Ratings for Dr. Ralph Belle

What an absolute nightmare of a specialist. Waited 14 months to hear that all I needed was to give up the things I have loved doing my whole life, that I should never have been playing or doing the sports I did because of high arches and that loosing weight and strengthening therapy was my only solution. The reason I gained so much weight was due to injury. I am going to find an alternative with better bedside manners and a more positive outlook. The idiot did not even request a follow up in 3-6 months. No better than the school janitor looking at my foot

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I had to have two bunion operations, the first one left me with constant pain and all he could suggest was orthotics. I did that but still have pain today, 6 years after the surgery. The second one ended up being exactly the same as before the surgery so that was 4 months off work, a general anaesthetic, hobbling around on crutches for weeks and for what? My foot looks and feels exactly the same as before the surgery. What a waste of time. I am now on the wait list to see another orthopedic surgeon to see whether he can do something to help me.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Belle has poor bedside manners and is not very professional. He rushes through the appointment and does not take the time to answer your questions. He is rude and arrogant and is a poor surgeon. Before my ankle surgery I had some pain but after the surgery the pain increased 200%. After I went to see him, he said I had to live with the pain. Hence I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Ralph Belle did total knee replacements on both of my knees in 2016. I found that he always explained the procedure and answered any questions that either I or my wife had. Dr. Belle was a pleasure to deal with in his office, in the hospital following both surgeries and during post operation follow-up. I always felt supported by Dr. Belle, never felt that I was asking a silly question and never felt rushed during any interactions. I felt fortunate to have been treated by a very competent and caring surgeon. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Ralph Belle and his competent team at Burnaby Hospital to friends or family. On another note it is always a pleasure to deal with a professional who looks like he is just returning from a GQ photo shoot.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

The staff In the office are friendly, answer your calls almost immediately, and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I was first referred to Dr Belle after fracturing my shoulder in 3 places. Surgery was a consideration , but thankfully, due to his patience and close follow-up, it wasn't necessary. He took the time to explain everything, and to answer any questions or concerns. I am grateful for his support through this journey and can't say enough good about this highly skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Belle replaced both of my hips and reconstructed my right foot. Thanks to his surgical skill and encouragement during rehabilitation I have now regained lost mobility. As I went through each surgery I found his office staff to be patient and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I had surgery with doctor Belle last year , and his surgery did nothing for me. He has been completely rude to me every visit I have seen him. I highly recommend seeing a different surgeon if possible. This guy is highly paid and has no consideration for his patients

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I had the pleasure and opportunity of being treated by Dr. Belle for both of my knees. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer all of the questions posed to him from my wife and I regarding all of our concerns prior to treatment/surgery. He was extremely, patient, honest, sincere and had a great attitude. His professional opinion differed from the first orthopedic surgeon I had consulted, and he provided me with a different evaluation and course of treatment which was extremely appropriate and successful for my injuries. His after care attention to detail and compassion was excellent. If you have the opportunity to be referred to Dr. Belle, you are extremely fortunate to have such a caring and knowledgeable Dr. for your treatment/surgery. HIs pre op, post op care and follow up consults/appointments are excellent.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Ralph Bell is extremely polite, professional and a great surgeon. I had ACL knee surgery a week ago and recovering very quickly.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014