Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Hone

This doctor has no business being a doctor. She is incompetent. I had thyroid cancer and had surgery to remove my thyroid. Usual follow up care after such a surgery is a radioactive iodine scan to make sure that all the thyroid tissue is gone and has not moved to other parts of the body. She NEVER in the 2 yrs following my surgery ran such a scan. I was still not feeling well. She had me totally on the wrong level of thyroid medicine. Well she wasn't listening so I saw another endo. When he discovered that I had never had a scan after my surgery, he immediately scheduled one. Good thing, because there was more thyroid tissue and I then underwent ROI therapy to ablate it. SHE ALMOST KILLED ME WITH HER INCOMPETENCE!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Hone for elevated prolactin levels, after my MRI came back negative for having a pituitary gland tumor. She insisted on treating me as if I did have a tumor. She refused to listen to any of my other symptoms or the fact that thyroid issues run in my family. It was clear that she had decided what was wrong with me and what treatment would be prior to me walking in the door. A doctor that doesn't listen to her patients is completely useless to the medical community!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

I saw Dr. Hone for over 5 years for a pituitary tumor. She was great when I was stable and feeling good, but when I began feeling sick, she was reluctant to look beyond my tumor (which continued to be stable) for other causes for my sypmtoms. She even suggested that I had too much anxiety and that was causing my sypmtoms. Since I began seeing another doctor, I found out that my Thyroid is borderline low, and this could be the cause of my new symptoms. I left Dr. Hone, after being a loyal patient for many years, because she wouldn't look outside the box to address my new sypmtoms, and because the wait time was becoming incredibly long. Once, I even had to reset my appointment after driving all the way from Castle Rock to her office at Porter in Denver. I understand that Dr.'s have emergencies, but it would have been corteous of her staff to call me to reset before I made the long drive to Porter.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Dr. Jennifer Hone's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1989)

UnitedHealthcare