Ratings for Dr. Sharmila Kulkarni

Disrespectful. She needs to be more professional.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

She failed to diagnose my problem even after multiple appointments. Then a physiotherapist said I might have a torn labrum in my hip joint so ANOTHER physician ordered an MRI which showed that yes I have a torn and partly detached labrum. Does Dr. Kulkarni even know human anatomy? Alberta Health Services needs to crack down on doctors like Dr. Kulkarni who do not practice Medicine properly.

Submitted March 4, 2016

I have CRPS, which has been diagnosed by three other pain physicians. After visiting her for a single appointment when I described my medical history, she acted as though my health circumstances were understood and said on my next appointment, I would see the pain physician the following week. After 2 weeks, without my knowledge, the staff told me I could not leave a message for her and to contact my GP if I wanted further care. She wrote a letter to my GP stating that I had CRPS but I seemed to be a drug addict and that I should go to Ponoka for treatment. My GP he couldn't understand why she said I was a drug addict and told me to write a letter to her regarding the treatment I received, which I did not do. I am now going to the U of A pain clinic. She did not seem to have low intelligence or bad manners but it's hard to tell when people lie and manipulate others with a smile and calm, pleasant demeanor. She acted 'nice' but the facts prove she is a manipulator. Never question this ladies authority or call her on her lies else, you may receive the same treatment I did. Physicians (doctors) have a lot of power and entitlement.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Unprofessional and not recommended. She seems to be one of those physicians who is 'milking' the system. I asked her for a referral to a specialist because no treatments were effective for my medical condition. Her facial expression became annoyed-looking, but she said that she would refer me. I waited weeks. She never did. The clinic office manager had to intervene and said that Dr. Kulkarni only leases space from them at this clinic and she is accountable only to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, not the clinic. This physician is very difficult to reach and does not respond promptly. So I went to another physician somewhere else who quickly did refer me to a specialist. It seems that Dr. Kulkarni wants patients to return to her to bill AHS (taxpayers) for office visits yet her practice of medicine is lacking which results in the patient unnecessarily suffering.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Kulkarni belittled my difficulties managing my everyday affairs. She trivialized my need for more help. Instead of taking responsibility for her part, she put me on the defensive. Her conduct was unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

This doctor mocked and ridiculed me when I attempted to tell her my pain persisted and that I was in need of more help. She trivialized my condition, speaking in a contemptuous tone of voice. I did not go back. I continue to experience disability. This doctor's profession is to help but instead, she made my conditon worse by being verbally abusive.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Dr. Kulkarni is the most caring and helpful Dr. we have ever had.One feels we are the only people she cares for as she is treating us. We feel VERY fortunate to have her as our Doctor.We do not mind waiting for our appointments as we know she is giving her care to someone else.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Excellent doctor, understanding, knowledgable, down to earth, compassionate, professional doctor and person.

Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr.Sharmila Kulkarni is the best doctor I have seen in four years of my nightmare accident. She is kind, professional, and can write a report to the accuracy of 100%. I saw her for the first time, she did a proper exam and treated me with respect. I wish we had a 100 more like her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

I wish more doctors were as professional as Dr Kulkarni. She seems to genuienly care and strikes me as being very knowledgeable.She is very thorough and kind! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008