Ratings for Dr. Sharmila Kulkarni

Unprofessional and not recommended. She seems to be one of those physicians who is 'milking' the system. I asked her for a referral to a specialist because no treatments were effective for my medical condition. Her facial expression became annoyed-looking, but she said that she would refer me. I waited weeks. She never did. The clinic office manager had to intervene and said that Dr. Kulkarni only leases space from them at this clinic and she is accountable only to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, not the clinic. This physician is very difficult to reach and does not respond promptly. So I went to another physician somewhere else who quickly did refer me to a specialist. It seems that Dr. Kulkarni wants patients to return to her to bill AHS (taxpayers) for office visits yet her practice of medicine is lacking which results in the patient unnecessarily suffering.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Kulkarni belittled my difficulties managing my everyday affairs. She trivialized my need for more help. Instead of taking responsibility for her part, she put me on the defensive. Her conduct was unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

This doctor mocked and ridiculed me when I attempted to tell her my pain persisted and that I was in need of more help. She trivialized my condition, speaking in a contemptuous tone of voice. I did not go back. I continue to experience disability. This doctor's profession is to help but instead, she made my conditon worse by being verbally abusive.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Dr. Kulkarni is the most caring and helpful Dr. we have ever had.One feels we are the only people she cares for as she is treating us. We feel VERY fortunate to have her as our Doctor.We do not mind waiting for our appointments as we know she is giving her care to someone else.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Excellent doctor, understanding, knowledgable, down to earth, compassionate, professional doctor and person.

Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr.Sharmila Kulkarni is the best doctor I have seen in four years of my nightmare accident. She is kind, professional, and can write a report to the accuracy of 100%. I saw her for the first time, she did a proper exam and treated me with respect. I wish we had a 100 more like her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

I wish more doctors were as professional as Dr Kulkarni. She seems to genuienly care and strikes me as being very knowledgeable.She is very thorough and kind! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

A truly genuine, caring and compassionate doctor. She is very compassionate and wise in her. Her thoughtful diagnoses and her helpful and practical treatments are very welcome!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

I have attended Dr Kulkarni's Sylvan Lake office. She is fantastic-I cannot speak highly enough of her. She is very pleasant, very thorough & has good listening skills. I never feel rushed. She gave me one of the most thorough physicals I have ever had. The advice she gave me was very useful. I was recovering from injuries received in a car accident & Dr Kulkarni arranged for me to have further investigations quickly. Once these results were received by her I was again seen by her. She provided me with exercises that would benefit my recovery, & she demonstrated them for me explaining the purpose of each exercise. She encouraged input from me as to any concerns or suggestions I might have. I returned to see her at follow up & I'm delighted to report that my recovery was complete. I was feeling quite depressed with my situation prior to being referred to Dr Kulkarni- she understood how I was feeling low & was effective in empowering me to be a partner in my own recovery.Great Doctor

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Sharmila Kulkarni's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Unprofessional and not recommended. She seems to be one of those physicians who is 'milking' the system. I asked her for a referral to a specialist because no..."

January 9, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kulkarni belittled my difficulties managing my everyday affairs. She trivialized my need for more help. Instead of taking responsibility for her part, s..."

April 20, 2015