Dr. Russell S. Shu

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Russell S. Shu

Saw him for 8 months trying to get rid of severe congestion & cough. He sent me to every possible specialist, did a vocal cord biopsy but never found the cause of the congestion & cough. He gave up. I don't think he's very passionate about medicine & lacks compassion. After my first few visits & a course of antibiotics, I still had the excess congestion & cough. He said I would have to quit smoking..... so I did! Every subsequent appointment (after telling him I still wasn't feeling better), he would tell me I needed to quit smoking& I would remind him that I DID - now 8 months ago. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence when he remembers nothing about your case even after more than 10 appointments?

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I will admit some of the phone staff could use some coaching in how they should answer a professional office phone, but have no problem with Dr. Shu... he was pleasant , toke his time, and made me feel comfortable and at ease...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Shu took a lot of time to explain my condition and then performed my surgery and took care of all of my follow ups. I am very happy with the time he took and his patience to explain everything, the staff was also for the most part wonderful and I never had to wait more then 5 minutes to be seen. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an ENT

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

I do NOT recommend Dr. Shu or ENT Specialists. I've rated them poor in all categories because when I got my bill BCBS picked up most of the cost of ear wax removal BUT there was an office visit charge of $260. I was with Dr. Shu for no more than 3 minutes. At no time making the appt, coming into the office, nor leaving did anyone advise me of an office visit charge. When I called to question the charge I was told it is standard and it had to be paid. I told them there was absolutely no communication. I had been to ENT in Warwick RI three years ago and I could have gone there, where I paid no office visit and no audio charge, but I've moved. The charge is bad enough but the lack of communication is worse. At $260 for 3 minutes, that's $5200 an hour. I guess if you can get away with it, then go for it. I will not be back to see Dr. Shu or ENT Specialists.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr Shu is an excellent Dr.He is caring & friendly. He talk with you with concern . He is great We should have many doctor Like Dr Shu

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Fantastic Dr. I would highly reccommend him. Did my thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer, barely visible scar. Was extremely attentive before and after my surgery.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Shu is highly knowledgable and understanding. I would recommend anyone who is having naso-laryngal problems or any probs with ENT to see Dr. Shu. He did a tonsillectomy on me earlier this year, and I'm 34. He also treated my mom with various issues she's faced, and she was also extremely happy with his expertise and caring. I can't commend him more. His staff is also very helpful. Oh, and a couple times he was around 2 mins late to MY appt... HE APPOLOGIZED! How many doctors do you know do that? Talk about considerate. 5 of 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

THIS DOCTOR IS VERY NICE AND CARING TOWRDS HIS PATIENTS

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Russell S. Shu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“Through evidence based medicine, I provide high level university care to all age groups in the community. I enjoy using my medical expertise by spending time each year on overseas cleft lip/palate missions.” Dr. Shu joined ENT Specialists in 2000. He graduated with Distinction from McGill University with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Immunology in 1991. He then attended Boston University School of Medicine, earning his medical degree in 1995. He then went on to complete his residency training in Otolaryngology/ Head & Neck Surgery at Tufts/New England Medical Center. This included training at the following institutions: Tufts Medical Center, Rhode Island Hospital, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, and Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr. Shu’s medical interests include: rhinology, pediatric otolaryngology, general otolaryngology, snoring and sleep apnea, thyroid and parathyroid disorders, head and neck cancer surgery, and otology. In addition to his duties at ENT Specialists, Dr. Shu serves as an assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts Medical School, Chief of Otolaryngology at Norwood Hospital, and Chief of Otolaryngology at Good Samaritan Medical Center. Dr. Shu is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology.

• English

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Norwood, MA