You may also like

Rate Dr. Justin Chau

Dr. Justin Chau's Ratings

I saw this doctor for a second opinion on my deviated septum and I am so glad that I did.
He performed a septoplasty BUT he used hollow stents to keep the nose straight (5 days in total). These stents allowed a bit of drainage and some breathing and this is a HUGE advantage to full nose packings that the previous doctor wanted to use for 7days. I have had these before so I know the difference.
Highly recomended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

The underlying motive seemed to point to a strong desire to pull out the knife and operate. Otherwise, move on elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2863246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I began losing my hearing in my early 30s and Dr. Chau was able to diagnose the problem. Although surgery was unsuccessful,l found him extremely caring and compassionate. He is extremely knowledgeable and I always felt well cared for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Narcissistic, huge ego, condescending and doesn't listen to anything a patient has to say regardless. A horrible medical experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Mr. Chau is the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. And he is at the peak, apart himself from other doctors many miles away in terms of worseness. He plays his ego to the extreme, not listen to the patient at all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

He has a huge ego and basically doesn't like to listen the patient and their concerns. I left his office with out an explanation what is happened with my ear. He just guessed and doesn't look like interested about find a solution.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2592826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Finally after slowly losing hearing through 20's and early 30's I have an answer and it is surgery correctable!! Dr Chau was wonderful as were his staff. Took about 3 months to get in but he was off on summer vacation for a chunk of that. Surgery booked in Sept 8 for Dec 10. Excellent in my opinion for elective surgery. Risks and complications as well as alternatives clearly stated (I am a nurse so this is a biggie with me). Initial appointment including audiogram, dr consult, surgical prep discussion took 2 hours but I wasn't sitting around too much. My only suggestion is for the love of god get some magazines! All there were was 1 lonely magazine the rest was mind numbing trade mags for plastic surgery from the other Dr. Not exactly a deal breaker though lol.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2540053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

very good preliminary visit with an informative examination of my nose and ear. cat scan recommended, so more tests and decisions to be made. took the time to answer my questions, and i did not feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Very little help, I think he was just guessing and had no real conclusion as to what was going on. MRI said normal but ringing is there with something physical in my ear canal. He gave me very little time to discuss my concerns. He had a female doctor present, no approval from me. It seemed he was showing off more than trying to help. Mentioned something about covering his ears for protection when he's shooting the 9mm, I just agreed. Not impressed, I waited 6 months to see him and less than 15 minutes later I was leaving the building with no real evidence as to why my ear is ringing so much.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2444814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Chau was the most dedicated, knowledgeable, personable and professional specialist I have met in the Calgary Health region within the last 10 years.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1193833].votes_count ]]