Ratings for Dr. Ralph Belle

Botched first surgery, when had a second surgery to fix the issues, was told on three seperate occasions recovery would be 2 weeks, inmeadiately after survery was told 8 weeks.

Submitted March 25, 2018

Wonderful surgeon, results have been fantastic, couldn’t recommend him more . His clinic is great with a super friendly staff. Dr. Belle explained things totally.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Cold, absolutely no bedside manner, he's in the wrong profession. Maybe garbage removal would suit him better he won't have to talk to people. If your in pain go see someone else! I would never recommend him. I was in exam room approx. 5 minutes he did not have my MRI or my X-Rays nothing came in with a pad of blank paper! Did not go over my file explain what is causing my knee to swell. Causing many ER visits. He's an absolute nightmare arrogant with his nose in the air....not sure why? Rather than feeling some sort of relief or comfort with finally seeing this doctor I feel worse.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Very knowledgeable staff really good Dr Belle saw me fast , I HAD to lose 50 lbs which helped me get going which has helped me get it together . Now I need a new knee

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

What an absolute nightmare of a specialist. Waited 14 months to hear that all I needed was to give up the things I have loved doing my whole life, that I should never have been playing or doing the sports I did because of high arches and that loosing weight and strengthening therapy was my only solution. The reason I gained so much weight was due to injury. I am going to find an alternative with better bedside manners and a more positive outlook. The idiot did not even request a follow up in 3-6 months. No better than the school janitor looking at my foot

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I had to have two bunion operations, the first one left me with constant pain and all he could suggest was orthotics. I did that but still have pain today, 6 years after the surgery. The second one ended up being exactly the same as before the surgery so that was 4 months off work, a general anaesthetic, hobbling around on crutches for weeks and for what? My foot looks and feels exactly the same as before the surgery. What a waste of time. I am now on the wait list to see another orthopedic surgeon to see whether he can do something to help me.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Belle has poor bedside manners and is not very professional. He rushes through the appointment and does not take the time to answer your questions. He is rude and arrogant and is a poor surgeon. Before my ankle surgery I had some pain but after the surgery the pain increased 200%. After I went to see him, he said I had to live with the pain. Hence I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Ralph Belle did total knee replacements on both of my knees in 2016. I found that he always explained the procedure and answered any questions that either I or my wife had. Dr. Belle was a pleasure to deal with in his office, in the hospital following both surgeries and during post operation follow-up. I always felt supported by Dr. Belle, never felt that I was asking a silly question and never felt rushed during any interactions. I felt fortunate to have been treated by a very competent and caring surgeon. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Ralph Belle and his competent team at Burnaby Hospital to friends or family. On another note it is always a pleasure to deal with a professional who looks like he is just returning from a GQ photo shoot.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

The staff In the office are friendly, answer your calls almost immediately, and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I was first referred to Dr Belle after fracturing my shoulder in 3 places. Surgery was a consideration , but thankfully, due to his patience and close follow-up, it wasn't necessary. He took the time to explain everything, and to answer any questions or concerns. I am grateful for his support through this journey and can't say enough good about this highly skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016