Ratings for Dr. Rene Lafreniere

A heaven-sent healer extraordinaire. Quite simply the best. It's very difficult to express my gratitude in mere words, but I will thank him forevermore.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Was very fortunate to have Dr. Lafreniere as my surgical oncologist. He performed a bi-lateral mastectomy and removed some of my lymph nodes. You can trust he's aggressive and thorough in removing all the cancer. I was adamant of having partial reconstruction done at the same time as my mastectomy. While not the norm, Dr. Lafreniere was willing to work with me and coordinate the two surgeries together. I am so very grateful for this! It made all the difference in world to me. I also owe many thanks to his wonderful assistant, Mandy, who was instrumental in coordinating the two surgeries. Excellent doctor and assistant! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

This dr. Is caring, funny and puts you at ease. His staff an assistant when he couldn't be there removed my drain tube. She ripped them out of my body told me to count to 3 and just yanked them out, it hurt so much I thought I was going to pass out. Then she told me I could leave. I have had more surgeries and am now terrified of these drains.

Submitted December 21, 2016

I live in Colombia, South America and I can proudly say that Dr. Rene Lafreniere and Dr. Alfred Ketcham, who at the time worked in Florida USA at the Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, saved my life 33 years ago! Maybe I am his oldest pacient writing here! Dr. Rene Lafreniere was so caring, so professional. He provided medical care at the highest standards. He, with Dr. Ketcham, came every day to my hospital room at 5 in the morning, surrounded my bed with his students, and I was amazed by his outstanding interpersonal skills and a wonderful personality. Dr. Lafreniere is a trustworthy, friendly, kind, compassionate, intelligent, self-confident specialist. He is a brilliant surgical oncologist to whom I will always be so grateful. He was so kind with my children, who at the time thought their mother could die. But we were so lucky to be in such good hands, here I am 33 years later, still smiling to life. Thank you Doctor! You are an incredible human being.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr L is beyond incredible. I'm so lucky to have him in my life despite the circumstances! !! I told him he can't retire for at least 20 yrs !!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Lafreniere is the best. I was so nervous and upset when I attended my first appt. After the meeting I was so much calmer. He has such a gentle nature and is a fantastic and talented Doctor. I'm now al out four years from my diagnosis and so appreciate that he will follow me for life. Very lucky I got the best. His girl Mandy is also awesome!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

By far the kindest and most caring Doctor! He is a kind soul in a not so kind circumstance of having to see him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Best Doctor! Caring and helpful. Dr. Lafreniere's knowledge and concern for his patients is evident. His reassuring manner gave me allot of comfort.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I am now 2 years clear of breast cancer. It was very scary but with the help of Dr. Lafreniere I got through it. He is truly a dedicated caring Doctor. I don't have enough time to thank him for everything he has done. Every day I say a little prayer that I was lucky enough to get this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Rene Lafreniere is indeed a prominent surgeon and medical professor who provides medical care at the highest standards. He is a brilliant surgical oncologist with outstanding interpersonal skills and a wonderful personality. Dr. Lafreniere is a trustworthy, friendly, courteous, kind, compassionate, intelligent, self-confident specialist. His talent and caring manner is truly a credit to the medical profession. It is always a pleasure to see him during my follow up visits, and I am very grateful to be one of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016