Ratings for Dr. Robert Schweigel

I did not have to wait for a long time to see him, which is key for me. He was pleasant, polite and explained my condition in way I could understand. I wish I had seen him earlier. that was my first visit. Keep up the great work.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Just an excellent surgeon. Did my hip replacement and what a superb job.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I was first inttroduced to Dr. Schweigel when I (stupidly) pulverized my tibia. He completely and perfectly fixed my tibia. Since then I have injured my knee too many times to count and everytime I go back to have a consultation with him he is patient but clear and concise with his diagnosis and advice going forward. I would highly recommend him. Not to forget... Annette the Doctor's assistant is amazing!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I was highly recommended to see Dr. Schweigel three years ago for Osteoarthritis in my knees. I found the Doctor to be kind, caring and knowledgeable. Every three months I saw him at Jim Pattison for steroid shots in both my knees. Last year, I was finding that the shots were not as effective at which point he sent me for updated XRays and sure enough they had deteriorated even more. He recommended that I consider the total knee replacement starting with my left knee. I was devasted, shocked and just had a hard time accepting that fact. He didn't pressure me and said that he will sign the request for surgery, and for me to take it home and think about it, and then to return the form signed if I decide. I agreed to that. He went to his office to get the form and while he did that, I was visibly shaken and his receptionist was very calming. She spoke very highly of Dr. Schweigel and she said is one of the most caring and genuine orthopedic surgeon i will find. Dr. Schweigel came back with the signed form and I left his office. By the time I walked to the elevator, he came after me and asked if I was ok. He double checked my XRay and said that both my knees are bad and both need the surgery. I was so moved by his concern of me. Two weeks later I was due for my shots and when he saw me, he said he had been thinking about me and wondered how I was. So blown away. I had my left knee replaced May 28, 2015, and all went very well. This year, May 12, 2016 was my right knee. I've had several follow ups and I just adore this Doctor. High Five to you Dr. Schweigel!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr Schweigel performed my hip replacement surgery in April this year at SMH. Before the surgery I was in terrible chronic pain at a very young age just over 50. Dr Schweigel went through the pro's and con's about having this done at a young age and helped me make the best decision for me at the time. His staff pushed to get me in as soon as possible once I made my decision and were wonderful throughout the process. Dr Schweigel did an amazing job of the surgery. After one hour and 20 minutes and 3 days in SMH I went home absolutely pain free on the left side. I had a new lease and outlook on life right after the surgery. I could not have hoped for a better outcome even with my best prayers. He is a great surgeon, a miracle worker. I would recommend him as one of the best young surgeons on the planet. Robert thank you and your amazing staff and SMH for the fine care I received. I have been able to toss my cane in the trash. Maybe golf is back in my future next spring. Thank you again. May god bless all of you in this life and the next. Brent M Kellogg

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Can't thank Dr Schweigel enough for his expertise in replacing my hip. After so long unable to walk, it's like being given a new lease on life. Pleasant and courteous with it :) what more could one ask in a surgeon?

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

This doctor is brilliant and I feel so lucky that he was on call when I broke both my wrists in 2002. My right wrist was a simple fracture that only required a cast. My left wrist was badly of line and with my osteoporotic bones I was told I could only expect about and 85% recovery of use and that I would probably get arthritis in the joint. It was almost 11:30 p.m. before Dr. Schweigel could get a free operating room and operating late at night after a full days work it outdid himself. He set the bone in my left wrist perfectly and held it in place with an external rod. They threw me out of physio when I had 95% movement in both wrists and today I would say they are 100% healed. When a friend asked me how my wrists were doing a few years ago I stared blankly. It took a minute for the penny to drop, I had completely forgotten they were ever broken. It now 13 years and so far no sign of any arthritis. To me he is a miracle worker.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I read some negative comments about SMH in local nespapers, so it´s small wonder, that I went for my hip replacement with certain trepidation. It was my first stay in hospital in my life and I´m 75. I found Dr. Schweigel to be an excellent surgeon who did a great job and the staff was very professional and polite. I was able to walk to the washroom just few hours after the operation and I´m doing great progress and the pain is gone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

He performed surgery on my knee twice. He repaired the tear in my medial meniscus. He and his office take good care of their patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I tore the cartilage in my knee. The surgery went fine but due to bad advice from this doctor, I tore it again. This time there was also another injury which he did not tell me about even though I complained about it many times. In the second injury I had also dislocated some other bones in my leg and he did know what I was complaining about. When I mentioned my injury to my naturopath he knew exactly what the problem was and reset it and the pain went away immediately. It took him all of 2 minutes to do. Dr. Schweigel didn't have a clue or didn't want to tell me. I recommend that anyone with a torn cartilage should first visit a good Prolotherapist. He can mend cartilage without surgery. Cartilage can heal itself, it just needs a bit of help and that is where Prolotherapy comes in.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011