Ratings for Dr. Justin Chau

I have not had a better doctor than Dr. Justin Chau. He is knowledgeable and explains everything in a very humble manner. He really cares about his patients and is super down to earth. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for this man. He's the best! As background info I had to see an ENT for chronic ear infections and ended up having to have a surgery: tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy. He was very caring before and after the surgery and was able to squeeze me in for a follow up because I was an hour late ( I thought my appointment was actually at that time) everything was a blur so that was my mistake but he was able to get me in to check on me and remove my bandages and packing inside the ear and did not make me feel bad for being late or like I was an inconvenience. He was still extremely thourough and not rushed at all. I would recommend him as an ENT for anyone that requires one. All around a great experience!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

My first appointment with Dr. Chau was in 2015 and my most recent visit was last week. This recent visit I felt intimated, upset and never asked my questions or queries. He was dripping with arrogance!! Too bad I was not puking my guts out" to quote him. I will never return...

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Chau for 7 years, never had a problem. He has never been too late. Appointments are quick but he is very thorough and friendly. I have never had a problem getting an appointment to suit my needs

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Years of issues with Dr. Chau here. Contradicting himself, rushing through appointments, and generally not caring about his patients well being. He was also very rough in my ears and even pulled out one of my ear tubes without providing any freezing or numbing. I imagine it's because waiting for these to "kick in" take time that he just doesn't want to spend with patients.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I couldn't agree more: narcissist, condescending, self-centered. He is never available for his patients, he doesn't recognize his mistakes and that other doctors can do the work he does not have time to do or he doesn't do because it does not interest his career. He doesn't take the time to answer your questions or address your concerns, it's a shame he is only one of the two ear surgeons doctors in South Alberta. He doesn't deserve it. He was wrong in my diagnosis from the beginning and because his delay to see me (always in conferences, in research, etc.) I had a big infection in my ear and lost hearing. And eve so, he has the nerves to tell me that he is a very busy with his research and doesn't have the time to see me. So, if he only has time for his academic work ...

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Narcissistic, and condescending! During my first visit I received a biography of how great he was. I had a terrible ear infection with a collapsed ear drum for which he prescribed medication. After that I went every three months and each time he made me feel worse saying that I was too old for treatment (59), and should retire. After a year of seeing him he said that I could only see him again with another referral. Why would I want to? It was a waist of a year and I received nothing but verbal abuse.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Chau after a car accident that triggered tinnitus. He found him to be highly personable, repectful, thorough and efficient. I did not feel rushed. His communication skills are outstanding -- he was able to quickly appreciate my knowledge level of the issues through asking questions & he built on this in a pragmatic and constructive manner. I feel clear and more confident about the treatment path and management of this condition. I also have moderate to severe hearing loss which could benefit from hearing aids, which I have tried 2x to no success. His advice to me on this was quite valuable to me as well. Professional office, on time & clearly competent . Left feeling grateful to have had such a high quality experience.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I just had my first visit with Dr. Chau. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and after I filled out the form I only had to wait about 5 minutes before I was brought to the examining room. I only had to wait for a couple of minutes until he came in to the room. Dr. Chau greeted me warmly with a handshake and a smile, and I was immediately at ease. He was friendly and professional, and I really felt like he viewed me as a partner in my own care-- this is really important to me, having worked in a hospital setting for 12 years and knowing what a difference it makes. After examining my ears, we discussed my past history of ear trouble and the surgeries I have had, and proceeded to talk about options to improve my hearing. Previously, other ENTs I had seen in past years had told me that hearing aids were the only thing they could offer, but Dr. Chau totally identified what my ear surgeries had entailed 30 years ago, and is willing to look at the possibility of performing day surgery to improve upon what was previously done, given that there is new and improved technology available, and of course, his expertise. I'm looking forward to seeing him again, and if my family and friends need to see an ENT I wold want them to see Dr. Chau.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Never available

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

He is incredible. His staff are fantastic. I am incredibly grateful to all of the team. Absolutely amazing

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016