Ratings for Dr. Nancy Hood

Dr Hood was our family doctor for several years. my husband became ill coming up to christmas 2002 losing weight (30 lbs in 2 months), swollen feet, coughing to the point of wretching, and by the third month of symptoms started blacking out at work. Throughout this period he was having to go to for blood tests once-twice/week, and was sent for a bone marrow test - twice - because they didn't believe the negative results. After referrals to blood specialists i finally brought him to TGH where he was diagnosed by a medical student with an infection in his heart, later confirmed by a specialist as being in his aortic valve. The doctors at TGH were shocked that this had gone so long without a proper diagnosis. He ended up having open heart surgery to have the valve replaced and thankfully has recovered completely. I would not recommend Dr. Hood to anyone, she apologized and tried to justify her lack of diagnosis saying that she consulted other doctors.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

I loved working with Dr Hood she was sadly missed would love to work for again staff member no longer there

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Hood was my GP for over 20 years and she was a blessing. I received plenty of notice when she closed her practice. She sent a beautifully-written, heartfelt letter to her patients - several months prior to leaving - which gave adequate notice, and explained to us why she had no choice but to move to another area of medicine. I NEVER once felt rushed with her, nor did I find her stressed (even when she must've been). She was always open to alternative medicines and naturopathy, and listened to me attentively when I saw her. She was kind, straightforward and intelligent. We'll sorely miss her counsel and care.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Nancy was my Dr for over 20 years and she was wonderful. Always caring and helpful. That clinic is a nightmare, not just for patients but for some of the Dr's too. Dr Hood tried very hard to find another office so that she could continue to practice family medicine and it didn't work out. When the other opportunity came along, she took it and I don't blame her. She is entitled to her own path in life. She did not just up and leave. She did send letters to patients with plenty of notice. I miss her but was able to find a new Dr fairly quickly on the Ontario Physicians website.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

Found Dr. Hood to be efficient is areas such a referrals, notes, etc., but not thorough enough sometimes, but she was a pleasant person. Totally blindsided patients by closing her practice with virtually no notice. For those with chronic diseases and mobility issues this was most unfair. The adjoining clinic in the Doctor's Office is your worst nightmare. Rude and unhelpful staff. Went shortly after Dr. Hood closed her office. 5 patient's ahead of me and still waiting 2 1/2 hours later. I walked out. Haven't been back since and would not recommend their services again.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

at first i liked dr. hood but found her to be extremely rushed and talked too fast for me to folow her. i didnt feel she took the time needed and often she didnt follow through with things. she needed to be reminded and never came through for me on many occasions. then she just up and left her office leaving patients with no where to go. not good. and the clinic she worked at is a nightmare. many times ive been there when patients waiting are treated rudely and ive seen people just get up and leave. not a fun place.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2008

I think Dr. Hood is an excellent doctor and I am sorry to see her go. She did seem burned out by the medical system though and I hope she finds greater satisfaction in her new job.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

I was a patient for 5 years. She sent me for numerous tests on my last visit, even setting up a date for my yearly physical. Then, I get a phone call a short time after saying my appointment was cancelled and to find another doctor. What? She quit her practice? I was growing unhappy with the service anyway. I found another doctor on my own and had to have all the lab tests faxed over to my new doctor from the 2 labs that had done the tests. To top that, Dr Hood was on vacation and my new doctor had to wait almost a month to get my file!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

I was happy with Dr Hood although she always seemed rushed and stressed out. She referred me to excellent specialists who were highly regarded so I appreciated that. Then suddenly, without any notice she left the practise and now my husband and I no longer have a family dr. I was just happy I found a ped for my baby instead of taking her to Dr Hood like she suggested I do.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007

She always gets back to me with referrals we have decided I need. I feel she really cares about my health and total well-being.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007