Ratings for Dr. Sandra J. Ahlum

Excellent doctor. Has delivered 2 out of my 3 children. Very gentle, willing to answer questions, very good following up if there are problems.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

I really enjoyed her...fi i were to have another baby i would choose her for my obgyn. She talked to me like a woman and a mother. I can say that she made my pregnancy a very memorable time during my life...thank you.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Dr.Ahlum is horrible if you are a young parent. I was barely 17 and she would not see me until 12 weeks, upon which she rescheduled my appointment, and I did not get a first appointment until 21 weeks of pregnancy! during the whole pregnancy she rushed in and out of the appointments, would not answer our question simply hand us a brochure. and in the end by 33 weeks (what ahlum said, since she used a metal squeeze thing to measure!) I transferred to Columbia (seeing as Hannibal will not let you transfer between their drs!) and at my first appointment, I was told I was not 33 weeks but 36.5..my child was born 4 days later perfectly healthy whereas ahlum would of made this impossible!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Took care of pregnancy for my first child. Wonderful, and thourough. He didnt make it but she did make things as happy and as comfortable for him during the time he was with me. Im the father...

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr Ahlum delivered my second child more than 20 years ago. She is quiet but was wonderful in the delivery. She is very centered on the patient and the baby. She is very punctual and I hardly ever have to wait. She does not rush from one room to another. I have not needed an MD for many years and could go to the nurse practitioner for my yearly checkup but still go to Dr Ahlum.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Ahlum has been my doctor for years and has been wonderful each time. When I had my miscarriage she was wonderful and made sure I knew everything I needed to. She was very reassuring. I will continue to go to her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

HORRIBLE! WAS COVERING FOR MY OB. WOULD NOT SEE ME AT THE OFFICE EVEN DURING OFFICE HOURS FOR MAJOR BLEEDING AND CRAMPS IN MY FIRST TRIMESTER. TOLD ME TO GO TO ER IF I COULD NOT WAIT FOR MY OB TO BE BACK IN OFFICE. WENT TO ER SHE DID NOT COME SEE ME THERE EITHER. LEFT ME W/ A BUMBLING ER DR WHO HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING. HE SENT ME HOME. PAIN BECAME WORSE AND MORE BLEEDING. CALLED DR. AHLUM AGAIN THAT EVENING TOLD ME TO TAKE TYLENOL. I WENT BACK TO ER ON MY OWN. THEY LET ME KNOW I HAD MISCARRIED VIA ULTRASOUND, AND STARTED AN IV TELLING ME I WOULD HAVE A D&C IN THE AM. AHLUM CAME INTO MY ROOM AT 6:00 AM BEFORE MY OWN OB WAS THERE FOR ROUNDS TO SEND ME HOME. SHE STATED SURGERY WASN'T NECESSARY. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY CCALL FROM MY OWN OB, AND WAS NOT TOLD WHAT TO DO ABOUT FOLLOW UP. I CALLED MY OB LATE ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON. SHE IMMEDIATELY GOT ME IN. AFTER ANOTHER US SAID I COULD NOT GO W/OUT THE D&C AS I MIGHT BLEED TO DEATH. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

HORRIBLE IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER GO OUT OF TOWN!!!! I had her for a OB almost 20 years ago. I still shudder when I see or hear that last name. I now live in St Louis and still remember her complete disregard after I miscarried. to her Abortion was my only option. I did not believe it. I lost my child anyway. Because I argued with her about my care I was lied about in my medical files. I had pain for years. Her statement in my files... She has more wrong with her than physical. I have since found out I had endo and had cervical cancer. GUESS WHAT I"M A SURVIVOR!! After a hysterectomy with an additional hour to clean the endo out of my abdominal cavity. I have an AWESOME OB GYN and instead of bleeding 20 days a month, tired all the time, paIN, ETC I'M FEELING LIKE A NEW WOMAN!!!! If I had known today what I know now I would have sued her and said I don't want the money Just PLEASE DON"T LET HER PRACTICE and scar anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Sandra J. Ahlum's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

UnitedHealthcare