Ratings for Dr. Philip Teal

Dr. Teal'so vast knowledge has kept me going for over 25 years. A Kinder more knowledgeable doctor would be hard to find

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr.Philip Teal was my first direct contact with a VGH neurologist abt 18 months as a result of a pretty nasty stroke. He was kind,respectful,funny at the right time and his bedside manners were 100% compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Teal is an excellet doctor who spent a great deal of time and concern diagnosing my condition. It is a fairly rare genetic disease and he has been very helpful and concerned with my health as this disease is not curable at this time. I am very pleaased and lucky to haave him as my neurologist

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Teal took his time with me and was empathetic, knowledgeable and helpful despite limited knowledge about my rare condition (most doctors have never heard of my condition).

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Teal is knowledgeable and his staff was kind and caring.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I am grateful for Dr. Teal's thoroughness, patience and great skills. His staff was kind and caring.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

intelligent, kind and compassionate..... willing to spend time and be thorough

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Very pompous and had no interest in listening to what I had to say. My issues are not stroke related so perhaps he only is interested in those cases. My family doctor recognizes I am having issues and has referred me to someone else. He was over 1.5 hour late for an 11am appointment. Definitely not worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

I was very impressed with phillip teal's work as a neurologist at VGH and their stroke clinic. He treated my father after having a stroke. Dr. Teal is courteous, professional, patient and very knowledgeable. He has a good bed side manner. I would go no further than Dr. Phillip Teal if you have any issues. His nurses at the neurology ward all speak very highly of him too. To me this speaks volumes. Immediately, he treats everyone with respect. He is one of the very best neurologists in BC and was the person who brought the clot buster to BC. This Doctor deserves recognition and respect. if you have the opportunity to get Dr. Teal as a patient rest assured you are in the very best hands. I am grateful for Dr. Teal's thoroughness, patience and great skills. He is not only a good doctor but also appears to be a very good teacher towards his residents at VGH. Thank you Phillip Teal.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

This is my third attempt at rating Dr. Teal; don't know why earlier two were not accepted, as this is a very positive submission. Well, one cannot ask for a better neurologist than Dr. Teal. With me he was swift and decisive in his decision, as well as warm, caring, concerned, and not rushed. Thank you Dr. Teal for saving me from a possible stroke, by swiftly arranging for vascular surgery with Dr. Salvian - June, 2011. When it is an emergency, Dr. Teal not only moves swiftly into action, but 'moves mountains' for the benefit of his patient; in this case, myself. I hope you will be there for me for my right carotid surgery! P.S. Dr. Teal loves talking about German Shepherd dogs!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012