Ratings for Dr. Paul A. Kostamo

OMG I was referred to this doctor for care by my pain management doctor. In all of my life I have never received such poor care. You have a test done and it takes days to get results. The staff is rude and it appears no one care about the patient. All I can tell you is stay away from the doctor and office. I will be researching for a new doctor ASAP! Would be better to go to urgent care than here.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Was my doctor for many, many years. He has gone way down hill over the last several years. Wait time has always been horrible, usually over an hour, have even waited 2 hours before. Have not been properly diagnosed on more than 1 occasion and not referred to anyone else for help, then found out something was really wrong and he had no clue. Has no hospital affiliation anymore. When he did have a hospital affiliation he did not show up to the hospital at all within a 24 hour period after being admitted. Once was a really good doctor, now is a pitiful excuse for a doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Worst personal service ever! The front desk girls sit behind a glass window and do not bother to open it to approach you until it suits them. I've waited over 30 mins with them ignoring me on the other side of the window. The nurse practioner is actually very good but otherwise i do not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Do not go here for preventive care. The ARNP charged me for other services that I did not ask for and did not want - ended up costing three times what it would have elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I think dr.k is the best dr. He sent me to a specialist to find out what was wrong with me and they dx me all wrong put me on the wrong medicine Dr. K saved me and dx me with manierrs disease and put me on the right medicine since then I have been good to go no more passing out in the stores. I think his assistant manager is awesome always smiling and sweet. His ma on the other hand is rough around the edges but once you get to know her she gets better.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr.Kostamo and his staff are the best people you will ever find. On my visits to the office not only did i find he was a brillant Doctor on dx any of the illnesses i've had i have never had any problems with the medicine he has rx'd me.I also found him to be a very good listener to my problems.He is a very well educated Doctor and tells you straight up about your health. I would recommend him to every one who needs such a caring Doctor. Everyone i have meet who needs to see a great Doctor i have recommened him to them.The wait is worth the weight in gold...

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Been a patient of Dr. K 20 yrs. Most of that time, no problems. However, 5 yrs ago, he almost cost me my life. Had a bad fall onto my tailbone, he did nothing but prescribe pain meds for 9 months. Turned out I had cancer, which he completely missed - I had to ASK for an MRI after being in so much pain for so long I couldn't even sleep at night. People at my work sent me in an ambulance to the hospital, where I lay screaming on the floor b/c I couldn't get comfortable in bed. Dr. K finally sent me for biopsy after that episode. Now I've had a bad cough for 3 months and all he's done is prescribe... cough medicine. I think he's slipping. Badly.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. K is awesome and a straight shooter. If you don't want to hear the truth and want your ego stroked or someone to tell you that your healthly when your not, don't go to Dr. K.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I've been seeing Dr K for almost 10 years. He knows his stuff. I really like his kind and caring staff. His nurse Meredith is really kind and listens.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I have had this doctor and his nurse practitioner for a number of years. Dr. Kostamo is the ULTIMATE doctor, and is really into the best medical interests of the patients. He has done all of the right things, and NEVER neglected any serious problems of mine which is diabetes, and other problems. If you want a doctor with a heart along with his nurse practitioner, call his office for help!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Paul A. Kostamo's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Centene