Ratings for Dr. Danny A. Neal

Dr. Neal is a very good doctor who is very concerned about his patients, but had surrounded himself with a group of nurses who aren't polite, and an office staff that is at times inefficient, or incompetent. I had a surgery scheduled for me and never even knew it ... until two days before it was supposed to happen? The office manager replied that I should have called, and that everyone knows to call the office back to find out the dates. When I pointed out I was a new patient and was not told this, she merely repeated the same thing. I eventually had to push my surgery back almost six months, when I could find the next suitable time to do it, primarily because of the office staff.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Neal was great with my son, but he was an hour late. He spent maybe 2 minutes in the room with us and he did most of the talking - trying to entertain my son, and the solution? "Let's wait it out!". I had been waiting it out for an hour! I was concerned enough to take my son to a specialist for severe nose bleeds, the least he could have done was be on time and spend a little more time answering questions. I should have billed him for an hour of my time. Rediculous - why make appointments if you aren't going to stick to them and if you are running late - call your patients and let them make the decision to sit in the waiting room for an hour or to reschedule - the rest of us have busy lives too!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Does not listen. He had seen my son a couple years previously. Took son who has HUGE tonsils back to him and asked for his opinion.Previously told by him to just keep eye on it. He barely looked in his mouth a few seconds and said that he did not have big tonsils--this is a couple years after the last time I took son for problem and he said at that point son's tonsils were pretty large. In and out fast. One of his assistants was not nice at all . No help at all.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I ha 3 surgeries done with him he was the best surgoen i have ever been to, he explained everything clearly and he was very kind and he deffinetly knows wut he is doing i feel 110% better with my sinus and tonscil and adnoids i highley recomend him to anyone in the shedendoah valley

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Would definitely go back to him again. Performed sinus surgery approximately 10 years ago, best bedside manner ever!! Genuine concern for his patients. Highly recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2007

Best bedside manner ever. Patient, explains clearly and well, especially to kids. I can't judge his knowledge because I went to him for something simple. But you have to love him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2006

Dr Neal has a wonderful bedside manner. However, he does not know his limitations. He performed 2 surgeries on me then cut me loose eventhough i still had a chronic sinus infection. I had to call his office numerous times just to get a nurse so i could ask some questions...then was told they would have to consult with the doc, and they had no idea when he would be back in the office. He just left me stranded. My new doctor said if he had to operate on me again, he would FINISH or complete the first 2 surgeries also! Doctor Neal is good for minor ears, nose and throat problems, but patient beware if it's anything more complicated.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2005

A great Doctor and a great man. My son (13) loves him and I do too. I trust him and love that he takes time to talk about anything and everything that is of concern. He treats kids like they are capable of making decisions about their health! LOVE HIM!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2004

Dr. Danny A. Neal's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Harrisonburg, VA