Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Osa

I have been seeing Dr. Osa for about 6 years for my thyroid. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. He has discussed options with me, listening to my reasons for wanting what might not be considered mainstream approaches, and working out plans that make both of us happy. I strongly recommend him. The office staff at Endocrinology Associates, however are some of the most unpleasant, unprofessional people I have ever run into in a medical establishment. They are inefficient and care about nothing but their own convenience. Every negative comment I saw here resonates strongly. You will not get through to them on the phone. The best you can hope for is that they will return your call within a week or so.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

BAD DOCTOR. REFUSE E-COMMUNICATE. DENY DEAF ACCESS. DON'T CARE REHAB ACT, ADA, DEAF ACCESS. ETC.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

My NP found my glucose slightly elevated and recommended I mention it to my endocrinologist. I was seeing Dr Osa for Hashimoto's. I called and was told Dr Osa wasn't taking new diabetes patients. I said, I'm already a patient! So sorry...So, I went to my GP who said maybe my Synthroid was affecting glucose and recommended decreased dose. I called Osa's office to tell them and was chastized for having multiple doctors manage my thyroid. But I only went to the GP because YOU told me I couldn't talk to Osa about the glucose! Much later, after we had increased dose again, I felt HYPERthyroid (and had a TSH test from GP that put TSH really low) but they told me my low TSH result couldn't be possible and that Lab Corp is no good and the result was bogus. OK. But I DO feel horrible. So rude, so ridiculous were the interactions with the STAFF that I left the practice, even though I really liked Dr Osa. Horrible horrible horrible staff.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Osa saved me from having brain surgery to remove a pituitary tumor (ended up not being a tumor), but after a few years under his care and 3 children later my thyroid has gone haywire and he will only prescribe brand name Synthroid. He would not consider my suggestion for Cytomel (T) or offer any other suggestions for possible causes. Loved him before, but have since lost my respect for him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr Osa is very personable and understanding. He is sympathetic to my near-phobia regarding a proceedure I have to have done by him periodically. His gentleness, understanding, and sense of humor make these much more tolerable. Disregarding the proceedure, I do enjoy seeing Dr Osa periodically.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Incredible doctor who completely changed my life. I felt horrible all of the time until Dr. Osa found the issue and corrected it. I feel like a new person. Great doctor who is very smart and extremely nice. One of the best.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Very kind and understanding. Very therough. Explains things carefully. One of the best doctors I have used.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

I SEE DR.OSA. HE HAS BEEN VERY KIND AND HAS A GREAT BED SIDE MANOR. WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY HEALTH. I HAVE NOT FOUND THE STAFF TO BE RUDE.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I only actually saw Dr. Osa once in the year that I was a patient there. While he was friendly, I did not feel like i was given many options for treatment and I felt that many of my questions about symptoms and medication side-effects were never answered.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2008

Dr. Osa is a good doctor, but his scheduling staff are rude and unprofessional. They expected me to come in for appointment at the last minute, and were rude when I told them I couldn't make it because I had to work. Then I was told, very rudely, that I would have to wait 5 months before the next appointment was available. I felt like I was being punished for not taking the next day appointment that I simply couldn't make. I would have waited 5 months for an appointment, if I was treated better by the schedule person. I am understanding that specialists are in high demand, but I have since found a new Dr. who has kind, professional staff.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Dr. Steven R. Osa's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1977)

Pacificare