You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Roy W. Bankhead

His staff was amazingly sweet him on the other hand not! I had to have surgery to break up a kidney stone and a few days after I started having really bad pain again like It was when I went to the ER and they found the stone. I called the ER first because I was afraid something was wrong and I didn't want the pain getting worse. They paged him because he was on call and I waited for his call. Yes it was 1am at the time and I know he got woke up BUT he is getting paid a good bit to be on call! When he called me he was completely rude he made sure I knew I had woke him up then told me pain was somewhat normal didn't even ask me any questions about what was going on then asked if I had an appointment that week. I informed him no he had set me up for one in two weeks to take out the stent he put in and he "huffed" and told me to just call in the morning and he would take the stent out in two days. Glad to know I paid money to such an uncaring Doctor. As a nurse if I treated my patients like he treated me I would be ashamed! I would not recommend him at all. Find a doctor who is kind and will take the time to listen to you! It was not just a little pain it was worse than the pain I had after my csection 6 weeks prior! So ya dealing with that pain and taking care of a newborn then dealing with such an inconsiderate person not a good night. Thankfully I went to someone else who was able to figure out there was another big stone and able to help.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Bankhead fours years ago and have had nothing but the best care. Great Doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I was worried when I read the reviews for Dr Bankhead but decided to follow through with my referral and give him a chance. I'm glad I did! He was very nice as well as his nurse. They took excellent care of me and answered all of my questions. Fortunately my procedure didn't result in any abnormal findings. If I need a urologist in the future I will use Dr Bankhead again.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I have to agree the staff is very rude. The waiting time is ridiculous. At times, I think he doesn't know what he is saying or doing.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

DR. Bankhead diagnosed my prostate cancer when another Urologist failed to. He saved my life with his surgery skills. He is a very caring and smart doctor. He took the time to explain all my options to me. I am now a prostate cancer survivor. Best urologist in Oklahoma!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Bankhead is a great Docter. He saved my life after he diagnosed my cancer. He did a wonderful job with my surgery.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2008

Incompetent - said I "might" have cancer, but wanted to "wait & see". Luckily for me, I didn't wait but got a second opinion from a fine surgeon who saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Dr. Bankhead was my urologist for several years while in Lawton. He was able to diagnose and treat my urologic problems after several other urologists had failed. He took the time to actually listen, and I found him easy to talk to. I was very disappointed that he left the Lawton area.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2007

Dr. Bankhead correctly diagnosed the sources of my recurring UTIs and prescribed a course of treatment that has kept it in-check (1 occurance) in 2 years. He works out of an office with Urology Associates. I find these offices chaotic and anxity inducing.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Dr. Bankhead succussfully diagnosed my illness when every other doctor, including my general practitioner, misdiagnosed me and gave me the wrong medications. Because of Dr. Bankhead's care, I feel much better and can live as close to a normal life as possible. I did not need any kind of surgery, but the medications he prescribed for me helped me immensely. Definately one of the better doctors I have been to in the Oklahoma City area, and that is saying something because I have seen some awful ones here.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2006

Dr. Roy W. Bankhead's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Veterans Administration

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "His staff was amazingly sweet him on the other hand not! I had to have surgery to break up a kidney stone and a few days after I started having really bad pain ..."

October 6, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=9349'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014