation, the pre-op, and now the post-op visits.I went to a different doctor before deciding on Dr. Fryer. I should have saved myself the trouble. I highly recommend Dr. Fryer. I couldn't be more pleased by my results. I have a very natural look--a look that fits my body frame and is exactly what I was hoping for. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with Dr. Fryer.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

37 year old, 5,7”, 125lbs 34B mother of 5. After having all my little people my breasts just looked a little sad. For years I’ve been saying l just want 1/2 a cup size and some fullness on top so it’s not so dang hard to buy a bathing suit. And that’s exactly what i got! They look awesome, not big and attention grabbing, they just look like me pre-kids. Side note: my husband who was very indifferent about me doing, this is pretty excited about the results ;).

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

The moment I walked into Dr. Fryers office, I knew I made the right decision. His staff is top notch. Dr. Fryer has more than exceeded my expectations. I love my new body. He was honest and upfront with all my questions. He did not promise unreal results. He made sure I was comfortable with my decision to have a tummy tuck. Dr. Fryer has compassion and cares about each one of his patients. I will recommend Dr. Fryer to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

I researched plastic surgeons in the area to repair a botched liposuction procedure for many years. Finally, I decided on Dr. Fryer after 3 years of research and following his reviews. He did any amazing job repairing areas where too much fat had been removed. The results exceeded his expectations and mine.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I have been acquanted to Dr. Fryer as a client, student, and peer. His skills goes beyond cosmetic surgery. I have personally seen his abilities with trauma reconstruction. He is the only plastic surgeon I will recommend. I first sought out Dr. Fryer 4 years ago for a consultation for breast augmentation and a hernia repair. I did recieve an in office hernia repair but I was not ready to follow through with augmentation at that time. He assured me that the hesitation to commit to surgery was normal. He also said that when I was ready to just give the office a call and set up another consultation. He would be happy to answer my questions at any time. Four years later I made that call. I was ready to have my surgery. During the consultation Dr. Fryer answered my questions respectfully. Nothing I asked was outrageous. My boyfriend was concerned with the implant rupturing because I had recently taken a horrible wipeout while mountain biking. Dr. Fryer made the point of how durable the implant was by throwing it on the ground with all the strength he had. He said that only intense trauma, such as a rib punturing the implant, would cause it to rupture before the 10 year mark. He said that around 14 years the implant would be more friable. He suggests to get them replaced every 10 years. During the consultation I was able to view pictures of before and afters of other patients. Dr. Fryer performed a breast exam and took measurements to ensure I received the correct size and shape I desired. He made sure I had realistic expectations with this surgery. Which I have to say is important for anyone considering this. After he left his nurse assisted me with choosing the desired size I wanted. She consulted Dr. Fryer's measurements and recommendations with the different implants and referenced a chart. This ensured that I chose the right style of implant to fit my body shape and size. After I received a copy of forms to review that I would sign when I came in for my pre-op appointment. I also recieved information about financing. You have to pay a certain amount of money to schedule the surgery. Then you have to pay for your surgery in full before your operation. I financed my augmentation through Care Credit. The Care Credit app is easy to use. Using the app I was able to go into the office and pay for my surgey in full even before I recieved the card in the mail. This ensured I scheduled my procedure for the earliest possible date that accomadated my schedule. At my pre-op appointment I finalized my size choice, signed paperwork, and took before pictures. After my appointment I was walked over to the spa to receive my complimentary scar gel, which I would start using 1 week after my procedure. I ordered my complimentary latisse with the main office which was a promotion from the company who manufactures the implant I chose. Also, I received my perscriptions for percocet and phenergan. This way I had these medications available as soon as I was done with surgery. The day before surgery I received a call from the surgical center to arrive at 0645 the next morning. I was to not eat or drink after 2300. The morning of I arrived and signed paperwork. My responsible adult driver left his phone number and was required to stay within a 15 minute drive. I left a urine sample to test for pregnancy. I met with Dr. Fryer and we finalized paperwork, he drew lines on my chest for surgery, and he taught me post-operative care. I was able to keep on my bottoms but wore a paper top. When the anesthesiologist came in he asked me a few questions and then I followed him into the operating room. I woke up in recovery 2-3 hours later. My surgery was 1.5 hours long. I was encouraged to eat ice and eat some crackers before leaving. Follow all doctor instrutions to the T. Dont remove your tape, do your stretches, ice, keep up on pain medication, etc. I was up and moving after taking a 3-4 hour nap. The medication definitely zonked me out. I slept on 3 pillows for the first week. I had to sleep on my back. The stretches and ice help with the tight feeling in your chest. It is almost like charlie horses. I am still doing this almost two weeks later to relieve this discomfort. I went back to work 1 week after surgery. I stopped taking my pain pills around day 5 post op. After the tape was removed I had to wear a solid under shirt under my bra to prevent the seam from rubbing on the incisions. It helps alot. Around the first week my sensation came back in my breast. I honestly felt like I had the flu chills and aches but just in my breasts. I have no regrets with this surgery. The recovery was a lot easier than I expected. At 3 months I will be back in the office for final pictures. I was informed by this time the implant will have settled. I cant wait for my breasts to feel natural and not look like torpedos at attention. Currently, I look like I have a mega push up bra on.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

Dr. Richard H. Fryer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Fryer's patients have voted him as the best plastic surgeon in the entire state and rave about their experiences. Dr. Fryer has focused his practice on breast augmentation, breast lifts, body contouring, and advanced laser treatments of the face and body.

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan