You may also like

Rate Dr. James Cha

Dr. James Cha's Ratings

I was told by his secretary that he is a cardiologist and an internist. His card says cardiology on it so I asked him specifically, as I needed to see one after a diagnosed heart attack. He told me that he was not a cardiologist, and his secretary was surprised by this when I mentioned it on the way out. She had originally encouraged me to cancel an appointment I had with a cardiologist because she said Dr. Cha was more qualified. Good thing I did not do that. Dr. Cha told me that I did not have a heart attack, but could not explain whey I tested positive for one and was in the ICU cardiology department for four days. I asked him what I should do if I get chest pain and all the symptoms of heart attack again. He said I should "do nothing".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I had my first appointment today and found Dr Cha to be very pleasant. He was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. He was non-judgemental and very professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

Dr. Cha is very efficient and careful to details. I have found him courteous and most importantly timely in having tests done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

This Doctor saved my life. If you want bedside manners than then get some old Oprah tapes and watch those. Dr. Cha is very knowledgeable, takes consise dictation of every appt. and is highly respected by family practitioners. If you're fat and overweight or a smoker and this attributes to your condition you need to be told so, and since these are self inflicted, perhaps even scolded. If so, you've come to the right Doctor. Good on him for telling it as it is. Excellent staff, and they run a very tight ship for a very busy office. I like my medical findings not wrapped in candy floss. If you are the same, Dr. Cha comes with the highest recommendation from me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1196295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196298].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 14, 2011

Anyone who has seen this doctor and has had a bad experience probably would have had a bad experience with any doctor - if you are fat you are fat - its his job to tell me what I need to hear and tell me what I need to do. He does care, he will tell you the truth and if you can't handle it, jump in the big black hole!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I find Dr Cha very knowledgable and will answer questions. I find him straight to the point - which is good. So what if he is like House except Dr Cha does not need till 5 minutes left in the appointment to figure it all out. He is all business and no play. I am looking for a Doctor to handle my health - not Patch Adams

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

I had Dr. Cha as my Internist for a few years. At first, I found him to be very serious and abrupt. As I got to know him more, I realized that he really does care about his patients and their progress. I think he did his best for me. Since I have moved, I am not receiving the same care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

Dr Cha really got the ball moving and did not waste time, he was to the point and make sure I got proper medical care, he did not try to keep me in the hospital because that is easier for him. He spent time calling around to local hospital to get my medical treatment faster and because of that I had a great recover.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2010

Put me on more medication, sent me to the dietician who suggested that I eat 1/4 bagel and 1/2 banana as a whole meal. Put me on Meridia (now withdrawn from market) when I was on antidepressants (total contraindication) which he knew because he had the bottle in his hand. Waste of time and rude to boot.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1196290].votes_count ]]