Ratings for Dr. John Paul Nickerson

Very nice. Comfortable to be with. Did his job well.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Nickerson is direct, to the point and willing to work with you when deciding on appropriate treatment. I find him approachable and friendly.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Nickerson is not very knowledgable and does not follow up on tests requested by him. My Dad has had two strokes because Dr. Nickerson took him off of blood thinners to get a tooth pulled and we were not informed that he had a stroke. My Dad is on warfarin (blood thinners) and Dr. Nickerson wasn't sending him for regular blood test resulting in a major stroke causing him to be in a care home. He also prescribed a drug for my Mother and is not to be taken when you have glaucoma (which she has)

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr Nickerson is nice enough, but to reitterate what a lot of people are saying, he does not seem very knowledgable and has always made me feel uneasy and a little uncomfortable. I also agree that he will give you whatever you ask for but not suggest much.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

He has been our family doctor for 10 years. He is excellent with babies and kids.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

He is the best doctor a family could have. If he doesnt know the answer to your question he will call you a half an hour later and give you the answer. Best doctorm, Much better then Dr.Brown (Jeff Brown in Kelowna)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr. Nickerson was pleasant enough, but certainly not accurate by any means. Mis-diagnosed our young daughter(prolonging her condition), and out of necessity I consulted him myself after being sick for nearly 3 weeks - he told me to come back in a few days if the symtoms persisted - diagnosed the next day as strep throat by a different doctor and sent for blood tests to rule out anything else (???). Will not go back there !

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Dr Nickerson has always shown compasion to my family, and has always answered my medical questions.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

My father has an unimaginable amount of health problems which require a massive amount of medications. Nickerson has never prescribed anything that reacted with any of his other meds, and to me this is an amazing feat. I've seen this doctor for 10 years and he always kind, patient, and understanding. He is willing to find answers for you if he doesn't know them, but with me he has always given me the information I need. I've seen other doctors but none of them put me at ease like this doctor. I've never had long waits at this office. He doesn't needlessly prescribe medication that he doesn't think you need, and it makes me feel like he isn't "paid off" by the pharmaceutical companies. I will never change my doctor because of the great experiences I've had with Dr. Nickerson.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

Dr. Nickerson will do anything you ask of him, but suggests nothing himself. If you want a referral, you get one, but you had better know who you want to be referred to and for what, as he is hazy at best. Does not seem to have good contacts in the medical community. He is a cipher, and as long as I am not seriously ill I am fine with him. I plan to get a new doctor before I get to the age where Iam likely to have a medical emergency.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010