Ratings for Dr. Rene Lafreniere

The most amazing man, amazing staff.. I can't say enough!! I appreciate him more then words can express. Though a very difficult time for myself and my family, I had no questions, regret, or what ifs after my surgery... My follow up appointments were very thro , and he took the time with my family with questions.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I am so appreciative by the kindness, warmth and knowledge that Dr Lafreniere and his staff provide. Have been making such a difficult decision so much easier and its appreciated that they think of you as a person instead of 'another patient' or number.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

After being diagnosed with breast cancer I was in horror land until I left DR LAFRENIERE office.Once I met with him and was reassured by him I was on my way to recovery with him. I felt so much relieve and peace after my visit and after surgery .He is my guarding angel his staff is just as good as he is .He truly loves his job and respects his patients.Thank you so much for being my DR. I KNOW THAT I AM IN GOOD HANDS.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr La Freniere is one of the very best Doctors I have ever met, and I have been around the world in my work & travels. He is humble, gentle and friendly and a good friend in difficult times. He is one of the few Doctors who when asked a subject he does not know is not afraid to say "I don't know" and then he goes and finds out too, always. He never gives you nonsense like so many other arrogant Doctors, who pretend to know everything and arrogantly make up rubbish to conceal their ignorance. Truly a good human being, friend and excellent Doctor when you really need all of these!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

He is a wonderful, caring, helpful doctor and I am so lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr Lafrenie is the best knowledgeable gentle understanding. Always willing to answer your questions. He truly is exceptional and one of the best doctors I have ever had

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I am currentlyl iving in Ecuador and flying back to Calgary for many reasons --one of which is checking in with Dr. Lafreniere. This exceptional human being and doctor is without a doubt --beyond mere words--the best! I echo everything that has been said and written about Dr. Lafreniere--especially--take good care of yourself good doctor--there are so many of us who need you, your expertise, your kindness and calm manner! I feel so blessed to have landed with this angel.

Submitted September 17, 2015

I can't say how grateful I am for having Dr Lafreniere as a part of my team. He is calm, caring, positive and has taken over the duties of my medical oncologist while I wait for further surgeries. Every time I meet someone who has had him, they swoon, and every time I meet someone who has been recently diagnosed and find out they have him, I excitedly tell them how lucky they are, too. I never mind the waiting to see him, although it's not long, as he always takes the time to answer any questions I have. Mandy, his assistant, has even fit me in the same afternoon I happened to be in ER, just to make sure he could follow what was going on. I wish more doctors were like him. I wish more PEOPLE were like him! Thank you, Dr Lafreniere! If there's anyone's hands I'd want to put my life in, it's his.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and was a mess when my family doctor gave me the news, that is until I met with Dr. Lafreniere. His calm, cheerful demeanor had an immediate sedating effect on me. His kindness and positive outlook was clearly genuine and at the end of my meeting with him, I felt like hugging him. I didn't, purely because, if I had, I'd have burst into tears of relief. Mandy, his assistant is also wonderful, she has answered every one of my questions promptly and is an excellent help. I can also not forget to mention the young doctor assisting Dr. Lafreniere who cleared up many of my early questions and who's name I've completely forgetten (apolgies!).

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr Lafreniere is obviously a highly-skilled and very knowledgable surgeon. I trusted him and his advice immensely, and because of him I wasn't as afraid of surgery- I knew I was in the best hands and that he genuinely cares for his patients. Beyond being an excellent surgeon, he was the first and only specialist I met along my cancer journey to take the time to sit and explain things to me - to show me scan results and explain what they mean. He also understood the value of giving your patient some positive and optimistic words, which other doctors avoided doing due to the aggressiveness of my cancer. I'm truly grateful to Dr lafreniere and to my family doctor for insisting that I see him and no one else!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Dr. Rene Lafreniere's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most amazing man, amazing staff.. I can't say enough!! I appreciate him more then words can express. Though a very difficult time for myself and my family, ..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so appreciative by the kindness, warmth and knowledge that Dr Lafreniere and his staff provide. Have been making such a difficult decision so much easier a..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After being diagnosed with breast cancer I was in horror land until I left DR LAFRENIERE office.Once I met with him and was reassured by him I was on my way to..."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr La Freniere is one of the very best Doctors I have ever met, and I have been around the world in my work & travels. He is humble, gentle and friendly and a ..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a wonderful, caring, helpful doctor and I am so lucky to have him."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lafrenie is the best knowledgeable gentle understanding. Always willing to answer your questions. He truly is exceptional and one of the best doctors I have..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am currentlyl iving in Ecuador and flying back to Calgary for many reasons --one of which is checking in with Dr. Lafreniere. This exceptional human being and..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say how grateful I am for having Dr Lafreniere as a part of my team. He is calm, caring, positive and has taken over the duties of my medical oncologist..."

February 11, 2015