Ratings for Dr. Irina Lokshina

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

I have been a patient for 14 years. The first time I saw her I was in severe pain 7x24 and all other doctors said there was nothing that could be done other then to just drug me up until I could not even hold a conversation. Dr Lokshina took the time to find a treatment plan that not only works but has few side affects. SHE CARES!! Yes it is true that she can be hard to understand but this barrier is worth overcoming.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I am a health care professional for 40+years...words cannot describe how horrendous my experience with this doctor was....rude, nasty, no respect for my personal info, defensive...my chronic pain is a result of 4 spinal surgeries...refused to look at MRI's & corresponding reports...stated her knowledge was so great she did not need them to treat...accused me in public of having an unacceptable drug in my urine but could not tell what it was...not going to continue because it only got worse...left practice.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

This Dr. is rude, and talks down to you. It is very difficult to understand her, she doesn't give you a chance to speak. I am sure she has to be very careful of whom she prescribes meds to and who she doesn't, but I think you can do that in a professional manner without sounding so rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

I have been a pt. of Dr L for over 10 years. She has become like a second mother to me. When I was in a car accident at age 18 and fractured my back, she was the anaesthes. during my 8 hour back surgery in which the Dr doing the surgery did not inplant the titanium cage properly. As a result I have suffered from severe back pain for years. She put me on medication for the pain & yes we have had our arguments when I feel that the medicine she gives is not enough or not working but I believe she has her patients best interests at heart. I am addicted to this medication and she does not want that to happen to people, she wants to help ease your pain but learn to deal with it, manage it in more healthy ways then drugs and not rely on it for life. She can rush at times but she sees so many patients. With all the people abusing pain medicine & selling it illegally what choice does she have then to be extra careful? If you have a serious condition see her but bring proof & she will help you!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

There is a language barrier when working with Dr. Lokshina. It was obvious she had difficulty understanding everything, as she looked to her medical student to clarify. She is, understandably, jaded by the large number of people seeking pain medication for less then valid reasons. What this means for your care, is that until you prove otherwise, you will be treated like a drug seeker. She does not seem to believe her patients easily, nor does she take the time to fully explain the medications and procedures she recommends. I have undergone a number of procedures now with this doctor, I will not be going back. I do not believe this doctor will be able to work with me in an active and inclusive fashion, and for me that is key to good care. If you like a very paternalistic style of medicine, Dr. Lokshina will rock your world. I think that is as fair and balanced as I can get.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

I switched to this doctor because of change in my health insurance. she refused to give me the same treatment that i had been getting for 2 years that has worked for me. I had to wait 3 months for my first appt. to be told this. I dont know if its true but someone explained to me that was the way she got out of treating patients with medicaid insurance. guess she forgot to take the "drs. oath"

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

I found this doctor to be rude, dismissive and entirely lacking bedside manner. I went to her for help managing pain on my obgyn's referral. Not only did she not help me, but to add further insult to injury she insinuated that my pain, which is legitimate, was all in my head. She advised me to get off of the current pain meds I am on by reducing the number I was taking gradually and to not stop taking them abruptly. When I explained that my doctor had only given me enough medication to make it to the appointment she told me she would absolutely not under any conditions write me any prescriptions and that I would have to go to my other doctor. Her specialty is pain management. She ignored all of my complaints, wrote me a list of medications she felt I needed and summed up everything about me and my life in half an hour without even listening to me. I would never reccommend that anyone choose this doctor, not unless they want to waste their time, money and be insulted.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. Irina Lokshina's Credentials

• Odessa Med Inst, Odessa, Ukraine (Grad. 1978)

GHI