Ratings for Dr. James Cha

Dr Cha was extremely knowledgeable, he made sure that my test were done quickly and that I did not stay in the hospital longer then needed. Once, I was release from the hospital, his staff organize all of the follow up. I was so happy to deal with staff that was caring and experienced. It was pleasure to be able to have all of my test done in one office.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Absolute worst experience ever. My time with this doctor has caused me more stress than it was worth. He has the absolute worst staff I have ever dealt with. They don't communicate at all and they are so confusing. I am usually very calm and understanding but they make me so frustrated. They never get my appointment dates right and just book me appointments without even telling me and never even call for reminders. The office is disgusting and small and it's always squished. I went for an appointment and they told me I was done so I left but then they phoned me five minutes later asking me to come back and that I wasn't done. They have zero organization skills. I am beyond fed up with them and they play the same stupid movie everytime I'm waiting in the dingy little waiting room.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I was told by his secretary that he is a cardiologist and an internist. His card says cardiology on it so I asked him specifically, as I needed to see one after a diagnosed heart attack. He told me that he was not a cardiologist, and his secretary was surprised by this when I mentioned it on the way out. She had originally encouraged me to cancel an appointment I had with a cardiologist because she said Dr. Cha was more qualified. Good thing I did not do that. Dr. Cha told me that I did not have a heart attack, but could not explain whey I tested positive for one and was in the ICU cardiology department for four days. I asked him what I should do if I get chest pain and all the symptoms of heart attack again. He said I should "do nothing".

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I had my first appointment today and found Dr Cha to be very pleasant. He was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. He was non-judgemental and very professional.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Cha is very efficient and careful to details. I have found him courteous and most importantly timely in having tests done.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

This Doctor saved my life. If you want bedside manners than then get some old Oprah tapes and watch those. Dr. Cha is very knowledgeable, takes consise dictation of every appt. and is highly respected by family practitioners. If you're fat and overweight or a smoker and this attributes to your condition you need to be told so, and since these are self inflicted, perhaps even scolded. If so, you've come to the right Doctor. Good on him for telling it as it is. Excellent staff, and they run a very tight ship for a very busy office. I like my medical findings not wrapped in candy floss. If you are the same, Dr. Cha comes with the highest recommendation from me.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Submitted June 14, 2011

Anyone who has seen this doctor and has had a bad experience probably would have had a bad experience with any doctor - if you are fat you are fat - its his job to tell me what I need to hear and tell me what I need to do. He does care, he will tell you the truth and if you can't handle it, jump in the big black hole!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I find Dr Cha very knowledgable and will answer questions. I find him straight to the point - which is good. So what if he is like House except Dr Cha does not need till 5 minutes left in the appointment to figure it all out. He is all business and no play. I am looking for a Doctor to handle my health - not Patch Adams

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

I had Dr. Cha as my Internist for a few years. At first, I found him to be very serious and abrupt. As I got to know him more, I realized that he really does care about his patients and their progress. I think he did his best for me. Since I have moved, I am not receiving the same care.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010