Dr. Richard H. Fryer

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard H. Fryer

I researched plastic surgeons in the area to repair a botched liposuction procedure for many years. Finally, I decided on Dr. Fryer after 3 years of research and following his reviews. He did any amazing job repairing areas where too much fat had been removed. The results exceeded his expectations and mine.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I have been acquanted to Dr. Fryer as a client, student, and peer. His skills goes beyond cosmetic surgery. I have personally seen his abilities with trauma reconstruction. He is the only plastic surgeon I will recommend. I first sought out Dr. Fryer 4 years ago for a consultation for breast augmentation and a hernia repair. I did recieve an in office hernia repair but I was not ready to follow through with augmentation at that time. He assured me that the hesitation to commit to surgery was normal. He also said that when I was ready to just give the office a call and set up another consultation. He would be happy to answer my questions at any time. Four years later I made that call. I was ready to have my surgery. During the consultation Dr. Fryer answered my questions respectfully. Nothing I asked was outrageous. My boyfriend was concerned with the implant rupturing because I had recently taken a horrible wipeout while mountain biking. Dr. Fryer made the point of how durable the implant was by throwing it on the ground with all the strength he had. He said that only intense trauma, such as a rib punturing the implant, would cause it to rupture before the 10 year mark. He said that around 14 years the implant would be more friable. He suggests to get them replaced every 10 years. During the consultation I was able to view pictures of before and afters of other patients. Dr. Fryer performed a breast exam and took measurements to ensure I received the correct size and shape I desired. He made sure I had realistic expectations with this surgery. Which I have to say is important for anyone considering this. After he left his nurse assisted me with choosing the desired size I wanted. She consulted Dr. Fryer's measurements and recommendations with the different implants and referenced a chart. This ensured that I chose the right style of implant to fit my body shape and size. After I received a copy of forms to review that I would sign when I came in for my pre-op appointment. I also recieved information about financing. You have to pay a certain amount of money to schedule the surgery. Then you have to pay for your surgery in full before your operation. I financed my augmentation through Care Credit. The Care Credit app is easy to use. Using the app I was able to go into the office and pay for my surgey in full even before I recieved the card in the mail. This ensured I scheduled my procedure for the earliest possible date that accomadated my schedule. At my pre-op appointment I finalized my size choice, signed paperwork, and took before pictures. After my appointment I was walked over to the spa to receive my complimentary scar gel, which I would start using 1 week after my procedure. I ordered my complimentary latisse with the main office which was a promotion from the company who manufactures the implant I chose. Also, I received my perscriptions for percocet and phenergan. This way I had these medications available as soon as I was done with surgery. The day before surgery I received a call from the surgical center to arrive at 0645 the next morning. I was to not eat or drink after 2300. The morning of I arrived and signed paperwork. My responsible adult driver left his phone number and was required to stay within a 15 minute drive. I left a urine sample to test for pregnancy. I met with Dr. Fryer and we finalized paperwork, he drew lines on my chest for surgery, and he taught me post-operative care. I was able to keep on my bottoms but wore a paper top. When the anesthesiologist came in he asked me a few questions and then I followed him into the operating room. I woke up in recovery 2-3 hours later. My surgery was 1.5 hours long. I was encouraged to eat ice and eat some crackers before leaving. Follow all doctor instrutions to the T. Dont remove your tape, do your stretches, ice, keep up on pain medication, etc. I was up and moving after taking a 3-4 hour nap. The medication definitely zonked me out. I slept on 3 pillows for the first week. I had to sleep on my back. The stretches and ice help with the tight feeling in your chest. It is almost like charlie horses. I am still doing this almost two weeks later to relieve this discomfort. I went back to work 1 week after surgery. I stopped taking my pain pills around day 5 post op. After the tape was removed I had to wear a solid under shirt under my bra to prevent the seam from rubbing on the incisions. It helps alot. Around the first week my sensation came back in my breast. I honestly felt like I had the flu chills and aches but just in my breasts. I have no regrets with this surgery. The recovery was a lot easier than I expected. At 3 months I will be back in the office for final pictures. I was informed by this time the implant will have settled. I cant wait for my breasts to feel natural and not look like torpedos at attention. Currently, I look like I have a mega push up bra on.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I have been contemplating BA for years. I decided to get serious and spent months visiting with some local doctors getting consultations. After reading the reviews online and getting a reference I decided to go with Dr. Fryer. I can't say enough about his nurses, especially Brooke. She was so patient and kind. She answered every question I had and there were a lot! Dr. Fryer was very patient , kind, offered realistic expectations. I felt very confident and safe allowing him to perform my surgery. Dr. Fryer called me the night after my surgery to check on me. I appreciate the extra steps he takes to ensure that I was doing ok. I am just over one week post opp. Everything went very well. The follow up care I received from the entire staff was excellent. I am able to call anytime with questions. I am very happy with my results so far. I definitely recommend Dr. Fryer to anyone considering breast augmentation. Had I know what a great, easy, smooth experience this would have been I would have done it years ago! Thank you Dr. Fryer!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I can’t be more pleased with Dr. Fryer and his staff. The consultation was more thorough than I could’ve ever imagined and they talked to me as if I had known them for years. I felt more than prepared for the surgery and recovery thanks to their transparency and guidance. The results have been wonderful and I am so glad I did it! I trust Dr. Fryer’s opinion and very talented skills and have recommended him to every friend I have.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I'm a 46 year old mom of 2 boys, and after recently losing 40 pounds, I was left over with very saggy and deflated mom breast tissue I was looking to get a breast lift and implants to regain my figure. Pre-op, I measured at a BWD (Breast Width Diameter, measured by Dr. Fryer) of 11, and I measured at a pre-op bra size of 34DD. Dr. Fryer recommended no more than 345 cc implants (silicone Mentor), and he performed a lollipop breast lift. Post-op, I am measuring at a 34G bra size, which is 2 sizes up from my pre-op measurements. . . which is exactly what I figured, since 175 cc implants typically increase one cup size. Dr. Richard Fryer provided extremely professional and qualified services. The best thing my husband and I liked about him, when we went in for our initial consultation, was that he clearly and carefully explained the breast lift and implant surgery, with any potential complications, no matter how small a risk. This made us feel like he was not trying to "sell us something", rather he wanted us to be fully aware of the procedure, with its potential risks. He was also very thorough in answering our questions. In addition, because he has such a calm and intelligent demeanor, I always felt confident in his care. This was my first surgery ever, as well as my first time experiencing general anesthesia. When I mentioned my anxiety about it to Dr. Fryer, he was very reassuring in helping me know that I was in good hands, and if I were to have to have any surgery, an elective procedure like this was the best kind of surgery to have. I am so pleased with my results, and even though I experienced vomiting for 5 hours at home after surgery while the general anesthesia worked its way out of my system, and even though my body responded to the surgery with a lot of dark purple bruising (which healed nicely by week 3), and even though I kind of felt like the "Bride of Frankenstein" with my lollipop breast lift incisions, I had absolutely no complications, and am very, very happy with my results! My breast lift and implant augmentation turned out exactly as I was hoping, and I am thrilled beyond belief. Thank you to Dr. Fryer, the staff at Premier Plastic Surgery, the staff at Canyon Crest Medical, and the scar recovery gel product from Clarity Skin.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Fryer gave me exactly what I wanted! I am athletic and active and I wanted to have some nice shape to fill out my clothing. I COULD NOT be happier with my results and I am only one week out from my surgery! My recovery was a breeze I was truly not in any pain I only experienced some soreness! From the consult to the surgery both me and my husband were very impressed with Dr. Fryer! I fully trusted him to give me the look I wanted and I am so glad that I did!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I did a lot of research and had a few consultations before deciding on Dr. Fryer. During my first visit with him, he reassured me of all of my initial concerns and fears and made me feel more confident in the decision to go ahead with surgery. He was patient and took the time to answer all of my questions. His nurses and staff were so friendly and patient as well! I was very nervous the day of surgery, but again was reassured and felt comforted after speaking to Dr. Fryer and his staff. The surgical center was great and convenient that it was in the same building. Surgery went very smoothly without any complications. Recovery was easier than I expected but definitely painful. So be prepared for that. I never did have to take the Percocet prescribed, so that is good, I just took 800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours and it kept my pain under control. I felt REALLY good that night after surgery and felt like it was a breeze, the next day I even felt well enough to get up and go out with my husband to run errands, and day 2 was also pretty good, just some tightness, but I felt well enough to go to a baby shower and a bday party that night. But nobody prepared me for Day 3! The swelling was at it's maximum and I felt like I could not catch my breath! The tightness was so intense! But even after a middle of the night (Sunday) call to Dr Fryer to make sure something serious wasn't happening, he reassured me again that this was normal symptoms, but to come in first thing on Monday to have a look. I went in and everything looked great! The swelling had started to go down and the bruising was also starting to diminish. He was sweet and patient to see me and make sure I was feeling ok. My one week visit went well, after removing that super sticky tape (worst part!) He told me everything looked fantastic and my incisions were healing nicely. They gave me this great scar gel to use 2 times a day, which has already started to make a difference on my scar. I am almost to the 2-week mark, but already feel significantly better! Sleeping the first few days were rough, so prepare for that. I slept most comfortably in a recliner. Since I am a stomach sleeper, sleeping on my back really hurt my back for the first week. But I am slowly adjusting to it with the support of lots of pillows. My bruising has really diminished and my scar is looking better every day. I still get muscle spasms every once in a while since my implant was placed under the muscle, so the muscle contracts and releases after a few seconds of tightness. And have had some nipple sensitivity now that the feeling is back. Other than that, I am able to do most things that don't require lifting anything above 10lbs. I have had a positive experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Fryer and his staff for a breast augmentation. Another surgeon said I would need a lift to fix the damage of nursing twins, but after seeing Dr. Fryer he said that was definitely not the case and I am so glad I didn't go through with the lift, because I am very happy with the outcome!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

After losing 140 lbs on my own via a major lifestyle change including a drastic, permanent change in eating habits, and consistent exercise I had a pretty good amount of loose skin around my abdomen. For my own confidence (and a promise that I made myself as a reward for my hard work) I decided to have a fleur de lis tummy tuck procedure done. Dr Fryer was very friendly, and helpful in answering any questions and concerns that I had. He encouraged me to get to my current body weight before undergoing the procedure to ensure that it was as safe as possible, and to get the best results. As disappointing as it was to have to wait, it made my recovery and my results absolutely amazing! His genuine care and concern about my well-being and results were one of the factors that made up my mind to have him perform the procedure. On top of it all, his friendly and helpful staff was absolutely amazing as well. I wouldn't go back or change a thing if I could. I am overall extremely impressed with the experience and the results! If you are considering having a procedure done, I would strongly recommend Dr Fryer!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I loved my entire experience with Dr Fryer. He performed my breast augmentation and I could not have asked for a better experience. His office and staff were so welcoming. He was knowledgeable and willing to spend time answering any questions. He helped so much with sizing, he measured me and told me how big of a size would be too big for my body and I loved his opinion and recommendation because it shows he cares about helping his patients truly look and feel their best. My surgery and recovery were so much easier than I had anticipated and I am so happy with my results!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I had thought about doing a breast augmentation for a while, but the idea of doing elective surgery was very frightening for me. Dr. Fryer's staff was very understanding of my concerns, and they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I was also worried that I would be talked into a size that I did not really want (I only wanted to match how I looked in padded bras and go no bigger), but from the first moment, Dr. Fryer's main concern was what results I wanted, and then he helped me find the correct style and size range of implants that would give me the results I was looking for. My experience with Dr. Fryer and his staff was wonderful, and I would highly recommend them!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Richard H. Fryer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Fryer's patients have voted him as the best plastic surgeon in the entire state and rave about their experiences. Dr. Fryer has focused his practice on breast augmentation, breast lifts, body contouring, and advanced laser treatments of the face and body.

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Draper, UT