Ratings for Dr. Ralph Belle

Dr Belle has poor bedside manners and is not very professional. He rushes through the appointment and does not take the time to answer your questions. He is rude and arrogant and is a poor surgeon. Before my ankle surgery I had some pain but after the surgery the pain increased 200%. After I went to see him, he said I had to live with the pain. Hence I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Ralph Belle did total knee replacements on both of my knees in 2016. I found that he always explained the procedure and answered any questions that either I or my wife had. Dr. Belle was a pleasure to deal with in his office, in the hospital following both surgeries and during post operation follow-up. I always felt supported by Dr. Belle, never felt that I was asking a silly question and never felt rushed during any interactions. I felt fortunate to have been treated by a very competent and caring surgeon. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Ralph Belle and his competent team at Burnaby Hospital to friends or family. On another note it is always a pleasure to deal with a professional who looks like he is just returning from a GQ photo shoot.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

The staff In the office are friendly, answer your calls almost immediately, and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I was first referred to Dr Belle after fracturing my shoulder in 3 places. Surgery was a consideration , but thankfully, due to his patience and close follow-up, it wasn't necessary. He took the time to explain everything, and to answer any questions or concerns. I am grateful for his support through this journey and can't say enough good about this highly skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Belle replaced both of my hips and reconstructed my right foot. Thanks to his surgical skill and encouragement during rehabilitation I have now regained lost mobility. As I went through each surgery I found his office staff to be patient and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I had surgery with doctor Belle last year , and his surgery did nothing for me. He has been completely rude to me every visit I have seen him. I highly recommend seeing a different surgeon if possible. This guy is highly paid and has no consideration for his patients

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I had the pleasure and opportunity of being treated by Dr. Belle for both of my knees. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer all of the questions posed to him from my wife and I regarding all of our concerns prior to treatment/surgery. He was extremely, patient, honest, sincere and had a great attitude. His professional opinion differed from the first orthopedic surgeon I had consulted, and he provided me with a different evaluation and course of treatment which was extremely appropriate and successful for my injuries. His after care attention to detail and compassion was excellent. If you have the opportunity to be referred to Dr. Belle, you are extremely fortunate to have such a caring and knowledgeable Dr. for your treatment/surgery. HIs pre op, post op care and follow up consults/appointments are excellent.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Ralph Bell is extremely polite, professional and a great surgeon. I had ACL knee surgery a week ago and recovering very quickly.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

He got it completely wrong with me. I injured my knee and I didn't know what was damaged, MCL or ACL. I went to a physiotherapist and they said my ACL was fine and I had just partially torn my MCL. I was sent to Ralph Belle by my GP, and not only is he rather rude, he seemed annoyed and in a hurry. He quickly tugs on my leg twice and declares that my ACL is completely torn and gone, and provides proof by saying "See your knee shouldn't move like this if you still have an ACL". This was a shocker to me and didn't sound right, so I get a third opinion from another Ortho who confirms that my ACL is fine and that it was my MCL that was damaged. Later I had my knee scoped to clean up the torn meniscus and confirmed my MCL was healing and my ACL was undamaged. Why is Mr Belle an ortho if he won't even take the time to competently diagnose a problem?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Excellent Orthopaedic Surgeon !! I found Dr. Belle informative, professional and caring. Dr. Belle operated on my foot and I am on my way to a speedy recovery. He has relieved the pain of walking and I am very Thankful that I was referred to Dr. Belle. His bedside manner was reassuring and gentle. He explained the surgery and the after care very thoroughly - Greatly appreciate it - Thank you - Highly recommend Dr. Ralph Belle !!!! Excellent Orthopaedic Surgeon !

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012